inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jackson Angry With Eminem Over New Video

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/12/04 at 8:07 pm

I support Eminem...this is great!

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson is angered by the way he is mocked in rapper Eminem's recently released video "Just Lose It" and has asked cable music stations to remove the video from their rotations.

In the video, Eminem is costumed as Jackson and is seen with a group of boys in the background, jumping around as he sings about Jackson's child molestation allegations: "Come here, little kiddie, on my lap. Guess who's back with a brand new rap."

Jackson has pleaded not guilty in Santa Barbara County to child molestation, conspiracy and administering alcohol to an underage companion.

"I am very angry at Eminem's depiction of me in his video," Jackson said Tuesday in an interview with comedian Steve Harvey on Los Angeles radio station 100.3 FM. "I feel that it is outrageous and disrespectful. It is one thing to spoof, but it is another to be demeaning and insensitive."

Also in the video, Eminem ridicules plastic surgery done on Jackson's nose, and an accident in which Jackson's hair caught fire while he was filming a Pepsi commercial in 1984.

Only Black Entertainment Television has agreed to pull the video. The network's president and founder, Robert Johnson, said he felt it was inappropriate to disparage a celebrity.

Subject: Re: Jackson Angry With Eminem Over New Video

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/12/04 at 8:36 pm

I've read the video's description and while I love the usual parody of a celebrity, this sounds very mean-spirited. Eminem only does this to get publicity b/c otherwise he would be like all the others "flash in the pans".

Tanya

Written By: Jessica on 10/12/04 at 8:41 pm

I saw the video. He also makes fun of Madonna (he's in drag in a cone bra that catches on fire ;D) and MC Hammer. It wasn't that bad. I find Michael Jackson's face more offensive than this video. :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/12/04 at 8:48 pm

I saw the video. He also makes fun of Madonna (he's in drag in a cone bra that catches on fire ;D) and MC Hammer. It wasn't that bad. I find Michael Jackson's face more offensive than this video. :D
;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/12/04 at 9:38 pm

Why is he making fun of MC Hammer? I think he's a nutjob.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/12/04 at 9:52 pm

Why is he making fun of MC Hammer? I think he's a nutjob.

Tanya
Maybe because MC STOLE "Superfreak" and made millions which he then squandred...AND he wore those "I have a load in my pants" pants....Please don't be mad at me :-\\

Written By: woops on 10/12/04 at 11:53 pm

I liked that video & isn't that offesive

And why upset over Eminem if MJ is mocked by everything from SNL, Mad TV, "Scary Movie 3", South Park, etc.

Heck even back in the day with Weird Al, In Living Color, etc.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/04 at 12:08 am

Maybe because MC STOLE "Superfreak" and made millions which he then squandred...AND he wore those "I have a load in my pants" pants....Please don't be mad at me :-\\

When I heard Hammer didn't even get permission to use the "Superfreak" riff, I couldn't believe it!  How could anybody be that stupid, especially after going platinum?  How could anybody's lawyers be that stupid?  Beats me!

Anyway, I'm on Em's side of the issue, and I don't even care much for Eminem.  Michael Jackson's a public figure with poor judgment and a freaky disposition.  That makes him a magnet for satire.  I haven't seen the video, but the only way I could agree with putting a hold on it is if it explicitly acts out Jackson committing the crimes he is accused of.  Even then, it might be fair game, but poor taste.
It's also a sad commentary on how far Jacko's influence has dropped.  Back in the day, no one would dare dump on MJ like that.  Yeah, Weird Al did it, but that was good clean fun!

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/13/04 at 12:32 am

Wah, Wah, Wah, I'm Jacko, I don't deserve bein' made fun of. Boo-hoo-hoo! ::)

I don't like either of these folks.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/13/04 at 7:00 am

I think it hilarious ;D Michael Jack*sson needs to butch up and worry more about how he's gonna pay off another poor kid.
Eminem cracks me up, I think the guy is a crude modern day Weird Al so to speak, only instead of parodying songs, he make fun of any/everybody.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/13/04 at 8:21 am

Only Black Entertainment Television has agreed to pull the video. The network's president and founder, Robert Johnson, said he felt it was inappropriate to disparage a celebrity.

Such a decision would only impress me if they had the balls to do it PRIOR to MJ complaining.... ;)

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 10/13/04 at 10:21 am

I'll agree with the other posters on this board in that Michael Jackson practically asks for it.  I certainly have no sympathy at all for Jacko.

But, keep in mind that is Eminem is a HYPOCRITE (plus IMO doesnt have much talent either).  Weird Al in fact did an Eminem parody song/video on his last album.  Eminem blocked the single release of the song and any airing of the accompanying video.  He can sure dish it out but he cant take it.  Thats a sure sign of a BULLY.   

Written By: glitterberries1994 on 10/13/04 at 12:01 pm

My goodness...he is such an angry, envious person. It's written all over his face. I feel sorry for him.

Written By: Jessica on 10/13/04 at 12:06 pm

I haven't seen the video, but the only way I could agree with putting a hold on it is if it explicitly acts out Jackson committing the crimes he is accused of.

Nah. He only shows him sitting on the edge of a big bed with little boys jumping around on it.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/13/04 at 12:44 pm

Mark, I could never be mad at you! As for MC stealing "Superfreak", he didn't. Rick James made money b/c of his use of it.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/13/04 at 1:20 pm

Mark, I could never be mad at you! As for MC stealing "Superfreak", he didn't. Rick James made money b/c of his use of it.

Tanya
Same here, Tanya :) As for Hammer..All I ever thought was that he went bankrupt very fast and thought he's stolen than. As for his "Alleged" talent...how hard IS it to use someone elses music and stand there saying "Can' Touch This" over and over again! ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/13/04 at 1:56 pm

Same here, Tanya :) As for Hammer..All I ever thought was that he went bankrupt very fast and thought he's stolen than. As for his "Alleged" talent...how hard IS it to use someone elses music and stand there saying "Can' Touch This" over and over again! ::)

True. But, let us not forget that John Lennon took a line out of a Chuck Berry song in the first line of "Come Together". It happens all time.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/13/04 at 2:26 pm

True. But, let us not forget that John Lennon took a line out of a Chuck Berry song in the first line of "Come Together". It happens all time.

Tanya
I agree but it also depends on the "Creativity" of the artist as well. IMO "Hammer" had none...heck I could stand there all day and repeat "Can't Touch This"...while Lennon's song was a body of work that HE wrote with the exeption of the Chuck Berry line. If Berry was not asked permission then that would justify a lawsuit. I just happen to get so tired of these rappers being glorified for having talent when most...not all..just cuss over the stolen sampled music that they couldn't create themselves ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/13/04 at 4:15 pm

I agree but it also depends on the "Creativity" of the artist as well. IMO "Hammer" had none...heck I could stand there all day and repeat "Can't Touch This"...while Lennon's song was a body of work that HE wrote with the exeption of the Chuck Berry line. If Berry was not asked permission then that would justify a lawsuit. I just happen to get so tired of these rappers being glorified for having talent when most...not all..just cuss over the stolen sampled music that they couldn't create themselves ::)

True! No argument over here. Hammer couldn't touch John Lennon for all the money in the world!

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/13/04 at 4:44 pm

True! No argument over here. Hammer couldn't touch John Lennon for all the money in the world!

Tanya
Thanks for that...BTW...LOVE your avatar!

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 10/13/04 at 4:51 pm

I can't wait to see the video, I cannot abide wacko... he deserves ridicule the man is a joke. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/13/04 at 4:52 pm

Thanks for that...BTW...LOVE your avatar!

Thanks, Mark! Otherwise, if you didn't, have mercy on your rock and roll soul!  ;)

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/13/04 at 4:53 pm

Thanks, Mark! Otherwise, if you didn't, have mercy on your rock and roll soul!  ;)

Tanya
;D :-*

Written By: Howard on 10/13/04 at 7:09 pm

What is Michael Jackson actually angry about? It's only a silly video. ::)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/13/04 at 8:29 pm

What is Michael Jackson actually angry about? It's only a silly video. ::)

Howard
He's angry 'cause it portays him for what he IS :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/13/04 at 10:24 pm

I think it hilarious ;D Michael Jack*sson needs to butch up and worry more about how he's gonna pay off another poor kid.
Eminem cracks me up, I think the guy is a crude modern day Weird Al so to speak, only instead of parodying songs, he make fun of any/everybody.
Hey,I have no love lost for Michael 'P is for PEDOPHILE' Jackson,he deserves the way Eminem is mocking him! And Marshall Mathers is a father....and I KNOW if anyone did stuff like that to Hailie(his daughter)..the perp would have to watch his back 24-7-365.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/04 at 2:27 am

Did you ever hear Vanilla Ice trying to explain that his riff is actually different from Queen's "Under Pressure"?

"Yeah, but like ours is different, theres goes 'dun-da-da-dun-da-dun-dun,' ours goes like, 'dun-da-da....chhh...dun dun...'"

Something like that.  That kid was REAL dumb.  Suge Knight should have dopped him off that balcony when he had the chance!
:P

Written By: Jessica on 10/14/04 at 11:43 am

Did you ever hear Vanilla Ice trying to explain that his riff is actually different from Queen's "Under Pressure"?

"Yeah, but like ours is different, theres goes 'dun-da-da-dun-da-dun-dun,' ours goes like, 'dun-da-da....chhh...dun dun...'"

Something like that.  That kid was REAL dumb.  Suge Knight should have dopped him off that balcony when he had the chance!
:P

Oh yeah! I remember watching him explain it! I howled with laughter. Such a dumbass. ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/14/04 at 6:08 pm

Michael Jackson shouldn't even talk.He's constantly being made fun of in almost every movie,film,TV Show,commercial,etc..So,why doesn't he sue them instead of Eminem? >:(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/14/04 at 6:09 pm

He's angry 'cause it portays him for what he IS :P

Who knows what Michael Jackson is anymore. :P

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/14/04 at 7:08 pm

Who knows what Michael Jackson is anymore. :P

Howard
Jacko is one h*** of a freakshow.....I honestly think he should be in a psychiatric hospital because he certainly has some type of sickness!

Written By: Jakal on 10/14/04 at 7:26 pm

i think  :D wacko jacko :D was good back in the day but i think he went way too far with all the plastic err ness
i dont really understand black or white
he sings it doesnt matter if your black or white it doesnt mention anything about plastic ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/14/04 at 7:30 pm

i think  :D wacko jacko :D was good back in the day but i think he went way too far with all the plastic err ness
he sings it doesnt matter if your black or white it doesnt mention anything about plastic ;D

Ha! That's a good one.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/14/04 at 7:31 pm

;D

Written By: Jakal on 10/15/04 at 6:03 am

i try  ;)

Subject: Re: Jackson Angry With Eminem Over New Video.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/15/04 at 7:59 am

MTV says they will not pull the video of Wacko Jacko. ;D

Michael Jackson is furious after learning bosses at MTV plan to continue airing Eminem's controversial video for his single "Just Lose It."

The 46-year-old "Bad" singer urged all TV networks to ban the video, which features Eminem dressed as Jackson, jumping around on a bed with young children. His nose then falls off and his hair bursts into flames - which spoofs the "Butterflies'" star's accident on the set of a Pepsi commercial in 1984.

And while Black Entertainment Television (BET) has banned the video, MTV has decided to continue to air it, angering Jackson.

His spokesperson Raymone Bain tells website EURWEB, "Eminem released a statement, he and Interscope, saying they stand by the video and they're disappointed that BET pulled it. And MTV came out saying they were going to continue to air it on MTV, MTV2 and MTV Europe."

Jackson adds, "I think it's the wrong thing to do. It should be pulled, it shouldn't be played. It's incorrect."

Bain continues, "VH1 sent out a release this evening saying they were meeting on whether or not they're going to air it. So for them to release something like that must mean they're more than likely to pull it. I can't see them releasing a statement saying they're in the process of meeting on it."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

Written By: Howard on 10/15/04 at 7:08 pm

Jacko is one h*** of a freakshow.....I honestly think he should be in a psychiatric hospital because he certainly has some type of sickness!

mental sickness. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/15/04 at 7:10 pm

Michael Jackson has been made fun of in almost everything he's done lately SO he shouldn't talk. >:(

Howard

Written By: woops on 10/16/04 at 12:00 am

I think it'll be "Video of the Year" on nhe 2005's Video Music Awards...  :D

Some videos features  MJ parodies:

Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal" (just parodies Michael Jackson videos)
Neil Young "This Note's For You" (The Pepsi commercial parody clip)
"Weird Al" Yankovic "Fat" & "Eat It"
David Lee Roth "Just A Gigolo" (shows impersonator being interuppted by  Diamond Dave, the same with other artists)

Written By: Howard on 10/16/04 at 7:31 pm

I think it'll be "Video of the Year" on nhe 2005's Video Music Awards...  :D

Some videos features  MJ parodies:

Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal" (just parodies Michael Jackson videos)
Neil Young "This Note's For You" (The Pepsi commercial parody clip)
"Weird Al" Yankovic "Fat" & "Eat It"
David Lee Roth "Just A Gigolo" (shows impersonator being interuppted by  Diamond Dave, the same with other artists)

Or that Scary Movie 3 film where Charlie Sheen pulls off a bedsheet to reveal Michael Jackson in disguise. ;D

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/04 at 5:27 am

Actually, Tony20, you're closer to the truth than you may realize.  It's been suggested that MJ suffers from "Peter Pan Syndrome" and "Body Dysmorphic Disorder".  After doing my term paper on BDD, I have a strong feeling that he DOES suffer from it.

So, there really is a "Peter Pan Syndrome."  Never heard of it.  I've heard of Peter Pan Peanut Butter and the Peter Pan Bus company..."

Written By: JFK-2004 on 10/17/04 at 4:51 pm

OK, while Michael Jackson certainly appears to have participated in some highly unholy activities with children, I really don't think a person with the moral stature of Eminem can righteously launch a character attack on anyone else.  Besides, MJ hasn't yet been found guilty (to my knowledge) of any of the molestation allegations.  Innocent until proven guilty, America.  So the man is "freaky-looking" and acts strange, but this definitely doesn't mean that everyone automatically has the right to make fun of him, and it does not make him any more guilty than any person selected at random off the streets. 

Curse me for saying this, but at least MJ produced some decent music (especially back in the eighties).  What has E put out?  A load of profanity-filled poison.  That's just my humble opinion.

Written By: Pink Ranger on 10/17/04 at 4:58 pm

I think Michael Jackson has more things to worry about than Eminem mocking him in a video. He gets on my nerves.  I feel sorry for his children who are going to pay for all his wackiness.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 5:08 pm

OK, while Michael Jackson certainly appears to have participated in some highly unholy activities with children, I really don't think a person with the moral stature of Eminem can righteously launch a character attack on anyone else.  Besides, MJ hasn't yet been found guilty (to my knowledge) of any of the molestation allegations.  Innocent until proven guilty, America.  So the man is "freaky-looking" and acts strange, but this definitely doesn't mean that everyone automatically has the right to make fun of him, and it does not make him any more guilty than any person selected at random off the streets. 

Curse me for saying this, but at least MJ produced some decent music (especially back in the eighties).  What has E put out?  A load of profanity-filled poison.  That's just my humble opinion.
I understand what you're saying but....Eminem, like him or not, has custody of his child and is a very loving parent...I don't like his music much but he is not a bad guy...IMHO. As for Jackson, he endangered a baby with the dangling incident, betrayed his "Friendship" with Paul McCartney, KNEW how much ALL the Beatles never wanted thier songs to be used in commercials but after taking thier catalog, he has made a ton of money off of thier music and finally, he has been accused and NOT convicted but hey, neither was OJ >:(

Written By: Howard on 10/17/04 at 8:45 pm

I actually saw the whole Eminem video "Just Lose It" it's pretty funny in the beginning but the middle part gets on my nerves where Eminem acts like Michael when his nose falls off & his hair catches on fire.That,I didn't find funny but in very poor taste. >:(

Howard

Written By: woops on 10/23/04 at 1:19 pm

It's on VH1. (Ranked on the top 10 this week)  :D

I wonder what might happen if fans were to write in a lot of votes of the "Just Lose It" video on "106th & Park", BET's video request show?

Written By: Howard on 10/23/04 at 5:33 pm

Why does Eminem feel the need to poke fun at MJ? What did he ever do to him? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/23/04 at 5:34 pm

It's on VH1. (Ranked on the top 10 this week)  :D

I wonder what might happen if fans were to write in a lot of votes of the "Just Lose It" video on "106th & Park", BET's video request show?

How about "Just Forget About It" ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...