inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 27 years ago tomorrow...

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/19/04 at 4:43 pm

October 20, 1977.
A tragic day in the history of what I feel is the best southern rock band ever. Lynyrd Skynyrd.

continue to RIP:

Ronnie Van Zant
Steve Gaines
Cassie Gaines
& Dean Kilpatrick

Subject: Re: 27 years ago tomorrow...

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/19/04 at 7:50 pm

they were a great band.

Written By: Fred on 10/19/04 at 10:43 pm

Yes, the REAL band.  :(

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/19/04 at 11:08 pm

Thanks for posting the real band!

Tanya

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/04 at 11:25 pm

Watch out for the @sshole guest who caught my spelling error but had no balls to reply to my poll. Anyway....God Bless the REAL band :\'(

RnRF,

I have an old friend in Colorado Springs who is a MAJOR FAN of Skynyrd, even the geriatric version.  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/20/04 at 4:34 am

RnRF,

I have an old friend in Colorado Springs who is a MAJOR FAN of Skynyrd, even the geriatric version.  :P
http://www.skynyrd.com/images/group.jpgIf you have ever seen the VH1 special on them.....well I did and I cried. Artimus Pyle was telling how he held Cassie who's throat was slit but he remembers her softly saying "I don't want to die"  :\'(

Written By: Naschkater on 10/20/04 at 5:42 am

They did two of the most memorable rock song ever: "Free Bird" and "Sweet Home Alabama."

And of course other good songs, too. They were indeed a great band.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/04 at 6:54 am

http://www.skynyrd.com/images/group.jpgIf you have ever seen the VH1 special on them.....well I did and I cried. Artimus Pyle was telling how he held Cassie who's throat was slit but he remembers her softly saying "I don't want to die"  :\'(

Yeah, I saw that VH1 special.  It was pretty cool.  I remember when those guys broke out in '73 or '74.  They rocked.  I also remember the day of their plane crash.  I was walking in the dark, it was raining, when I heard over the radio.  That blew.

Seems like Artimus had a falling out with the rest of the band and has not been with them for the past few years.

As for Johnny Van Zant, I see him as a bogus pretender.  It would be one thing to do some sort of "tribute concert", but to actually tour for 17 tears as Skynyrd is a cheap desecration.  And I am not even a Skynyrd "fanatic" or "purist".

I mean, what if the Beatles did a tour with a fake George and a fake John?

Written By: Dennis Huskins on 10/20/04 at 2:08 pm

Watch out for the @sshole guest who caught my spelling error but had no balls to reply to my poll. Anyway....God Bless the REAL band :\'(
R &R, What poll- I'll respond......

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/20/04 at 4:29 pm

What a nice thing to say about someone...::)

Absolutely Vile
Maybe so but you didn't have his stupidity directed at you ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/20/04 at 4:32 pm

R &R, What poll- I'll respond......
It's almost at the bottom of page 3

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/20/04 at 5:05 pm

RnRF,

I deleted my original message...I should've saved that message to "Mr. X" for a pm :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:54 pm

Free Bird
Sweet Home Alabama

both were my favorites. :)

Howard

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/21/04 at 9:58 am

the song 'simple man' brings me to tears. my favourite skynyrd song next to 'tuesday's gone'.

Check for new replies or respond here...