inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A New Beginning

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/09/04 at 9:59 pm

Good news, my sister adopted another German Shepherd after the last one (Mas) was euthanitized. The new dog's name is Bishop, and she loves him to death. She received him from a friend who works on animal recues. She saved Bishop from a heel who abused him when he didn't pan out as an attack dog. He's in better hands, I believe. ;)

Subject: Re: A New Beginning

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/09/04 at 10:49 pm

Good news, my sister adopted another German Shepherd after the last one (Mas) was euthanitized. The new dog's name is Bishop, and she loves him to death. She received him from a friend who works on animal recues. She saved Bishop from a heel who abused him when he didn't pan out as an attack dog. He's in better hands, I believe. ;)
That's great news, Indy! How  old is Bishop ???

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/09/04 at 11:22 pm

The woman said he was 13 months. He seems to be afraid of men since he was an abused animal. He's barked at me a few times, and he is reluctant to walk over to me or my father. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it with time.

That's great news, Indy! How  old is Bishop ???

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/09/04 at 11:47 pm

Bishop is a sweet name  :)

Written By: joedeertae on 11/10/04 at 6:08 am

That's cool Indy. Geman Sheppards are cool dogs. I had one when I was a kid, his name was Bozo. I'm sure once he gets used you guys and learns that he is in a good, loving home he will be just fine. Good luck to your sister. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/04 at 9:22 am

Good news, Indy. I always feel that there is nothing like adopting a new pet to help fill the void in your life that is left when losing one. And the new pet also benefits. It is a win-win situation.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 11/10/04 at 7:07 pm

That's great news, Indy.

My sister had a dog (boxer) that was rescued from an abusive owner.  She was the same around men for a while.  It took my brother-in-law treating her right to turn her around.  I am sure it will be the same for your sister's dog.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:28 pm

The woman said he was 13 months. He seems to be afraid of men since he was an abused animal. He's barked at me a few times, and he is reluctant to walk over to me or my father. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it with time.

My freinds dog was abused by her son. He hated men for a time but with time and caring I earned his trust. Now he hangs around me all the time :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/10/04 at 8:52 pm

It's still a little rough going with Bish reluctant to have anything to do with me other than an occasional stroking under his chin. He gets along with Dad okay. And he's starting to get use to Kiwi (or Key), my sister's new cat. Maybe it's the beard, in that the previous owner, the idiot who abused him, had a beard and is of Latino persuasion. Another thing, he starts to squirt urine every time he's is scared.  :P
That's great news, Indy.

My sister had a dog (boxer) that was rescued from an abusive owner.  She was the same around men for a while.  It took my brother-in-law treating her right to turn her around.  I am sure it will be the same for your sister's dog.

Check for new replies or respond here...