inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songfacts.com

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/18/04 at 9:12 pm

www.songfacts.com
This is an interesting site about the "Stories Behind The Music" on how the music was written, the meaning, ect.
Really interesting. I've been on there for about an hour.

Subject: Re: Songfacts.com

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/18/04 at 9:30 pm

www.songfacts.com
This is an interesting site about the "Stories Behind The Music" on how the music was written, the meaning, ect.
Thanks for sharing, AngeFaitore :)

Written By: Powerslave on 12/19/04 at 2:30 am

Cool site.  :)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/19/04 at 8:05 am

That IS cool! Thanky 8)

Written By: Wolveroses on 12/20/04 at 3:49 am

www.songfacts.com

kinda GAY!  its sad, but I looked up a few eminem songs and there is not a lot of info.  the song i do know about is Kim.  it says

"Eminem raps in this song about his wife, Kimberly. They had a very volatile relationship and divorced in 2001. Kim is mother to Eminem's daughter, Hallie. (thanks, Henry - Brooklyn, NY)
In this, Eminem talks about killing Kim. It was the song many women's groups and others who opposed the rapper used as evidence that he should be banned. The controversy got him in the news even more, especially when he and Kim divorced, and helped sell a lot more albums."

but wait, who didn't know that?  what a lot of people don't know is that this is his love song to Kim.  he wanted to make a love song to her, but didn't want to make it all mussy and stuff like saying i miss you and i love you, he said that all he wanted to do was scream.  what a bunch of bullish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Powerslave on 12/20/04 at 6:24 am

kinda GAY!  its sad, but I looked up a few eminem songs and there is not a lot of info.  the song i do know about is Kim.  it says

"Eminem raps in this song about his wife, Kimberly. They had a very volatile relationship and divorced in 2001. Kim is mother to Eminem's daughter, Hallie. (thanks, Henry - Brooklyn, NY)
In this, Eminem talks about killing Kim. It was the song many women's groups and others who opposed the rapper used as evidence that he should be banned. The controversy got him in the news even more, especially when he and Kim divorced, and helped sell a lot more albums."

but wait, who didn't know that?  what a lot of people don't know is that this is his love song to Kim.  he wanted to make a love song to her, but didn't want to make it all mussy and stuff like saying i miss you and i love you, he said that all he wanted to do was scream.  what a bunch of bullish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should post that on the site. :)

Written By: Apricot on 12/20/04 at 5:06 pm

I'm Andrew from the Abyss on that site.  :)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/20/04 at 5:16 pm

Well, I didn't say that it was PERFECT.
Some songs have great info and then some are just junk information posted by fans that has nothing to do with the song whatsoever.
I read the info for songs by Prince and Madonna. There was some good info in those. They could have used more info in the Phil Collins section, though, only three or four of his songs are listed.

Subject: Songfacts.com

Written By: Dude111 on 09/03/17 at 4:12 am

Quite a nice site!!!!!!!!

I already looked up a song...

Check for new replies or respond here...