inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NBA Tickets

Written By: danootaandme on 10/08/04 at 3:04 pm

Every year I get tickets to a Celtics game for me and the boy, and every year I get screwed. 
He has developmental delays so the tickets have to be decent  for him to enjoy the game, so
I have to pay up.  The problem is corporations by up alot of the best seats in the form of season
tickets so by the time they are on sale to the public what is left is drech.  I let him pick a game and
try to get tickets for the one he wants, but this year we may not make it.  Pisses me off that people
can't pay a reasonable price for a decent seat for a game,.  Just had to get that off of my chest.

Subject: Re: NBA Tickets

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/08/04 at 5:37 pm

Danoota, I'm sorry for the foolishness in these d@mn tickets! You know you are paying for the fines and bail money for the players, right?  ;) I really hope you can find something for him to enjoy. How about a soccer game? Or, a trip to the museums. I'm going this way with my son b/c of the same thing. I want him to enjoy other things in the world besides the nonsense found at most games now from the rude and crude players to the outrageous prices for tickets and food alone.

Good luck, darling!

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/04 at 8:34 pm

I agree with what Tanya said. I took my family to a Colorado Rockies game (I won tickets on the Radio....a trivia question) so that was alright....but the price of the FOOD and drinks ::)

Written By: blackdog on 10/09/04 at 2:52 am

I agree.  I went to a Celtic's game last year an the only tickets/seats available were up in the nosebleed section, almost in the last row.  could hardly see the players, kind of looked like dwarfs or little people.

And the cost of the food, sheesh.... $15.00 for a hot dog and a drink.    Can only afford it about once a year.  :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/09/04 at 1:21 pm

I only do it once a year, so I try to make it a good one.  We do go to the museums, aquariums,
etc, etc, but this is the thing he looks forward to every year. The part that pisses me of most
is the tax breaks these places get, then the people paying for those breaks have to  pay through
the nose again. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...