inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One question IQ test

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/11/04 at 8:02 am

One question IQ Test...
There is a mute who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.
Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself?

Think about it first before scrolling down for the answer...

Okay...scroll down

He opens his mouth and says. "I would like to buy a pair of sunglasses."

If you got this wrong..please go dig a hole, get in it and call it a day.

Subject: Re: One question IQ test

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/04 at 1:22 pm

One question IQ Test...
There is a mute who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.
Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself?

Think about it first before scrolling down for the answer...

Okay...scroll down

He opens his mouth and says. "I would like to buy a pair of sunglasses."

If you got this wrong..please go dig a hole, get in it and call it a day.

That reminds me of the old joke about the deaf-mute who is trying to ask the pharmacist for condoms.  There's pantomime involved, but I can't repeat it here!
It involves a quarter, and the punchline has the druggist saying, "Well, you made the bet, so don't complain!"

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/11/04 at 5:59 pm

**Digs a hole and calls it a day**

Written By: Fred on 11/11/04 at 10:58 pm

**Digs a hole and calls it a day**

Same here.

Written By: Davester on 11/12/04 at 4:54 am

Same here.

Same here...

Written By: bj26 on 11/12/04 at 2:27 pm

This is a funny thread all the way around, doesn't anyone else think so?  What I thought was funny was when you scroll down the page, you see GW Bush and then some other Republican dude, then a big picture of Hillary.  I passed the IQ test, and the comments were funny, aw heck maybe you just have to be there  :D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/12/04 at 4:30 pm

What I thought was funny was when you scroll down the page, you see GW Bush and then some other Republican dude, then a big picture of Hillary

That republican ''dude'' would be the republican governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney.  My choice (he will likely run) for the republican nomination and the white house in and after 2008.  I live in Georgia, not Massachusetts in case your wondering.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/12/04 at 8:47 pm

That republican ''dude'' would be the republican governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney.  My choice (he will likely run) for the republican nomination and the white house in and after 2008.  I live in Georgia, not Massachusetts in case your wondering.

Romney is not liberal, and he's not entirely from Massachusetts.  He's a Mormon and spent much of his life in Utah.  He was in charge of the last winter Olympics.  He ran for senate here against Ted Kennedy in '94 and got creamed.  I thought that was the last we'd see of Mitt.  The problem with the 2002 gubernatorial race was Democrat support was split among a weak frontrunner, Treasurer Shannon O'Brien, and several other Democratic candidates, including Robert Reich, former Clinton labor secretary.  If Reich had thrown his hat in the ring earlier and built up a strong warchest, he would have creamed Romney in the general election.  What a terrible shame he got such a late start.
Well, the one consolation if Romney does become president is he can't be as bad as Dubya!

Check for new replies or respond here...