inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Star Wars Three Trailer.

Written By: Gis on 11/05/04 at 11:00 am

Has anyone else seen it yet ? I understand the Star Wars Website crashed continuously all day yesterday due to people trying to view it.
I liked the way they cut Alec Guiness into it but it did come across abit like an idiots guide to Star Wars in a  'Look,look here's Darth Vader,that's right he's the baddy in this' kind of a way. Only six months to wait then....................

Subject: Re: Star Wars Three Trailer.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/06/04 at 1:39 am

I saw a snippet of the clip on the news last night.  To be honest I died of shock at how utterly bad Ep 1 was - so much so that I couldnt stomach seeing Ep2 - so I still havent seen it.

Instead I am immersing myself in my DVD boxed set of the "real" Star Wars movies (despite not liking some changes) and trying to forget that Mr Lucas decided to make the others !!

Written By: Gis on 11/06/04 at 3:55 am

I know what you mean about episode one !?! though I did enjoy episode two which was a sort of action love story I guess.It was worth it to see Yoda fighting if nothing else though.It's obvious three is going to be a very dark movie it can't be anything but really.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/06/04 at 11:29 pm

OK maybe I will take the time to watch 2 and 3 then - but could we please talk George into remaking Ep1 - god it was horrendous - that stupid illiterate walking donkey thing drove me out of the theatre screaming.  Doesnt he "get" that the characters we love most rarely spoke - or just beeped or growled ?

Would we have loved Chewie as much if he spoke ?

Check for new replies or respond here...