inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Ripped Jeans??

Written By: divineamydevine on 11/23/04 at 2:40 pm

What do you guys reckon are the best looking ripped up jeans? Those from the 80's, the 90's or todays?

Subject: Re: Best Ripped Jeans??

Written By: danootaandme on 11/23/04 at 3:24 pm

Wranglers ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/23/04 at 5:33 pm

80s, of course. I made my own ripped jeans, thank you very much. They had to be really tight too!

Tanya

Written By: chrissie1975 on 11/24/04 at 7:23 am

I agree with Tanya. The 80's and 90's jeans were way better. You could buy them in the shops but it was much more fun to make your own. The ones you can buy in the shops these days are pretty uniform and standard.

I reckon I had about five pairs over the years - aways Levis (they just ripped better than other jeans). Most of them ended up with so many holes in them that I would have to wear bike shorts or funky-coloured tights under them to stop me being arrested lol   ;)

Written By: Rob on 11/26/04 at 5:48 pm

Joe Elliott' s from Def Lepard, of course!!!!!! They rocked   8)

Written By: liz on 12/08/04 at 3:19 pm

hey
i was wonderign if any one has any tips for how to rip your denim jeans.  I really want to rip a pair of mine but still have it look natural

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/08/04 at 7:35 pm

I'd rather have regular neat jeans. I've had rips by my pockets on two of my jeans already. :(

Written By: Howard on 12/08/04 at 9:18 pm

I'd rather have regular neat jeans. I've had rips by my pockets on two of my jeans already. :(

I've had jeans ripped where the sun doesn't shine. ;)

Howard

Written By: Rachel on 12/21/04 at 5:34 pm

How do you make ripped jeans? Ive tried b4 and they dont turn out right. i want them to look like worn out not like i did it my self but i cant get that look....can sum1 tell me how?? PLEASE!!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/04 at 5:52 pm

This jeans look well ripped to me!
http://stevegarufi.com/tnnuggets8.jpg

Written By: Jen on 12/31/04 at 2:42 pm

Buy a cheap foot scraper at a dollar store and used that on the edges when you make a cut. You can also use it to make little sections that look like they're worn out naturally. It works really well, I just did it. 

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/02/05 at 9:20 am

I never really liked one type of pair made by Mudd.
If you moved the wrong way, the seat of the pants ripped.
Mudd made the jeans so they were horribly worn out. 

Written By: Apricot on 01/02/05 at 2:53 pm

Ripped Jeans are for teens and 20-year olds who have too much money to p*ss away.

Written By: rachel on 01/07/05 at 9:15 pm

What do you guys reckon are the best looking ripped up jeans? Those from the 80'S, the 90S or todays?

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 01/07/05 at 9:23 pm

Ripped Jeans are for teens and 20-year olds who have too much money to p*ss away.

I know this 23 year old chick that still wears ripped jeans.  She's an adult woman but acts like a big overgrown teenager. 

It's kinda sad, you can get away with it if you are 20 or 21, but the closer you get to 25 (or my god if you are over 25) it starts to become pathetic.  You just look like a 20 something masquerading as a teenager. 

Blame it on George Michael, he started the fashion back in 1987 when he wore ripped jeans in his "Faith" video.  When I saw some kids doing it again I wondered if that fad from the late 80s was coming back again. 

Written By: Katie on 01/16/05 at 9:25 am

I think its unfair to say that ripped jeans, or most items of clothing for that matter, should only be worn by a certain age group. Whatever you feel comfortable in should be fine. Personal taste and style are more important than what someone else thinks about you or you clothes.

Kate (32)

Written By: smashlee_skye on 01/21/05 at 8:00 am

Yeah, I agree! 23 is NOT so old that a person should have to start dressing like an "adult" (whatever that may be). I am only 18...23 is only five years away and I'd like to think I'm still a young person at 23!! I probably won't even have graduated uni yet  ::)

The life expectancy for people in my generation is longer than it has ever been and I think if you are cutting off your "youth" before even one quarter of your life has passed you are taking things too seriously and will probably die from suffocation with your head up your ass  :P

Oh yeah, I think the perfect ripped jeans would be the jeans of today (finally starting to get away from the extreme plumber's-crack-showing hipster), worn in properly and customised, not already ripped by the manufacturer so the wearer looks like a tool  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...