inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chris Jericho - Underused Talent of the Decade

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/08/04 at 6:26 am

I'm sure we have a few wrestling fans here, open and closet  ;) (BTW it's a shame that in this day and age people are ashamed to like wrestling, everyone knows it's not real, it's fun, hell Barry Bonds isn't real people still 'like' him)

But anyway, to my point. I'm sure everybody agrees that Chris Jericho is one of the top talents in the wrestling world. His basic mat skills are on the same level as Chris Benoit, he has the intensity of Kurt Angle and the chrisma of everyone favourite movie star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. So why is it that this seemingly perfect superstar continues to be held back from the ultimate goal of any wrestler, The World Heavyweight Championship. I understand the way 'the business' works, and obviously it isn't just the best or the brightest that get to hold 'the strap' but come on, are we really expected to believe that Chris Jericho isn't good enough. He was pushed to the main event level by being the first ever Undisputed Champ, he dropped the belt to Triple H and then seemed to just drop out of existance. Some god fueds with HBK and Christian have elevated him to a higher level again but why on earth, when the WWE is losing fans and money alike do the powers that be, refuse, to give the belt to the most talented performer on the roster.

Call me old fashioned, or call me stupid, but dosent it make sense that people will tune in if they are guarenteed to see the two best people fight it out over the top title?

Subject: Re: Chris Jericho - Underused Talent of the Decade

Written By: Harmonica on 10/08/04 at 11:31 am

WWE, has changed a lot. Ever since 1997 it's been all about the "mainstream." And that my friend is your answer to why Jericho isn't getting the belt.

WWE writers need to be PRO WRESTLING FANS

but they aren't

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/08/04 at 12:04 pm

You speak the truth, however, i can't see, why now that Chris Benoit, probably the most recognised, Indy face in.. oh a long time, can take the strap for 5 months yet they arent even willing to let Jericho have a shot.

Written By: Koop on 10/08/04 at 12:40 pm

I happen to agree with you about Jericho.  He's always been one of my favorites and I think it's horrible that he's not where he should be.  I blame Triple H.  They were giving Jericho a well-deserved HUGE push a few years ago, Cripple H wins the belt, BAM...no more push. They definitely need new writer...have needed them for a LONG time...get Stephanie out of the writing decisions and push good talent.  I mentioned this in another thread, but I used to love watching, it was funny and entertaining, but I stopped when it turned into the Triple H show. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think he got upset over the pops that Jericho was getting and with Steph's help, put Jericho in a sort of no man's land. 

Btw, I haven't watched it regularly in about a year and a half, so for all I know, some things may have changed.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/08/04 at 1:40 pm

Nope, last year and a half has been eeeeexactly the same.

Except they have ruined Kanes gimmick by unmasking him  ???

Yeah Tripper basically dominates the company, looks like Pat Patterson will be his latest scalp. Patterson criticised him, Patterson is now in trouble.. what a suprise. Consider this as well, it used to be thought that Shane O would take control, not so, HHH and Steph look set to take over when Vinnce Mac hangs up his tights as such  ;D

Thats a sobering though huh

Written By: Koop on 10/08/04 at 1:53 pm

Yeah Tripper basically dominates the company, looks like Pat Patterson will be his latest scalp. Patterson criticised him, Patterson is now in trouble.. what a suprise. Consider this as well, it used to be thought that Shane O would take control, not so, HHH and Steph look set to take over when Vinnce Mac hangs up his tights as such  ;D

I guess they don't really care what fans think.  I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if HHH didn't suck so much, but he's just AWFUL!  The thing that really got me to stop watching is that they had a veteran like Rik Flair seeming to bow at the alter of HHH, which I found disgusting. And Patterson, who has been with the company for forever in TROUBLE because he critisized him?  ::) Oh jeez!  I don't think I'll be watching again anytime soon. 

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/08/04 at 3:15 pm

Yeah, i have stopped watching SD! and the time will soon come when another viewer will have been lost, it's a shame cus iv'e been a loyal fan since around 1992.. seriously it's got so awful even i'm just watching TNA & ROH now, i would advise anybody with a satallite dish to watch ROH and TNA on the Wrestling Channel.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 5:36 pm

You speak the truth, however, i can't see, why now that Chris Benoit, probably the most recognised, Indy face in.. oh a long time, can take the strap for 5 months yet they arent even willing to let Jericho have a shot.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/c/chrisjericho/68.jpg

This is what Chris Jericho looks like with a belt.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 5:37 pm

Yeah, i have stopped watching SD! and the time will soon come when another viewer will have been lost, it's a shame cus iv'e been a loyal fan since around 1992.. seriously it's got so awful even i'm just watching TNA & ROH now, i would advise anybody with a satallite dish to watch ROH and TNA on the Wrestling Channel.

If wrestling gets any more crappier,I might stop watching wrestling myself too. >:(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 5:39 pm

Except they have ruined Kanes gimmick by unmasking him

And now they put him in a feud with Gene Snitsky.Whoever the hell he is. ::)

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/09/04 at 2:59 am

Have you actually seen Snitsky in a proper match, i was watching some indy stuff a couple months ago, he had a match against this guy that looked a bit like Raven, and man, snitsky was awful

Written By: Howard on 10/09/04 at 10:18 am

Have you actually seen Snitsky in a proper match, i was watching some indy stuff a couple months ago, he had a match against this guy that looked a bit like Raven, and man, snitsky was awful

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/g/genesinisky/02.jpg

I believe this is the picture of Snitsky. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...