inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Playoff Formats...Old Or New

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/27/04 at 2:40 pm

I like the old sytem much more than the new one...I think it made things more even  ???
2 @ Home
2 Away
1 Home
1 Away
1 Home

much more than the

2 @ Home
3  Away
2 Home

Subject: Re: Playoff Formats...Old Or New

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/28/04 at 12:40 am

I respectfully disagree with you, Mark. Why give the Series an extra day of travel? Since I'm not that big a baseball fan, I'm glad the World Series ended as quickly as it did, although I feel a little empathy for Cardinal fans since my Colts were about 10points away from the Super Bowl.

I like the old sytem much more than the new one...I think it made things more even  ???
2 @ Home
2 Away
1 Home
1 Away
1 Home

much more than the

2 @ Home
3  Away
2 Home

Written By: ProgShred on 10/28/04 at 4:23 am

I dont ever remember baseball having that kind of playoff format and I've been a fan since the 70's. The NBA used to use that format. I still like 2-3-2. I hate waiting an extra day for travel.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/28/04 at 5:56 am

Has my memory shredded? I thought that the playoffs used to be three out of five, then
the series with four out of seven.  I was talking to a guy about the fiascos that seem to
accompany these games, they were never this bad, then we remembered that the games
were played during the day(back in our day), thereby cutting down on the number of
people other than attendees who were roaming around.

Check for new replies or respond here...