inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chicago Bears Members Receive Flu Shots

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/22/04 at 10:58 am

I thought there was a vaccine shortage.  >:(
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7818320

Subject: Re: Chicago Bears Members Receive Flu Shots

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/04 at 3:12 pm

That's just not right.  Then the justification that they go to different climates, buck up baby boy,
you play with broken bones. 

Written By: Jessica on 10/22/04 at 3:37 pm

Oh yeah, like they really needed them. ::)

I feel guilty about receiving one myself (I got mine the day before they announced that there was going to be a shortage), even though I qualify for it. I just keep thinking, man, my shot could've been given to my grandmother or a little kid or something. The fact that these big, seemingly tough football players got them just irks the hell out of me. Wimps. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/04 at 3:48 pm

Oh yeah, like they really needed them. ::)

I feel guilty about receiving one myself (I got mine the day before they announced that there was going to be a shortage), even though I qualify for it. I just keep thinking, man, my shot could've been given to my grandmother or a little kid or something. The fact that these big, seemingly tough football players got them just irks the hell out of me. Wimps. :P

If members of the Bears get the flu, the team will have a bad season, and if the team has a bad season, it will be bad for the Chicago economy, which in turn will cause more stress among the citizens of Chicago, and stress makes one more vulnerable to the flu, so the Bears getting vaccinated protects everybody in Chicago.  So there.

Written By: Jessica on 10/22/04 at 3:49 pm

If members of the Bears get the flu, the team will have a bad season, and if the team has a bad season, it will be bad for the Chicago economy, which in turn will cause more stress among the citizens of Chicago, and stress makes one more vulnerable to the flu, so the Bears getting vaccinated protects everybody in Chicago.  So there.

Got it. ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/22/04 at 3:56 pm

But what if the Bears have a bad season anyway?!! ;)

Written By: gemini61 on 10/22/04 at 4:22 pm

My parents had to wait in line for theirs. Thank goodness they even got one. I gave mine up this year to make sure someone deserving got one, then they pull this crap  >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/23/04 at 8:10 am

But what if the Bears have a bad season anyway?!! ;)

Then maybe they should get an injection of the bubonic plague to make up for it :D

Check for new replies or respond here...