inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which Is Worse: MTV2 Headbangers Ball, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi or T.R.L

Written By: woops on 11/27/04 at 11:26 pm

http://musicasaweapon.net/images/l_mtv2.gifhttp://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/puffyamiyumi/tools/img/clips_dance.gif

"Headbangers Ball" is not what it used to be. Now it's mostly death/speed metal & a couple numetal garbage that's really painful to the ears.  :P And not enough (or none)  of the classics like Ozzy, Judas Priest, Guns N' Roses, and great hair bands like Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, etc.  I know they're now on VH1 Classic, but don't have digital cable. (Though my local basic  provider has MTV2)  Atleast Kip Winger had talent compared to Cradle Of Filth.

"Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi" is the worst cartoon I've ever seen since "Hammerman". Featurring international bubblegum  pop act Puffy Ami Yumi. Their cartoon show is a strange mixture of "Boohbah", minus those annoying creatures,  & "Josie & The Pussycats", minus the mystery solving & plot. Or a cheap imitation of The Beatles "Yellow Submarine".  Not to mention unfunny.  :P  As for their music, it's very cheesy (Think Britney Spears) and annoying. Just because they sang the theme for the cartoon "Teen Titans" doesn't mean they can have their own show.  But I'm not a fan of bubblegum pop (post 1996) nor the metal junk MTV2 plays in their wretched version of "Headbangers Ball". 

Dishonorable mention: "Total Request Live" (1998 to present)

One of the reasons of the major downfall of MTV in 1998. Though it started to it's toll in the early '90's and gotten far worse in 1997, the last time I saw classic videos, MTV500, and diversed music videos (Oasis, Beck,  Busta Rhymes, & TLC played in an row). Not to forget too many (non music related) shows, overexposure of rap, and reality shows.  :P

Despite of disliking current music, the show only airs 2 minutes of the video & interrupts it with a little box in the corner with a screaming fan shouting about their favorite artist & comments scrawled at the bottom. Though most of today's music videos really suck. Though  the best alternative rock videos can only be seen on MTV2. (MTV2 Rock & Subterrean) :) And music video compilation DVDs of artists from the '80's & '90's.  8)

Subject: Re: Which Is Worse: MTV2 Headbangers Ball, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi or T.R.L

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/28/04 at 11:38 am

TRL, considering that the shelf life for an MTV show is at least 5 to 8 years.
It's time for TRL to have the cord snipped. Nobody watches it anymore.

I actually like the live action segments in Puffy AmiYumi. I wish that they would do a new countdown show on MTV instead of TRL. Ami and Yumi are cute... unlike their cartoon counterparts. 

Subject: Re: Which Is Worse: MTV2 Headbangers Ball, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi or T.R.L

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/04 at 2:37 pm

All of 'em.

Why compare sh*t, sh*t, and sh*t?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/04 at 4:12 pm

TRL juck plain sucks....

Check for new replies or respond here...