inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top Rock Song of All Time

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/20/04 at 12:59 pm

Rolling Stone just released a list of Top Rock songs of all time, and Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone (the irony being the song is the same title as the magazine).

Also on the list, The Rolling Stones' (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, John Lennon's Imagine, Marvin Gaye's What's Going On, Aretha Franklin's Respect, Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys, Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry, the Beatles' Hey Jude, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, Ray Charles's What'd I Say, Hey Ya by OutKast, and Boston's More Than a Feeling.

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamMusic/nov18_dylan-ap.html

Subject: Re: Top Rock Song of All Time

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 8:18 pm

More idiocy from an Idiotic Mag-Rag...they must be in cahoots with VH1 :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/04 at 10:47 pm

LOL!!!!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/21/04 at 10:48 pm

LOL!!!!  ;D
;)

Written By: woops on 11/21/04 at 10:56 pm

I actually like  Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" and agree with most of the list...  :-[  :-\\  :D

Atleast there's not any teen pop songs  8)

Written By: Stompgal on 11/22/04 at 7:37 am

I like softer rock music, so I like Coldplay's In My Place, Travis's Why Does It Always Rain On Me, No Doubt's Don't Speak and Keane's Everybody's Changing. I also like punky rock such as Blink 182's All The Small Things and Good Charlotte's Girls And Boys.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/04 at 9:53 am

That we can agree on!  I notice they're doing more and more top-this-and-that lists paying homage to rock icons.  Remember when rock music was iconoclastic?    It seems RS is all but admitting the best days of rock are long gone!

BTW, Bono's performance at the grand opening of the Clinton Library was nauseating.  Bono is a 'hoe.
:P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 10:04 am

That we can agree on!  I notice they're doing more and more top-this-and-that lists paying homage to rock icons.  Remember when rock music was iconoclastic?    It seems RS is all but admitting the best days of rock are long gone!

BTW, Bono's performance at the grand opening of the Clinton Library was nauseating.  Bono is a 'hoe.

LOL!  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/22/04 at 1:06 pm

Well said, Max! I have always liked U2 but feel lately like my favorite Bono moment was his guest appearance on The Simpsons a few years back :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 1:32 pm

Well said, Max! I have always liked U2 but feel lately like my favorite Bono moment was his guest appearance on The Simpsons a few years back :D

Alot of old rock stars are selling out like crazy especially Sting, Mick Jagger, Phil Collins, and KISS!

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 7:06 pm

Alot of old rock stars are selling out like crazy especially Sting, Mick Jagger, Phil Collins, and KISS!

Don't forget Rod Stewart.... ::)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/22/04 at 7:25 pm

I've never cared for Stink ever since he left his bandmates high and dryhttp://elouai.com/images/yahoo/28.gif

Written By: dale smith on 11/22/04 at 7:48 pm

Atleast there's not any teen pop songs  8)

to me hey ya was a teen pop song!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 9:37 pm

I've never cared for Stink ever since he left his bandmates high and dryhttp://elouai.com/images/yahoo/28.gif

Whatever happened to Sting and Phil Collins? Especially Sting, who anti-commerical when he was with The Police (Don't believe me? Check out Spirits In A Material World), then he and Phil Collins went and become Disneyfied.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...