inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christmas tree, real or artificial and why?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/27/04 at 8:28 pm

Real, can't beat that great smell.  And if I want something fake in my house for a week to a month I'll take Pamala Anderson thank you very much.

Subject: Re: Christmas tree, real or artificial and why?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/27/04 at 8:31 pm

Has to be REAL.  It's been a tradition in my family...and besides that, I've gotta have that fresh tree scent in the house at Christmas time.  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/27/04 at 8:52 pm

Artificial. It's more convenient and cost-effective. I can put it up and take it down whenever I want to. Also, I don't have to worry about it drying out and dying nor do I have to worry about cleaning up needles over my carpet. Besides, for one price, I can have a reliable tree each year, instead of buying one each year.

Tanya

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/27/04 at 8:54 pm

Real!
I'm a posterchild for real trees..there's NOTHING  like a real one.. :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/27/04 at 9:03 pm

Artificial. It's more convenient and cost-effective. I can put it up and take it down whenever I want to. Also, I don't have to worry about it drying out and dying nor do I have to worry about cleaning up needles over my carpet. Besides, for one price, I can have a reliable tree each year, instead of buying one each year.

Tanya

If you know what to look for when buying one, and keep it watered well, it is not a fire hazzard. It would take a hell of a lot of effort to light a healthy one on fire.  You don't even need to spray any protectants on it either.

Artificial trees suck.  They are bad for the environment..not to mention a pain in the a**. There are recycling places for real trees, or you can just throw em out..or find other uses for them yourself.

Also, they sell live real trees.  Roots in a sack, so you can re-plant them after Christmas.

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/04 at 10:40 pm

I prefer real, but my family has a fake one. :P

And it's true about them being a pain in the a$$ to assemble. That's why I let my sister do it. ;D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 11/28/04 at 8:43 am

Artificial because I have allergies.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/04 at 9:09 am

Artificial because I have allergies.

Me too!  When I was a kid I would get sick every Christmas.  They always said "oh, it must be all
the excitement".  When I got older we found out about allergies and Christmas trees, it had
never occured to anyone before that it must be the tree.  No more sick at Christmas now. :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/28/04 at 9:33 am

fake. it gets to -40C around here during christmas and i'll be buggered if i'm going to tramp through the bushes and looking for a tree, freezing my arse off...and buying a real tree off of a lot is just wrong. you want it, go get it yourself with an axe and saw.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/28/04 at 11:35 am

Fake with built-in lights. The tree also rotates.

Written By: nally on 11/28/04 at 12:35 pm

Real, can't beat that great smell.  And if I want something fake in my house for a week to a month I'll take Pamala Anderson thank you very much.

I agree totally. A real tree makes the house smell good; that's why I voted for "real."

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/28/04 at 12:43 pm

...and buying a real tree off of a lot is just wrong. you want it, go get it yourself with an axe and saw.

Yeah, well that's a little difficult if you live on a tropical island like I do.  ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/04 at 1:44 pm

Real, because of the smell, and it doesn't come with instructions!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/04 at 2:26 pm

fake. it gets to -40C around here during christmas and i'll be buggered if i'm going to tramp through the bushes and looking for a tree, freezing my arse off...and buying a real tree off of a lot is just wrong. you want it, go get it yourself with an axe and saw.

They don't have xmas tree farms up your way?

I'd say real.  Now, if I had allergies, or if I had tramp through -40c temperatures, I'd be grateful to have a plug-in model!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/04 at 3:18 pm

Deffinately real. I had a fake for many years and always cussed every time I put it up. Why did I do that? I have no idea-could have been the $$. Fake is deffinately cheaper and at the time I was financally straped. For 5 years we didn't have one of our own but had a "borrowed" one because we weren't home. Finally got stay at home last year and got a real one and dug out our decorations that we hadn't seen in 5 years. But, this year, we will have to use a "borrowed" one since we are not going to be home AGAIN! Maybe next year.

Cat

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/28/04 at 6:24 pm

They don't have xmas tree farms up your way?

I'd say real.  Now, if I had allergies, or if I had tramp through -40c temperatures, I'd be grateful to have a plug-in model!

i know there is a landscaping business that gets trees from some secret location but the idea of a thriving business selling xmas trees when the whole town is surrounded by pine forests is like a sand dealer selling sand in the middle of the sahara.

Check for new replies or respond here...