inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/29/04 at 7:30 am

I like both shows, but I vote for Jeopardy because I enjoy the challenging questions on that show.

Subject: Re: Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy

Written By: gord on 12/29/04 at 9:39 am

Jeopardy for me :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/29/04 at 9:46 am

I like both but since I've seen "Win Ben Stein's Money" Jeopardy is more like childsplay! Wheel Of Fortune is also a simple game but at least Vanna is more fun to look at than Alex Trebeck :D

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/29/04 at 9:47 am

I like both but since I've seen "Win Ben Stein's Money" Jeopardy is more like childsplay! Wheel Of Fortune is also a simple game but at least Vanna is more fun to look at than Alex Trebeck :D

GSN is having a "Win Ben Stein's Money" marathon on New Year's Eve.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/29/04 at 10:11 am

GSN is having a "Win Ben Stein's Money" marathon on New Year's Eve.
If we had  it here I'd definately watch...thanks though ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/29/04 at 11:26 am

Both, my favorite however is The Price is Right. I like the spoof of Jeopardy on SNL!

"I'll take the rapists for a $1,000, Alex."  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/30/04 at 11:13 pm

Both, my favorite however is The Price is Right. I like the spoof of Jeopardy on SNL!

"I'll take the rapists for a $1,000, Alex."  ;D
Or "Sean Connery"..."I'll take swords for four-hundred" ;D

Written By: Satish on 12/30/04 at 11:51 pm

Well, I like Jeopardy. It actually requires some intellectual ability, whereas Wheel of Fortune is just a game of luck.

Written By: nally on 12/30/04 at 11:57 pm

I think I'll pick both...although I've been watching Jeopardy a lot more during the past six months. "Wheel Of Fortune" is fun to watch too; I'm very good at guessing the puzzles (sometimes I can even guess a puzzle when there's less than 10 revealed letters).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/31/04 at 12:03 am

Wheel Of Fortune is also a simple game but at least Vanna is more fun to look at than Alex Trebeck :D

I was thinking on similar lines...Trebeck isn't as good-looking as Vanna, and he's a smug sonofab*tch to boot, but I still prefer Jeopardy by a wide margin.

http://members.aol.com/dohtemarts/singleart/iloj.jpg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/31/04 at 12:10 am

I was thinking on similar lines...Trebeck isn't as good-looking as Vanna, and he's a smug sonofab*tch to boot, but I still prefer Jeopardy by a wide margin.

http://members.aol.com/dohtemarts/singleart/iloj.jpg
Yeah but I will always enjoy Ben Stein WAY more than Jeopardy. Stein even invited Trebek to a "Game" on his show, after Alex made derogatory comments about Stein's show....Trebek didn't have the balls to take the challenge ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/31/04 at 12:28 am

Yeah but I will always enjoy Ben Stein WAY more than Jeopardy. Stein even invited Trebek to a "Game" on his show, after Alex made derogatory comments about Stein's show....Trebek didn't have the balls to take the challenge ::)

Stein and Trebeck oughta get together for a no-holds-barred SMUG match.  It doesn't surprise me that Trebeck didn't have the stones to go on Stein's show.  Everything I've heard about Trebeck suggests he's a world class jerk, something I know to be true of Stein from listening to his political speeches. Bleccchh!!!  I won't comment further because this isn't the politics board.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/31/04 at 12:30 am

Jeopardy!

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 12/31/04 at 10:01 am

Jeopardy

Written By: Kyle on 12/31/04 at 6:26 pm

Both, but I'll go for Wheel the Fortune more than I  go for Jeopardy.  :)  I wanna buy a vowel, A.
:) ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/04 at 7:32 pm

Has to be Wheel of Fortune!

Written By: Bobby on 01/01/05 at 8:15 pm

Wheel of fortune for me. It's always a nice bonus to see a lady flipping tiles.  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/02/05 at 8:38 pm

Wheel of fortune for me. It's always a nice bonus to see a lady flipping tiles.  ;D

Vanna White used to flip the letter tiles over; now she touches the screens on the right hand side. (Sometime in the late 90's I believe, the computerized puzzle board was born.)

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 9:05 pm

Vanna White used to flip the letter tiles over; now she touches the screens on the right hand side. (Sometime in the late 90's I believe, the computerized puzzle board was born.)

That's cool - she does less than before (if that was achievable lol).

We had Jenny Powell in the UK. Not quite in the same league as Vanna White.  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/02/05 at 10:30 pm

Jeopardy  :)

Written By: nally on 01/03/05 at 1:41 pm

Hubby and I joke that WOF is for the people who are too stupid to be on Jeopardy ;D  I have to admit, I enjoy both of them, though...I'm much better at the Wheel ;)

Me too...although I have become fairly good at Jeopardy lately. ;)

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:25 pm

Me too...although I have become fairly good at Jeopardy lately. ;)

I am useless at Jeopardy - that's why I like Wheel of Fortune.  :D  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/03/05 at 2:28 pm

I am useless at Jeopardy - that's why I like Wheel of Fortune.  :D  ;D

For about 10 or 15 years I've been exceptionally good at Wheel...there have been times when I've been able to guess the puzzles with only 20% of the letters revealed. What gets me sometimes is when the contestants wait until all the letters are revealed before they solve; in other words, they get greedy. >:( Sometimes when they're too greedy they hit bankrupt.

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:34 pm

For about 10 or 15 years I've been exceptionally good at Wheel...there have been times when I've been able to guess the puzzles with only 20% of the letters revealed. What gets me sometimes is when the contestants wait until all the letters are revealed before they solve; in other words, they get greedy. >:( Sometimes when they're too greedy they hit bankrupt.

Yes I agree. The way I see it, if they hit bankrupt, that is poetic justice working on them and I laugh at the telly.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/03/05 at 3:39 pm

Yes I agree. The way I see it, if they hit bankrupt, that is poetic justice working on them and I laugh at the telly.  ;D

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 4:35 pm

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....  ::)

You don't agree, Jamie?  ;D

(that's a lot of ks)

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/04/05 at 8:20 am

I watched some of the Ben Stein marathon New Year's Eve and I think the questions on that show are actually tougher than the ones on Jeopardy.

Written By: duranchick on 01/04/05 at 8:40 am

Jeopardy - I think its the music!

Written By: nally on 01/04/05 at 2:50 pm

Jeopardy - I think its the music!

When I was 8 years old I figured out how to play the theme music on the piano...actually, the keyboard, since we had an electric one then.

Written By: nally on 01/04/05 at 2:52 pm

I watched some of the Ben Stein marathon New Year's Eve and I think the questions on that show are actually tougher than the ones on Jeopardy.

I watched one of those episodes on New Year's Eve...some of the categories on that show are funny! In the final round, where Jimmy asks the contestant and Ben 10 questions, some of those aren't too tough. In fact, I've been able to answer some when neither the contestant nor Ben could.

Check for new replies or respond here...