inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone

Written By: Jessica on 10/27/04 at 9:59 pm

Watching the lunar eclipse? I don't have a great view of it because it's cloudy over here, so I'm slightly annoyed. :P

Subject: Re: Anyone

Written By: Davester on 10/27/04 at 10:02 pm

Watching the lunar eclipse? I don't have a great view of it because it's cloudy over here, so I'm slightly annoyed. :P

Yup, just came in from having a smoke.  Crystal clear up here in wine country and a great view of the eclipse...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/27/04 at 10:12 pm

I'd send you a picture but my digital camera is not that great! Don't feel too bad....it just clouded up over it :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 10/27/04 at 10:16 pm

I'd send you a picture but my digital camera is not that great! Don't feel too bad....it just clouded up over it :-\\

It's cool. By some miracle, the clouds moved out of the way, so if I get any good pictures of it, I'll show them. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/27/04 at 10:19 pm

It's cool. By some miracle, the clouds moved out of the way, so if I get any good pictures of it, I'll show them. :)
Cool!

Written By: Davester on 10/27/04 at 10:27 pm

Not really a spectacular show, the moon just looks sort of brownish...

To those who practice Wicca, is not this phenomonon (combined with others) referred to as Harmonic Concordance?

Reason for edit: Because

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/27/04 at 11:07 pm

To those who practice Wicca, is not this phenomonon (combined with others) referred to as Harmonic Concordance?

I remember one in the early Summer of '82 and think it was called a "Witches" moon...I got home at around midnight from work and was kinda creeped out as I'd heard scary stories about it all night. I got on my roof to view it and as I got back down off the ladder something hairy and wet brushed against my leg....it was the neighbors dog! I remember giving him a slice of cheese before going to sleep. BTW, THAT lunar eclipse was awesome :)

Written By: fragswife on 10/27/04 at 11:33 pm

I was a little disappointed in this one also.  Wish I had somewhere to set up the telescope - that would have made a difference I'm sure.

:-) fw

Written By: danootaandme on 10/28/04 at 5:46 am

I think harmonic concordance is an alignment of the planets

Written By: Dagwood on 10/28/04 at 8:20 am

Totally missed it.  We are in the middle of a huge storm so there was too much cloud cover.  I wanted to watch, too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/04 at 2:27 pm

We did get to see it. We went outside every now and again (in between innings  ;)) to view it. Once the Moon was completely in the shadow, it was really cool. It looked red. Yes, it was the "blood moon" but not because of the eclipse. The moon of October is ALWAYS called the "blood moon" (along with many other names) it is just that this time, it looked it. The next one btw, is in March 2007.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/28/04 at 2:48 pm

I tried to watch it but it seemed like something was gradually blocking the moon.  So I missed it.

Written By: Jessica on 10/28/04 at 4:13 pm

I liked it when it started to leave the earth's shadow. It was so pretty. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/28/04 at 8:49 pm

I saw a reddish hue.It was just gorgeous.such a clear night for the lunar eclipse. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...