inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: List Of Movies Out In 2005

Written By: Xonnie316 on 10/30/04 at 2:11 pm

Here is the list of movies that will be out in 2005, if ya don't believe me go check at imdb.com

2005:

Rush Hour 3
The Dukes Of Hazzard (Stiffler, Johnny Knoxville & Jessica Simpson)
Mad Max: Fury Road (Mad Max 4)
King Kong
Knight Rider
Carlito's Way : The Beginning (Prequel without Al Pacino)
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Halloween 9
Harry Potter & Goblet Of Fire
Iron Man
Jurassic Park 4
Johnny Bravo ( The Rock As Johnny Bravo Whyyyy Samoan With Blone Hair, Huge Rock Fan :cry )
King Conan : Crown Of Iron (Conan 3)
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith
The Last Horror Picture Show
Legend Of Zorro (Antonio Banderas & Catherine Zeta Jones)
The Might Ducks 4 (Cool or what !)
Miss Congeniality: Armed and Fabulous
Mortal Kombat: Devastation (Mortal Combat 3)
The Muppets Wizard Of Oz
Outward Blonde (Hillary Duff)
The Pink Panther (Starring Steve Martin)
Pinocchio 3000 (Animation)
Porky's (80s Remake !!)
Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward (TV Movie 80s Reunion)
Happy Days: 30th Anniversary Reunion (TV Movie)
Red Dwarf: The Movie
The Ring 2
Robots (Animation)
Scary Movie 4
Sebastian Knight (Sean Williams Scott)
The Six Million Dollar Man (Starring Jim Carrey)
The Son Of Mask (Without Jim Carrey why make a sequel)
Spy Hunter (Starring The Rock)
The Transporter 2
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny (Jack Black & Kyle)
Under Siege 3 (Steven Segal)
The Wedding Crashers (Starring Owen Wilson & Chris Vaughn)
The Weather Man (Starring Nicolas Cage & Michael Caine)
XXX: State Of The Union (Ice Cube)
Underworld Sequel (Title Not Confirmed Yet)
Spaceballs 2 (Title Not Confirmed Yet)

Subject: Re: List Of Movies Out In 2005

Written By: Dagwood on 10/30/04 at 5:46 pm

Jurassic Park 4?  Wasn't Jurassic Park 3 bad enough for them? ::)

I would love to see Spaceballs 2, but only if made by Mel Brooks.  That man is a genius.

Written By: Howard on 10/30/04 at 5:51 pm

Would anyone know if Monsters Inc.2 would be coming out by next year? ???

Howard

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/30/04 at 7:26 pm

Any ORIGINAL movies being released in the next 3 years?! ::)

Written By: Xonnie316 on 10/31/04 at 5:27 pm

I would love to see Spaceballs 2, but only if made by Mel Brooks. That man is a genius.

In fact yes its gonna be made by Mel Brooks, he is the one who said is gonna make a return to the Spaceballs movie,

And as for Monsters Inc. 2 I haven't heard they are gonna make a sequel.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/04 at 9:26 pm

What about a Revenge Of The Nerds Part 4?

Howard

Written By: Michelle on 11/01/04 at 9:18 pm

I abso-frickin'-lutely can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it's going to be directed by Tim Burton and Johnny Depp is going to be Willy Wonka.
It sounds so delicious.  ;D The other version from the eighties was sort of... bleh.

Written By: Junior on 11/02/04 at 1:11 pm

Rush Hour 3
King Kong
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
The Last Horror Picture Show
The Might Ducks 4 (Cool or what !)
The Pink Panther (Starring Steve Martin)
The Six Million Dollar Man (Starring Jim Carrey)
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny (Jack Black & Kyle)
Spaceballs 2 (Title Not Confirmed Yet)

Looking forward to all of these. Woo!

Written By: Elvis on 11/02/04 at 3:59 pm

I'm a screenwriter and the studios or agents will NOT recieve any "outside" scripts -So, NO new original material can get "inside" Hollyweird's invisible wall. I've gotten close twice to selling a script and it's frustrating as long as the public keeps buying tickets to the re-makes- us new screenwriters will remain locked out.

Written By: Davester on 11/02/04 at 4:03 pm

I doubt Fury Road will be released in 2005.  By all accounts production in north Africa was scrapped due to the invasion of Iraq and never restarted.  Most of the rumors concerning the production I'm reading are old ones from 2003...

Written By: Davester on 11/02/04 at 4:16 pm

I'm a screenwriter and the studios or agents will NOT recieve any "outside" scripts -So, NO new original material can get "inside" Hollyweird's invisible wall. I've gotten close twice to selling a script and it's frustrating as long as the public keeps buying tickets to the re-makes- us new screenwriters will remain locked out.

How interesting...

By "outside" do you mean that you are not a member of the Screenwriter's Guild?

Written By: Elvis on 11/02/04 at 4:41 pm

Hey Davester, Not yet. You almost have to sale a script to be elgible. It's a catch 22 and they control the system. Unless a legitimate agent, studio or producer will read and make your script into a film or unless you win a major screenwriter's contest (which I have been a finalist in) or you "know" someone in the biz you cannot break into the business. Like as an actor I've appeared in Remember the Titans and I had a scene in a CBS TV movie with Sidney Poitier and I can't get into the Actor's guild because my speaking roles don't exist on film -they were cut out in editing. I'm not complaining or am i giving up, God will eventually tear down the walls. Thanks for asking.

Written By: Kyle on 11/15/04 at 9:04 pm

How about Toy Story 3.  Or that will probably come out anywhere between 2006-2017

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/15/04 at 9:13 pm

Define original...  ::)

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 11/15/04 at 10:09 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah right. ;D

Seriously, they are supposed to finish "Memoirs of a Geisha" so it'll be released next year. Even though it's based on a novel, we can be thankful it's not a sequel or remake.

Now let's hope they don't f*ck it up. The book was awesome and I'm hoping against hope that they do it justice.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/16/04 at 9:13 am

The only 2005 movie I want to see is Mike Judge's 3001 because Thomas Haden Church makes a cameo appearance as a CEO.
I have no interest in seeing anything starring Hollywood heartthrobs Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Orlando Bloom or Hugh Jackman because I'm sick of them all and I find none of them appealing. 

Written By: fsdfsd on 11/17/04 at 5:36 pm

What about a Revenge Of The Nerds Part 4?

Howard

Actually there already was one. It was called "Revenge Of The Nerds IV: Nerds In Love". It was a made for tv movie.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/04 at 12:19 pm

entries found for original.
o·rig·i·nal    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (-rj-nl)
adj.
Preceding all others in time; first.

Not derived from something else; fresh and unusual: an original play, not an adaptation.
Showing a marked departure from previous practice; new: a truly original approach. See Synonyms at new.
Productive of new things or new ideas; inventive: an original mind.
Being the source from which a copy, reproduction, or translation is made.

n.
A first form from which other forms are made or developed: Later models of the car retained many features of the original.

An authentic work of art: bought an original, not a print.
Work that has been composed firsthand: kept the original but sent a photocopy to his publisher.
A person who is appealingly odd or curious; a character.
Archaic. The source from which something arises; an originator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: orig·i·nal
Function: noun
1 : that from which a copy or reproduction is made <both parties signed the original> —compare DUPLICATE
2 : a work composed firsthand as the product of an author's creativity
NOTE: A work must be an original in order to obtain a copyright. —original adjective

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

original

\O*rig"i*nal\, n. 1. Origin; commencement; source.

It hath it original from much grief. --Shak.

And spangled heavens, a shining frame, Their great Original proclaim. --Addison.

2. That which precedes all others of its class; archetype; first copy; hence, an original work of art, manuscript, text, and the like, as distinguished from a copy, translation, etc.

The Scriptures may be now read in their own original. --Milton.

3. An original thinker or writer; an originator.

Men who are bad at copying, yet are good originals. --C. G. Leland.

4. A person of marked eccentricity.

5. (Zol. & Bot.) The natural or wild species from which a domesticated or cultivated variety has been derived; as, the wolf is thought by some to be the original of the dog, the blackthorn the original of the plum.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

original

\O*rig"i*nal\, a. 1. Pertaining to the origin or beginning; preceding all others; first in order; primitive; primary; pristine; as, the original state of man; the original laws of a country; the original inventor of a process.

His form had yet not lost All her original brightness. --Milton.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

original

adj 1: preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed; "the original inhabitants of the Americas"; "the book still has its original binding"; "restored the house to its original condition"; "the original performance of the opera"; "the original cast"; "retracted his original statement" 2: (of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary; "his work is based on only original, not secondary, sources" 3: being or productive of something fresh and unusual; or being as first made or thought of; "a truly original approach"; "with original music"; "an original mind" 4: not derived or copied or translated from something else; "the play is original; not an adaptation"; "he kept the original copy and gave her only a xerox"; "the translation misses much of the subtlety of the original French" n 1: an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made 2: an original model on which something is patterned

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

original

ORIGINAL: in Acronym Finder

Source: Acronym Finder, © 1988-2004 Mountain Data Systems

original

original: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

I hope that helps you, Jamie. ;)

Define original...  ::)

Written By: poopcan on 11/20/04 at 12:13 am

Doom The Movie is also coming out next year.

Written By: Michelle on 11/20/04 at 10:03 am

I have no interest in seeing anything starring Hollywood heartthrobs Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Orlando Bloom or Hugh Jackman because I'm sick of them all and I find none of them appealing. 

Ya, they're pretty overrated and basically none of them are appealing before six hours of makeup, but I think Johnny Depp's good because he can really act, and in all these different roles that you don't think ANYONE could pull off. Yeah, he's hot, but he's playing Willy Wonka! How cosmic is that?

Check for new replies or respond here...