inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What the Hell happened to Politeness?

Written By: Icy on 11/13/04 at 3:00 pm

I just want to point out something ironic: On the Politics board, there are a few "less then polite" people. They are bitter, and call names constantly. Now, I just want to ask something. Apricot, Maya, and myself were almost banned when we shared an account. We were called, "namecallers", "attackers", and our actions "crap not needed on this site". Now, I'm not saying we weren't impolite, I just wanna know why action isn't being taken about these namecallers as quickly as it was when we were in hot water? Or is it? Are warnings issued to these people? Is action really taking place? Have warnings been issued, and will they be followed?

If you want, post your opinion on these people, what the site can do about it, anything, here. Thanks.

Icy

SI-MAE

Subject: Re: What the Hell happened to Politeness?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/04 at 7:53 pm

I just want to point out something ironic: On the Politics board, there are a few "less then polite" people. They are bitter, and call names constantly. Now, I just want to ask something. Apricot, Maya, and myself were almost banned when we shared an account. We were called, "namecallers", "attackers", and our actions "crap not needed on this site". Now, I'm not saying we weren't impolite, I just wanna know why action isn't being taken about these namecallers as quickly as it was when we were in hot water? Or is it? Are warnings issued to these people? Is action really taking place? Have warnings been issued, and will they be followed?

If you want, post your opinion on these people, what the site can do about it, anything, here. Thanks.

Icy

SI-MAE

Odd logic coming from the man with the "YOU SUCK" marquee. 

That said, I hope I'm not one of those impolite people.  "Politics and religion" were segregated because the membership voted on it.  Some folks didn't want to be confronted with all that hot air. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/14/04 at 1:15 am

Members have the choice to participate in that thread or not. Yes, it can get quite heated in there; however, when you are dealing with a hot-button issue thread, you can't expect all roses and tulips. Being a very frequent visitor to the thread, I haven't seen any name-calling. Do you have a specific incident?

Tanya

Written By: Bobby on 11/15/04 at 6:36 pm

Odd logic coming from the man with they "YOU SUCK" marquee. 

Ha ha!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/15/04 at 8:28 pm

you are gonna find some polite & not so polite people.You just have to find a board that you are comfortable being in. :)

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 11/16/04 at 3:32 pm

This is Icy at Apricot's place, don't feel like logging off and logging me on.

Maxwell: I can't help it, facts are facts  ;D. Just joking, the "YOU SUCK" sig is a joke.

If you want an example, look around the politics forum. Some messages, particularly those coming from around election time, are bitter. And a few people do nothing but bitter namecalling, no matter how professional their other arguments.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/16/04 at 6:33 pm

What are you talking about? I am bitter. I have a Darlene Connor complex.

Bitter People Rule

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/16/04 at 7:26 pm

What are you talking about? I am bitter. I have a Darlene Connor complex.

Funny! I still have a bit of that complex left in me!

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/04 at 2:11 am

This is Icy at Apricot's place, don't feel like logging off and logging me on.

Maxwell: I can't help it, facts are facts  ;D. Just joking, the "YOU SUCK" sig is a joke.

If you want an example, look around the politics forum. Some messages, particularly those coming from around election time, are bitter. And a few people do nothing but bitter namecalling, no matter how professional their other arguments.

I'm not bitter, I'm frickin' horrified.  It's like I woke up in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" or something.  They're everywhere!
:o :o :o

Check for new replies or respond here...