inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Current Kids' Show

Written By: woops on 11/09/04 at 3:01 am

Aside from the  "Boohbah" junk, what show(s) do you think is good for kids?

IMO, "Arthur" is the best kids' show now. (Though I used to read the books as a kid)  :)

"Maya & Miguel" is OK, but the annoying parrot has to go. :P Though I approve the show for having cultural diversity without being too preachy or "offensive" like the recent Disney Channel fiasco.

Subject: Re: Best Current Kids' Show

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/04 at 10:28 am

I don't think that this is on anymore but I thought the Puzzle Place was an excellent show.

Cat

Written By: onaree on 11/09/04 at 10:51 am

I'm a big fan of the old standby..."Sesame Street".  As far as newer shows go, I like Dora and Blue's Clues.  And, not really a "show" per se, but "Veggie Tales" are pretty good as well...they teach the kids values without being too preachy about it.

I agree!  I love Sesame Street and especially the Veggies!  I just watched Jonah this week!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/09/04 at 11:21 am

I like all the Nick Jr. shows like Lazytown (which focuses on exercise and keeping kids moving in some form), The Backyardigans, Dora the Explorer, Little Bill (which shows diversity big time in a good way), etc. The shows are geared toward those 7 and under. My son loves them and I feel very comfortable letting him watch these shows.

Tanya

Written By: Kyle on 11/10/04 at 8:23 pm

For little kids shows, I'll probably go for Blues Clues and Dora the Expolorer.  For older kids, Arthur, Jimmy Neutron, Spongebob will be the best bet.  :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 11/11/04 at 5:20 pm

My son is 2 1/2 half and loves these:

Dora the explorer
Little people
Bob the builder
Baby Einstein
Cailliou
Dragon Tales
Thomas the train

And he's just starting to have an intrest in Spongebob.
Basically I like all these shows and I am trying to keep him away from spiderman, yu-gi-oh, Recess, etc.....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 12:58 pm

Vaughn watches Arthur (and I watch it too...it's one of my favorites). He used to watch things like: The Wiggles, Barney, Sesame Street, etc....but he's into older cartoons now. He loves Spongebob Squarepants, Scooby-Doo, Fairy Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron....stuff like that.

Written By: whistledog on 09/29/06 at 1:02 pm

Sometimes when I'm channel surfing, and I see that cartoom "Franklin the Tutle", I sometimes watch it, even though i'm like way too old to be watching it ;D

It's a Canadian cartoon, which I believe is seen in the USA, but I am not sure

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 1:03 pm

Sometimes when I'm channel surfing, and I see that cartoom "Franklin the Tutle", I sometimes watch it, even though i'm like way too old to be watching it ;D

It's a Canadian cartoon, which I believe is seen in the USA, but I am not sure

dude...I LOVE Franklin!  Have you ever seen Oswald? He's an octopus....gosh that's like one of the cutest cartoons...ever!

Written By: whistledog on 09/29/06 at 1:18 pm

dude...I LOVE Franklin!  Have you ever seen Oswald? He's an octopus....gosh that's like one of the cutest cartoons...ever!

I have seen Oswald a few times.  It's a cute show

Fred Savage is apparently the voice of Oswald.  Now I know why his voice sounded familiar.  lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 1:23 pm

I have seen Oswald a few times.  It's a cute show

Fred Savage is apparently the voice of Oswald.  Now I know why his voice sounded familiar.  lol

yes...it definitely is. I like when he sings...it's so cute. Vaughn has a couple Oswald books...the characters are like the cutest things I have ever seen...makes ya wanna give em a hug. :D

Written By: woops on 09/29/06 at 1:39 pm

"The Suite Life of Zack & Cody",  I've read that some parents and young adults (like myself) enjoy it on other boards.

Before there's bashing, many of the sitcoms we grew up on were also corny (ie "Saved by the Bell", "Facts of Life", "Brady Bunch", etc) and weren't the greatest shows made.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/29/06 at 6:54 pm

I don't really watch Kids' shows.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:17 pm

"The Suite Life of Zack & Cody",  I've read that some parents and young adults (like myself) enjoy it on other boards.

Before there's bashing, many of the sitcoms we grew up on were also corny (ie "Saved by the Bell", "Facts of Life", "Brady Bunch", etc) and weren't the greatest shows made.

it's all good...I have been known to watch Raven on Disney....and sometimes Vaughn and I watch that Josh & Drake show. :D ;)

Written By: joedeertae on 10/04/06 at 1:48 pm

One of mine and  baby girls favorites is Kipper, we watch it almost every evening after I get home and before bed time.
We also like to watch Pingu and Dragon Tales and Sagwa. She really likes Angelina Ballerina but I'm not much into that one.
Oh and Noddy is a good one too.

Check for new replies or respond here...