inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guess what? I got help!

Written By: Apricot on 11/22/04 at 3:21 pm

I can't tell you how happy I am. I was recommended to the newly-founded Student Assistance Program at school for suicidal tendencies and self-mutilation.

I talked to 2 counselors. One thinks I have bipolar or depression. The other disagrees. Not sure, but they called my mom. As a result, we're working on communication, and she's gonna stop pressuring so much. I don't know about my dad, though. He's probably just gonna tell me I'm being lazy.

Anyway, I'm just happy that I finally got to talk to someone. Things may get better!  :)

Subject: Re: Guess what? I got help!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 3:42 pm

That's good news, congratulations!  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/04 at 5:06 pm

Glad to hear you got a start, Apricot.  :)

My guess is that it will take a bit of time for the counselors to help you figure things out.  And do not be surprised if not EVERYBODY is completely understanding.  That is human nature, I'm afraid.  ???

You did a good thing asking for help.  8)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/04 at 5:09 pm

Great, I was worrying, especially after that Philbo post.  You have too much going for you to let
this take over.  It takes a strong man, but I think you can do it.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 6:12 pm

That's great Apricot.I'm happy. :)

Howard

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/04 at 6:47 pm

There seem to be quite a few people on this board who deal with the issues you deal with.
I'm sure that they will respond to any questions, apprehensions,  and successes you have.
That's what we are here for. ;)

Written By: Bobby on 11/22/04 at 7:43 pm

Very good.  :)

Written By: karen on 11/23/04 at 4:58 am

Apricot

I hope the counsellors can help you and you family work out the problems in your life.

karen

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/23/04 at 9:48 am

I can't tell you how happy I am. I was recommended to the newly-founded Student Assistance Program at school for suicidal tendencies and self-mutilation.

I talked to 2 counselors. One thinks I have bipolar or depression. The other disagrees. Not sure, but they called my mom. As a result, we're working on communication, and she's gonna stop pressuring so much. I don't know about my dad, though. He's probably just gonna tell me I'm being lazy.

Anyway, I'm just happy that I finally got to talk to someone. Things may get better!  :)
First off....I am VERY Happy for you! Like cheer says though, I think a 3rd opinion would be in order. When I was young people dismissed my depression as laziness. There was not nearly as much awareness back then (70's), as there is today. I sincerely hope you recieve all the support you need to be happy in this world.  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 11/23/04 at 3:11 pm

Not anymore.

Written By: Apricot on 11/23/04 at 3:19 pm

For further explanation of what I mean, go to the "Feel Any Way..." board.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/24/04 at 7:54 am

Glad to hear things are on the up, Apricot  :)

Written By: Apricot on 11/24/04 at 9:51 pm

No, I'm not getting it anymore. Check the other board.

Check for new replies or respond here...