inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DAAAAYMN!! Where'd the year go?

Written By: Apricot on 11/25/04 at 10:49 am

It's hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving. I know they say a lot "Wow, the year went so fast!" Usually, I just brush this off as a stupid holiday saying. But this year, I really see it. This was a fast year. I'm actually shocked as to where it went. Did anyone else notice this?

Subject: Re: DAAAAYMN!! Where'd the year go?

Written By: williamsportian on 11/25/04 at 12:30 pm

I noticed it! It still seems like it is August. I feel like it was just a few days ago that I was opening presents! Where did the year go?
(and yes, I *finally* posted. XD)
Laura

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/25/04 at 1:44 pm

as i get older i notice the years flying by. my son is three and a half, seems like only last year he was born.

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 11/25/04 at 3:11 pm

Hell yes. It seems like only yesterday I was in the bathroom screaming at the top of my lungs because the pregnancy test turned blue. :P ;D

Now I'm almost 8 months pregnant.

Written By: JamesMcDone on 11/25/04 at 3:57 pm

Hell yes. It seems like only yesterday I was in the bathroom screaming at the top of my lungs because the pregnancy test turned blue. :P ;D

Now I'm almost 8 months pregnant.

Lol.  Were you screaming because, you want to get pregnant or did you scream "Oh no, you fudgeing bastered.  You got me pregnant."  ;-)

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 8:19 pm

I can't believe I'm already in my 30's :o

It will be 10 years since my brother passed away next year. :\'(

We can't stay young forever,that's for sure. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 8:21 pm

It's hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving. I know they say a lot "Wow, the year went so fast!" Usually, I just brush this off as a stupid holiday saying. But this year, I really see it. This was a fast year. I'm actually shocked as to where it went. Did anyone else notice this?

Apricot,I can't believe It's gonna be 2005.What a year this has been.too much bad stuff. :(

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/04 at 11:15 am

And next year will probally suck even more!  :\'(

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 11/26/04 at 1:27 pm

Lol.  Were you screaming because, you want to get pregnant or did you scream "Oh no, you flippin' bastered.  You got me pregnant."  ;-)

It was more like a, "OhgodthetestturnedbluemyparentsaregoingtokillmehisparentsaregoingtokillhimI'MgoingtokillhimforgettingmeinthismesswhatthehellamIgoingtodo?" type of scream. ;D

But as you see, everything worked out. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/26/04 at 5:03 pm

Apricot,I can't believe It's gonna be 2005.What a year this has been.too much bad stuff. :(

Howard

I remember reading the book 1984 and thinking"Wow, that is so far away, I wonder what it
will be like"......Time flys when your semi comatose. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/26/04 at 5:05 pm

That last half always goes by quickly, maybe because of football season or the Series. :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/04 at 6:27 pm

I noticed it! It still seems like it is August. I feel like it was just a few days ago that I was opening presents! Where did the year go?
(and yes, I *finally* posted. XD)
Laura

Alright! Now all you have to do is come over to the "Feel Any Way" board. Don't act like you can resist! You must go! You feel it pulling, don't you? DON'T YOU?  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/04 at 6:29 pm

I remember reading the book 1984 and thinking"Wow, that is so far away, I wonder what it
will be like"......Time flys when your semi comatose. :)

I saw the movie version (the one actually made in 1984), and was creeped out by it's weirdness.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/04 at 7:08 pm

And next year will probally suck even more!  :\'(

You can't have 12 months & 52 weeks without any mention of bad stuff.things happen whether you like it or not. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/26/04 at 7:10 pm

I just can't believe that I'm already 30.seems only yesterday that I was only 15 years old. :o

Howard

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/26/04 at 9:00 pm

I'm turning 20 in January, so all of the stuff from my childhood will become "Anniversary" cash-ins.
They'll probably issue a new version of the Back to the Future DVD set, Teddy Ruxpin will probably return again (Last seen in 1998) but as an antiquity or decoration, Live Aid is already out as a 5-disc set... man... where have the years gone? 

Written By: williamsportian on 11/26/04 at 10:22 pm

Alright! Now all you have to do is come over to the "Feel Any Way" board. Don't act like you can resist! You must go! You feel it pulling, don't you? DON'T YOU?  ;D

Yes, I do. XD I can't go until you introduce me, though. I feel like I already know all of them, remeber when I told you I have been lurking there, not posting for the last couple of months now? XD I might call you tomorrow...depends on what time I get home...Eh, if I call, I call, if I don't, I don't.
Laura

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 6:19 pm

It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating New Year's Eve.And what a year this has been so far.And how would you rate this year compared to other years?

Howard

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/04 at 4:09 pm

I had a year of a lot of unemployment(bad), but more time being stay at home mom(good)
exciting politics(good), presidential election(bad), helping out my family(good and bad), I
found my way to this message board(good), I spend a little too much time on the computer(bad)
My family and I are relatively healthy, happy, housed, fed, and clothed(good) Things weren't bad
could be better, things weren't good, but could be worse.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/04 at 10:03 pm

I'd say 2004 has been such an improving year for me.I wound up in a new relationship and hopefully for 2005 it will be an even stronger one. :)

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/04 at 2:47 pm

Only 32 days!

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 8:35 pm

52 weeks really go fast in 1 entire year and before you know it another 52 weeks will be gone.I think the springs & summers are pretty fast seasons.Winters are kinda slow because of the cold snowy months.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...