inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst fears or phobias?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/14/04 at 8:14 pm

what absolutely freaks you out?

Subject: Re: Worst fears or phobias?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/14/04 at 8:29 pm

I voted for all the natural disasters (except thunderstorms) plus muggings, crime, identity theft, four more years of GWB, the dentist, nuclear holocaust and terrorism (please see four more years of GWB). But, you should've placed other (I am fearful of failure - I'm the classic overachiever!)

Tanya

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/15/04 at 9:43 pm

Shots don't really freak me out....
I have Type 2 diabetes and take 2 insulin shots a day..I use a really cool doser called an INNOLET,made by NovoNordisk...

I also have to get cortisone shots...in my right wrist due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,right  shoulder due to bursitis,and both knees due to osteoarthritis...not all at the same time,whew!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/15/04 at 10:46 pm

the Constitution being amended...so Ah-nold aka Governator of California could run for Prez...If he ever got in...I see ARMAGEDDON happening!

Written By: bj26 on 12/16/04 at 7:01 am

:o  L I G H T N I N G  :o

Written By: Elvis on 12/16/04 at 7:29 am

I fear NOTHING. Especially since I know God is in control and of course we have GW as our FEARless leader.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/16/04 at 11:55 am

I know God is in control, but some idiots can't control themselves. :-\\
I fear NOTHING. Especially since I know God is in control and of course we have GW as our FEARless leader.

Written By: Elvis on 12/16/04 at 12:53 pm

I know God is in control, but some idiots can't control themselves. :-\\

Why worry about them? Don't sweat anything that's beyond your control. The Bible says "fear not" so I don't - it' s that simple.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/16/04 at 1:02 pm

To be truthful... I fear Thomas Haden Church newbies and Wings fans who say that they are Thomas fans but have never seen Thomas in anything but Wings.
I also fear for Thomas becoming a celebrity, but that's just me.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/04 at 3:49 pm

I fear crowds
lightning
bees and wasps

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/16/04 at 6:36 pm

I don't know how well I'd do with meeting one of my idols...such as Dale Earnhardt Jr,Tony Stewart,or Maurice 'Sonny Corinthos' Benard....I'd be terrified of looking like a fool!

Written By: Mergal on 12/17/04 at 7:02 am

I voted for snakes, but that's a toss-up with scorpions and tornados.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/17/04 at 10:00 am

Lightining
Bugs
Knives
Guns
Heights
Spiders

Written By: Howard on 12/28/04 at 5:30 pm

I guess a fear of money is what I have.I just fear if I run out of it,being poor comes to mind.My Mother said she won't allow me to run out of money.She's very supportive. :)

Howard

Written By: Mergal on 12/28/04 at 8:12 pm

I guess a fear of money is what I have.I just fear if I run out of it,being poor comes to mind.My Mother said she won't allow me to run out of money.She's very supportive. :)

Howard

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. Going bankrupt is one of my fears, but I would never ask my family for money.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/28/04 at 10:00 pm

Not in order of greatness:

1. Snakes
2. Another 4 years of Dumbya
3. Computer viruses
4. IRS monkey business
5. Crime, becoming a victime thereof
6. Traffic stop
7. Terrorism
8. Prostate exam
9. Nuclear holocaust (see no. 7)
10. Total fascist takeover of the U.S. government (see no. 2)

I used to fear a total nuclear holocaust, but now I fear more the proverbial terrorist "dirty bomb" and the horrible ramifications of such an attack.

Utter ecological destruction is one I would have chosen, but this fear is best represented by no. 2 and no. 10 on my list.

My biggest "fear" is personal failure, but that varies from time to time.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/29/04 at 4:30 pm

I am afraid of someone finding out my fears and using it against me(how is that for a mega dose
of paranoia.)  I am afraid of something happening to myself or the ones I love. Please don't use
that against me ???

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 4:36 pm

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. Going bankrupt is one of my fears, but I would never ask my family for money.

I can always ask my Mother for money if I happen to run out.I have a bank account with $1,300 dollars & I have money in envelopes for which I can budget my money so I'm good.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...