inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Usher's "Yeah" is VH1's #1 video for 2004

Written By: woops on 12/19/04 at 1:49 am

Though VH1 is known for putting out lousy lists, I can't believe that Bowling For Soup's "1985" wasn't ranked on the top 10 and Usher's "Yeah" was ranked as the #1 video on "VH1 Top 40 Best Videos of 2004" special.  :P

Not to mention the videos weren't shown. Only B list celebrities commenting on the subject like other VH1 special (Videos are only shown for a few hours during dusk)

Funny that a channel with nostalgia shows like "I Love the '80's" would kiss up on current pop culture & trash good songs on their "Awesomely Bad" song lists...  ::)  :P 

I won't even bother with MTV's list since it's no different than VH1's list.  ::)

MTV2... I'll definately watch their "Top Rock videos of 2004" special... though it'll still have some pop punk (Good Charlotte, Sum 41) & whiney rockers (Maroon 5, Yellowcard). Though every year had it's share of garbage... but not as much like today.  :D  :P BTW, I have nothing against rap & teen pop, but most of their videos are the same & there's only a few rap groups  I listen to like Black Eyed Peas & Outkast. Also the few that have videos that aren't "very cliche".

Subject: Re: Usher's "Yeah" is VH1's #1 video for 2004

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/19/04 at 12:18 pm

I wasn't a fan of Usher's "YEEEAAAHHHHH!". I think it was because I got sick of Ludacris saying that he was going to make my booty go "CLAP!".
I didn't really care for 'Confessions pt. II', either. I really didn't want to hear a song about a man having a baby with another woman while with his girlfriend. 

While I'm not a fan of Bowling For Soup, I can recite the whole song now because I've listened to it so many times.

o/ Debbie just hit the wall, she never had it all... /o

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/19/04 at 12:36 pm

The list is based on airplay. If a video received the greatest airplay (as well as record/single sales), it will be listed.

Tanya

Written By: thebutcheress on 12/20/04 at 10:33 am

I dint mind "YEah" until I heard on the radia three times in 1 hour! (Someone makes a good dance song and they kill it by overplay... ::))

Like woops, I only listen to a few rappers because their music is different form the crowd... Outcast, black eyed peas, Nas, Kanye West and Eminem (though he sometimes strays into the "average rap song")

Good Charlotte is wierd... that song I just want to live, isnt all that great but I saw the video the other morning and its hilarious!

PLEASE, tell me LIndsey LOhan was on their "bad songs" list as well as the Duff sisters with their bad cover of "Our lips our sealed"

HEy< Bowling for Soups "1985" had ALOT of airplay! I don't knwo about the sales though...

Well whatever, its only VH1, their not the top music station anyway.

Written By: Eve Orzabal Smith on 12/26/04 at 5:30 pm

Usher's "Yeah" video is not very good for me, but the song is kinda excellent for me!!!!!

I'm a fan of The Beatles, ABBA, Wings, Cranberries, Queen, TFF, Janis Joplin and other 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's bands, but I also like some 2000's pop music, so I like "Yeah!" song.

I even start to dance when I listen to it ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...