inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: pumpkin carving anyone?

Written By: joedeertae on 10/29/04 at 1:09 pm

Going to get our pumpkins for tomorrow's pumpkin carving party.
Cat

Speaking of pumpkin carving Cat......
Is anybody else carving pumpkins for halloween? My kiddos and I are doing ours tonight.
How about some pics of your handywork. If ours turn out to be presentable I will post mine tonight or in the morning.

Happy Halloween All !!!!!!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:qo0HXyEtaT0J:links.ee.htlw16.ac.at/pic/pingubig-halloween.gif

Subject: Re: pumpkin carving anyone?

Written By: Jessica on 10/29/04 at 1:28 pm

We haven't gotten pumpkins yet. I don't know if we will. I usually let my sister carve them. Somehow she manages to carve Marilyn Monroe's image on them. :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/29/04 at 1:54 pm

I saw at the grocery store they now sell artificial pumpkins that you can carve.

I wonder why?  Were people having problems carving real pumpins?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/04 at 2:14 pm

I have a pic from last year but can't find it. The people who throw the party that we go to, have kits for carving. The first year we were invited to it, I was expecting just to carve my usual jack-o-lantern but then I saw the kits. I was surprised at the quality of them-they look like a pro did them. I will post the pic when I can find it or it just may have to wait until after tomorrow's party to post the pic of the one from this year-that is if I can find a pumpkin to carve.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: joedeertae on 10/29/04 at 2:40 pm

Somehow she manages to carve Marilyn Monroe's image on them. :o

Cool! 8) I'd like to see one of those.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/29/04 at 2:45 pm

I saw at the grocery store they now sell artificial pumpkins that you can carve.

I wonder why?  Were people having problems carving real pumpins?  ???

Artificial pumpkin!?! ??? What's that all about? What were they made of that could possably be that much easier than carving thru a pumpkin. :D

Written By: joedeertae on 10/29/04 at 3:00 pm

I have a pic from last year but can't find it. The people who throw the party that we go to, have kits for carving. The first year we were invited to it, I was expecting just to carve my usual jack-o-lantern but then I saw the kits. I was surprised at the quality of them-they look like a pro did them. I will post the pic when I can find it or it just may have to wait until after tomorrow's party to post the pic of the one from this year-that is if I can find a pumpkin to carve.  :-\\
Cat

We bought kits this year. They look pretty cool. They came with patterns and carving tools and a "scooping" tool to dig the guts out.
Also found a kit for my 5 y/o that has pegs like the old light bright game/toy. You just scoop out the guts and put the light in it and the pegs stick through to the inside of the pumpkin and they light up! He will get a kick out of it and it should look pretty cool too. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/29/04 at 3:43 pm

Artificial pumpkin!?! ??? What's that all about? What were they made of that could possably be that much easier than carving thru a pumpkin. :D

My thoughts exactly....  :P

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/04 at 4:14 pm

I always end up making my pumpkin into a pie, wonder how it would taste with one of these :P

Check for new replies or respond here...