inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Man Holds His Own Mother Hostage

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/03/04 at 4:34 pm

Chalk it up under "Now I've Seen Everything":  ::)
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=2641770&nav=9TahTlkF

Subject: Re: Man Holds His Own Mother Hostage

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/03/04 at 6:03 pm

Sad! See what drugs do to the American family?

Tanya

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/03/04 at 6:09 pm

Actually he served ten years for manslaughter, which is essentially cut-rate murder. >:(
This guy should never be outside a prison again.
Sad! See what drugs do to the American family?

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/03/04 at 6:54 pm

Agreed! The prison system desparately needs overhauling

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 9:37 pm

WTF?  :o

Written By: JamesMcDone on 12/03/04 at 10:17 pm

This is from the news article:

"Detective Shobe arrested Speer for criminal mischief, intimidation and criminal confinement"

They should add on concealing a dangerous weapon, uttering death treats.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/03/04 at 11:49 pm

Actually he served ten years for manslaughter, which is essentially cut-rate murder. >:(
This guy should never be outside a prison again.

Hey, they can't just keep murders in prison indefinitely!  They need those cells for the rotten pot smokers!

Written By: JamesMcDone on 12/04/04 at 9:17 am

To me they (the government) should have a 3 strike law.  1) Jail time + community help, 2) Jail time + community help + psyciatric evaluation and psyciatric help, 3) Kill him.

It will help in two ways:

1) The prisons won't get full

and

2) The taxpayers won't pay for the criminal that stay in jail.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/04/04 at 9:25 am

To me they (the government) should have a 3 strike law.  1) Jail time + community help, 2) Jail time + community help + psyciatric evaluation and psyciatric help, 3) Kill him.

It will help in two ways:

1) The prisons won't get full

and

2) The taxpayers won't pay for the criminal that stay in jail.

Surley you don't mean a 3-strike law for convicted muderers, right?  You're talking about the deadly sins (as Georgia law calls them) which includes drug dealing and armed robbery.  To let a convicted murderer let go even once, much less twice is insane.  DEATH PENALTY FOR ALL CONVICTED MURDERERS.  Poor ol' Scott Peterson will get the death penalty next week most likely, I bet we're talking about it on Monday.

Written By: JamesMcDone on 12/04/04 at 9:48 am

Surley you don't mean a 3-strike law for convicted muderers, right?  You're talking about the deadly sins (as Georgia law calls them) which includes drug dealing and armed robbery.  To let a convicted murderer let go even once, much less twice is insane.  DEATH PENALTY FOR ALL CONVICTED MURDERERS.  Poor ol' Scott Peterson will get the death penalty next week most likely, I bet we're talking about it on Monday.

Naa.  Convicted muderers should be killed right away.  They should broadcast the deaths on tv so that everyone would see what happens if they murder someone.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/04/04 at 10:23 am

Naa.  Convicted muderers should be killed right away.  They should broadcast the deaths on tv so that everyone would see what happens if they murder someone.

I like you!  I have always thought death sentences should be played on television, so teenagers can see what happens to them if they go down a certain road.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/04 at 1:24 am

I wouldn't go as far as saying they should rot in Hell, 80scheerleader. But they should at least rot in jail.
Hey, he's better than the @sshole in IL who killed his mother, girlfriend and baby last week ::)  They should BOTH rot in hell!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 12:13 pm

I wouldn't go as far as saying they should rot in Hell, 80scheerleader. But they should at least rot in jail.

I agree, prison cells are unfortunatly over crowed with pedophiles, murderers, rapists, drug dealers, etc. And the problem is only to get worse!  >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...