inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boomerang network to become an all preschool programming network!!!

Written By: woops on 11/24/04 at 4:43 am

Cartoon Network's sister station Boomerang, which airs classic cartoons from Hanna Barbera & Warner Bros.,   might be added to the long list of networks that went downhill like MTV, VH1, MTV2, Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite,  Cartoon Network (besides 'Adult Swim' block), F/X, TLC, AMC, TBS, etc.  :P  >:(

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=118672%5D

...and more...

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=119541

Sadly, it coul happen since Nick Jr. (Nickelodeon) & Preschool Disney (Disney Channel) are already successful.  :P

Your opnion. Good or Bad...

Subject: Re: Boomerang network to become a preschool programming network!!!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/24/04 at 4:54 am

Who cares if some preschool kids see Tom and Jerry or The Jetsons?  I loved those shows.

Subject: Re: Boomerang network to become an all preschool programming network!!!

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/24/04 at 7:15 am

Cartoon Network has a block for toddlers. They mostly show Baby Looney Toons for a solid hour or two in the morning around 9 or 10.

What we should be worrying about is VH1 Classic and the Viacom digital package. By the articles I read a few weeks ago, they're thinking about turning VH1 Classic into an MTV 80s and 90s programming channel (Re-runs of Remote Control and other stuff) and thinking about getting rid of MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, MTV Hits, VH1 Hits and Nicktoons TV.

Subject: Re: Boomerang network to become an all preschool programming network!!!

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/04 at 1:40 pm

Whatever happened to an all music video station? :-\\
As for Boomerang, we don't have it on our company's channels, so I couldn't really care less. Noggin neither.
By the articles I read a few weeks ago, they're thinking about turning VH1 Classic into an MTV 80s and 90s programming channel (Re-runs of Remote Control and other stuff) and thinking about getting rid of MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, MTV Hits, VH1 Hits and Nicktoons TV.

Written By: woops on 11/24/04 at 1:46 pm

Cartoon Network has a block for toddlers. They mostly show Baby Looney Toons for a solid hour or two in the morning around 9 or 10.

What we should be worrying about is VH1 Classic and the Viacom digital package. By the articles I read a few weeks ago, they're thinking about turning VH1 Classic into an MTV 80s and 90s programming channel (Re-runs of Remote Control and other stuff) and thinking about getting rid of MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, MTV Hits, VH1 Hits and Nicktoons TV.

Though I don't have VH1 Classic nor Boomerang...

IMO, they should be left alone.

And why not turn MTV2 into MTV Classic instead. And MTV Hits into "MTV Alternative"...  :)

(MTV2 is the only "sister stations" of MTV I have, unfortunately none of the VH1 stations)

Written By: nally on 11/24/04 at 3:20 pm

Though I don't have VH1 Classic nor Boomerang...

I have VH1 Classic, but not Boomerang. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 11/24/04 at 6:43 pm

Cartoon Network's sister station Boomerang, which airs classic cartoons from Hanna Barbera & Warner Bros.,   might be added to the long list of networks that went downhill like MTV, VH1, MTV2, Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite,  Cartoon Network (besides 'Adult Swim' block), F/X, TLC, AMC, TBS, etc.  :P  >:(

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=118672%5D

...and more...

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=119541

Sadly, it coul happen since Nick Jr. (Nickelodeon) & Preschool Disney (Disney Channel) are already successful.  :P

Your opnion. Good or Bad...

That's gonna suck. :P

Howard

Written By: Kyle on 11/25/04 at 4:54 pm

We want the old Noggin back!  >:(  The one with all of the preschool programming is actually lower the rating.  We want Bill Nye the Science Guy, NOT Oobi!  We want A Walk in Your Shoes, not Miffy and Friends.  The new one sux, yo!

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 8:13 pm

I miss the old Noggin from 3 years ago when they had Sesame Street Unpaved and The Electric Company. :(

Howard

Subject: Tech TV

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/11/06 at 12:36 am

That's interesting, I figured that this was a channel targeted towards Boomers-hence the name. The one channel I thought was completely obliterated was Tech TV by G4. Both are unique channels so why did G4 feel the need to consume and totally erase a channel that was useful?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/11/06 at 2:32 am

I have digital cable, so I have all the MTVs and all the VH1s and whatnot and they really should leave well enough alone.  There's a station for everyone's musical tastes, and I think it lets people who are tired of the 24 hours of reality TV on MTV and VH1 have what the stations were supposed to be about; access to music videos 24 hours a day.

Written By: sonikuu on 05/11/06 at 5:48 pm

There are so many channels that started off as being about one thing and turned into something completely different.  MTV, VH1, and G4 are picture perfect examples of this.  They started out as being about one particular thing, but now have turned into something completely different, yet still claim to be about this particular thing (kind of like how MTV is still called MTV despite there being no music).  Basically, these channels become oxymorons.  Even Cartoon Network is becoming an oxymoron, what with their airing of live action movies and all.  They also have several shows with live action segments in the works.

Check for new replies or respond here...