inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Sister's Last Dog Put To Sleep

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/07/04 at 2:11 am

Well, my sister finally got the courage to put down her last German Shepherd dog. He was 13 when he died which is pretty old for a bigger dog. Mas, as my sister called him, was struggling with both arthritis in his hind legs and bad kidneys which caused him such pain and diarrhea. In the end, she felt it was the best thing to do. The sad part is that even though it was her dog, he was the one that was closest to my dad and me. We'll all miss him.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Subject: Re: My Sister's Last Dog Put To Sleep

Written By: jaytee on 11/07/04 at 6:33 am

That's very sad to hear Indy.  Hugs and a  :-* 

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/04 at 8:17 am

Been there.  It's been about 10 years, don't think I could go through that again :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/07/04 at 8:36 am

My heart goes out to you and yours Indy :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/04 at 12:33 pm

I am so sorry, Indy. I know what that is like. Been there, done that. It really hurts, I know. Just know that Mas is no longer in pain.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 11/07/04 at 2:54 pm

Sorry to hear your bad news, Indy.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/07/04 at 3:45 pm

I had to have 2 Border Collies put to sleep.

Thing about dogs (especially the bigger cleverer ones) is that they arent just great friends, but such loyal companions, and they are so innocent, it is horrible when they suffer and often is by far the best thing for them to be put to sleep, dosent hurt them and it stops there pain.

One of mine had cancer, we did everything possible includeing doggy surgery, but eventually she just couldnt eat or anything and it was inevitable.. the other, was awful as well.. she was fine the day before, she seemed a bit off that night, in the morning she couldnt walk. It was awful, she had a infection in her central nervous system and that it was it, goodnight Vienna.. poor old girl.

But at the end of the day, it's far better then having a long drawn out few weeks or months in which pain is a part of there lives.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/07/04 at 4:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Indy.  It is hard to put a pet to sleep.  They are family. 

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/07/04 at 7:29 pm

I don't think that Mas, or any of the other dogs she had, would have survived surgery at their age. I know my cat wouldn't have made it with an operation. He was just too old.
We did everything possible includeing doggy surgery.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 11/07/04 at 7:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/04 at 5:03 pm

Oh, that's so sad.
:\'( :\'( :\'(

I love dogs.  German Shephards are particularly loyal and affectionate.  If you have one for 13 years, it's like losing your best buddy.

The rule of thumb goes the bigger the dog, the shorter the lifespan.  Thirteen is a ripe age for a Shephard, but even though you know they don't have long lives, it doesn't make it any easier.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/20/05 at 11:45 pm

My Sister's Last Dog Put To Sleep

Very sorry to hear that.  It's always sad to lose a favorite dog.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/21/05 at 12:11 am

I'm sorry, Jonathan. My dog Radar is 14 and his hips are bad when he walks the basement steps but when I take him for a run he loves it :-\\ My sincerest condolences :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/21/05 at 12:26 am

Thanks, Mark, but that was a few months ago. My sister has gotten another German Shepherd, Bishop, who is still alive and kicking, along with 2 cats.
I'm sorry, Jonathan. My dog Radar is 14 and his hips are bad when he walks the basement steps but when I take him for a run he loves it :-\\ My sincerest condolences :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/21/05 at 12:28 am

Thanks, Mark, but that was a few months ago. My sister has gotten another German Shepherd, Bishop, who is still alive and kicking, along with 2 cats.
Well I'm happy to hear that :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/21/05 at 12:50 am

Nice to hear that.

My 9-year-old Rottweiler died a few months ago at the vet.  I took her there after she started vomiting and laying down without moving.  I took her in and he said he didn't know what the problem was and would scan her in the morning, but would give her some medicine to help her sleep through the night.  She never woke up.

I miss that old dog.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/21/05 at 1:03 am

I'm sorry to hear that GW. That's the same thing that happened to my cat before he was euthanitized, only he had diarrhea instead of vomiting. And I miss him too. But I believe he is at peace now. I hope your Rottweiler is at peace too.
Nice to hear that.

My 9-year-old Rottweiler died a few months ago at the vet.  I took her there after she started vomiting and laying down without moving.  I took her in and he said he didn't know what the problem was and would scan her in the morning, but would give her some medicine to help her sleep through the night.  She never woke up.

I miss that old dog.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/21/05 at 1:06 am

:\'( I'm sorry to hear that.

-FHF  :(

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/21/05 at 1:16 am

Thanks FHF. My cat is still in a better place. :\'(
:\'( I'm sorry to hear that.

-FHF  :(

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/21/05 at 1:19 am

What kind of kitty was it?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/21/05 at 1:29 am

I think she means your German Shephard.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/21/05 at 1:59 am

I don't have a German Shepherd. The one that my sister had died and she has since replaced it.
I think she means your German Shephard.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/21/05 at 2:01 am

I don't have a German Shepherd. The one that my sister had died and she has since replaced it.

Oh okay.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/21/05 at 2:04 am

Domestic-shorthair, brownish orange
What kind of kitty was it?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/21/05 at 12:25 pm

Sorry to hear the news.  :\'(

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/21/05 at 9:49 pm

I'm sorry to hear that GW. That's the same thing that happened to my cat before he was euthanitized....

Thanks.  And I'm sorry about your cat.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/22/05 at 7:29 pm

Oh okay I see.  You told us that in the thread "a new beginning."  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...