inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prayers To God Answered: Anna Nicole Denied Inheritance

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/31/04 at 10:50 pm

Let this be a lesson to all gold digging, self-centered no-talents out there: Don't marry for money.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#2

Subject: Re: Prayers To God Answered: Anna Nicole Denied Inheritance

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/31/04 at 11:24 pm

Never did care much for her.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/01/05 at 12:52 am

And there are so many other people that deserve a big payday more than The Most Idiotic Rich Blonde No Talent This Side Of Jessica Simpleton. ::)
Never did care much for her.

Written By: Bobby on 01/01/05 at 6:10 am

Ha ha! Justice has been served.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/01/05 at 7:58 am

Now let's not be so quick to condemn her.  I'm not a fan by any means, but she did give the old
geezer reason to smile in his waning days.  There was an argument that all she did was spend
his money.  What? he couldn't afford her?  Now all the money goes to his son who doesn't want
to give her anything, I say she deserves something, maybe sonny boy is just a bit jealous of
dads toy.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/05 at 9:24 am

I agree with Danoota on this issue.

Anna Nicole is definitely my cup of tea, and she's no doubt a few bricks shy of a full load, but she did legally marry Mr. Marshall and there was never any accusation that he did not marry her of his own free will, or that he was mentally incapacitated at the time.

Why SHOULDN'T Anna Nicole get some form of inheritance?

Now the rub to this whole thing is that, apparently, the "will of record" has been validated by a Texas judge, and apparently that will did NOT include Anna in it at all.  Again, if Mr. Marshall made that will of his own free will and with his mental faculties in place, then so be it.  Anna get zilch.

So... My opinion is that there is no "moral reason" for her to get zilch, just a "legal reason".  She's not being denied money because she is a "gold digger" or a "slut" but because it appears that she simply was not in the will, period.

Written By: Bobby on 01/01/05 at 1:53 pm

Now the rub to this whole thing is that, apparently, the "will of record" has been validated by a Texas judge, and apparently that will did NOT include Anna in it at all.  Again, if Mr. Marshall made that will of his own free will and with his mental faculties in place, then so be it.  Anna get zilch.

So... My opinion is that there is no "moral reason" for her to get zilch, just a "legal reason".  She's not being denied money because she is a "gold digger" or a "slut" but because it appears that she simply was not in the will, period.

So are you saying that Nicole was in the will in certain parts of the country and in others she wasn't? If that is the case - why?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/05 at 2:05 pm

So are you saying that Nicole was in the will in certain parts of the country and in others she wasn't? If that is the case - why?  ???

Not really Bobby.  The reason that I mentioned a Texas court is because the will was filed and executed in the State of Texas.

Somehow the case was then appealed to a "Federal Court" in California.  In the latest court decision, a Federal Appeals Court ruled that the Federal Court in California had no jurisdiction in the case, so it all reverted back to the State Courts, (Where it belongs).

Unfortunately, Bobby, here in the United States too many people forget that the USA is a federation of States, and the Federal Government does not and should not get its nose into every dispute that exists.  The laws that cover most daily life in the USA are state laws, not federal laws.

Thus the American colloquialism "Don't make a Federal case out of this".

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/01/05 at 2:16 pm

That's great...now I only have to be bewilderd as to WHY people actually gave money to Oral Roberts afeter he told them God would take him if he didn't get tons of money in donations a few years ago.....and then of course, ther's ALWAYS the Mormons ::)

Written By: Bobby on 01/01/05 at 2:18 pm

Not really Bobby.  The reason that I mentioned a Texas court is because the will was filed and executed in the State of Texas.

Somehow the case was then appealed to a "Federal Court" in California.  In the latest court decision, a Federal Appeals Court ruled that the Federal Court in California had no jurisdiction in the case, so it all reverted back to the State Courts, (Where it belongs).

Unfortunately, Bobby, here in the United States too many people forget that the USA is a federation of States, and the Federal Government does not and should not get its nose into every dispute that exists.  The laws that cover most daily life in the USA are state laws, not federal laws.

Thus the American colloquialism "Don't make a Federal case out of this".

Ah I see. Thanks Lyricboy.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/01/05 at 4:03 pm

I would have preferred Roberts to fall short of his monetary goal to see if God would have "called him home" like Oral predicted.
And to me, the so-called Church of Latter Day Saints (I deliberately took off the Jesus part because I don't believe Jesus would allow polygamy or condemnation) has taken Utah hostage.
That's great...now I only have to be bewilderd as to WHY people actually gave money to Oral Roberts afeter he told them God would take him if he didn't get tons of money in donations a few years ago.....and then of course, ther's ALWAYS the Mormons ::)

In fact, Danoota, she gave him TWO reasons to smile, and both of them are still on her chest. ;D

Now let's not be so quick to condemn her.  I'm not a fan by any means, but she did give the old
geezer reason to smile in his waning days. 

Written By: Dagwood on 01/01/05 at 4:17 pm

And to me, the so-called Church of Latter Day Saints (I deliberately took off the Jesus part because I don't believe Jesus would allow polygamy or condemnation) has taken Utah hostage.

Not totally.  Contrary to popular belief it is possible to live in Utah and not be Mormon.  Yes, they are the majority religion around here, but not at the cost of others.  There are a few uptight mormons, but you find that in any church. 

Mormons aren't really all that bad...in my opinion they are just misled.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/05 at 5:18 pm

That's great...now I only have to be bewilderd as to WHY people actually gave money to Oral Roberts afeter he told them God would take him if he didn't get tons of money in donations a few years ago.....

Why, exactly, did they call him "Oral" Roberts anyway? ???

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/01/05 at 6:51 pm

Not totally.  Contrary to popular belief it is possible to live in Utah and not be Mormon.  Yes, they are the majority religion around here, but not at the cost of others.  There are a few uptight mormons, but you find that in any church. 

You live in Utah?  I've heard nothing but great things about that state.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/01/05 at 7:23 pm

You live in Utah? I've heard nothing but great things about that state.

Yeah, I am one of the few non-morman Utahns.  Born and raised here.  I love it here.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/01/05 at 8:15 pm

Well said Dagny, I agree. It's just that the Mormons are based on a liar named Joseph Smith therefore they have no solid foundation for thier so-called church.

Written By: Bobby on 01/01/05 at 8:19 pm

Well said Dagny, I agree. It's just that the Mormons are based on a liar named Joseph Smith therefore they have no solid foundation for thier so-called church.

Is it true that Smith founded a religion based on a vision he saw? Something to do with plates found in a hill or something?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/01/05 at 9:54 pm

The IMDB blurg said she may only get a "fraction" of the $88 million the courts awarded her in 2002.  ANS just might have to get by on a mere $5 or $6 million for the rest of her life.  Ain't that a kick in the pants?

Oh well, the adjustment should be simple.  She'll just have to add another syllable to what she used to sell, and start selling that instead--assets
;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 6:54 am

The IMDB blurg said she may only get a "fraction" of the $88 million the courts awarded her in 2002.  ANS just might have to get by on a mere $5 or $6 million for the rest of her life.  Ain't that a kick in the pants?

Oh well, the adjustment should be simple.  She'll just have to add another syllable to what she used to sell, and start selling that instead--assets
;D

Cor! I could handle $5 to $6 million for the rest of my life - she's still got it good.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/02/05 at 8:20 am

Why, exactly, did they call him "Oral" Roberts anyway? ???

That's his name(and some people think Shaquille is a wierd name)  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/05 at 8:30 am

Cor! I could handle $5 to $6 million for the rest of my life - she's still got it good.  :)

Well, exactly.  She'll still be a rich lady in the end...as long as she doesn't pull a Mike Tyson and spend herself into oblivion.  If your hobbies are collecting diamonds and mansions, even a multimillionaire can go bankrupt.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/02/05 at 8:48 am

Is it true that Smith founded a religion based on a vision he saw? Something to do with plates found in a hill or something?
Yes...THAT is the story. Interestingly enough though, they'd rather leave out the part where Joe had people who were not buying his story murdered. They tried him and found him guilty...then they pick it up with thier version...He was arrested because people didn't believe him and his story about Mormonism, so he was killed in his cell. Actually they  got that part right, it was indeed an angry mob of people that did indeed kill him....they just conveniently leave out the fact that he was the man behind the murders of many of the "angry mobs" family members. As for the plates that he supposedly dug up from the base of a hill somewhere in New York and had to have the Lord himself and a friend help translate them from Hebrew, well, they were never found ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/05 at 9:44 am

Yes...THAT is the story. Interestingly enough though, they'd rather leave out the part where Joe had people who were not buying his story murdered. They tried him and found him guilty...then they pick it up with thier version...He was arrested because people didn't believe him and his story about Mormonism, so he was killed in his cell. Actually they  got that part right, it was indeed an angry mob of people that did indeed kill him....they just conveniently leave out the fact that he was the man behind the murders of many of the "angry mobs" family members. As for the plates that he supposedly dug up from the base of a hill somewhere in New York and had to have the Lord himself and a friend help translate them from Hebrew, well, they were never found ::)

They had a South Park episode about that awhile ago, it was very funny!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 12:42 pm

Well, exactly.  She'll still be a rich lady in the end...as long as she doesn't pull a Mike Tyson and spend herself into oblivion.  If your hobbies are collecting diamonds and mansions, even a multimillionaire can go bankrupt.

Absolutely. I read about a lottery winner in the newspaper who lost all his money in about 5 years!

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 12:52 pm

Isn't this the road a lot of 'leaders' take when forging a new religion? I found out a few years ago that the guy who formed the religion I was involved with was a swindling charlatan. The man after him was an alchoholic bully who built a house for all the bible people of long ago to live in after Armageddon - of course, this became his own house.  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/02/05 at 4:13 pm

Isn't this the road a lot of 'leaders' take when forging a new religion? I found out a few years ago that the guy who formed the religion I was involved with was a swindling charlatan. The man after him was an alchoholic bully who built a house for all the bible people of long ago to live in after Armageddon - of course, this became his own house.  ::)
Well, I am saddened by the fact that a lot of the Mormon people are really very nice. I was in thier cult for 18 years....only for the basketball though (If you joined you got to play a lot more)...and learned all about thier beliefs. Easter of 2001 my ex was signing in the chior and my family went to watch her. My son Blaine watched her the whole time and it meant so much to her. We left after the chior finished and Blaine told me he didn't understand how mom could stand being around a bunch of zombies! He went for her though...It was one of her last memories of him as the murder happened later that month. He respected her but wanted nothing to do with them. I can respect that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/03/05 at 1:52 pm

Going from Anna Nicole Smith to the Church of Latter Day Saints is a bit of a stretch... Sure, what the Mormons believe is bizarre, but no more bizarre than a lot of the Old Testament.  The difference seems to be the Holy Bible is a collection of Scriptures passed down through the ages, but the Mormon books are very new and give much more of concocted impression.

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:19 pm

Well, I am saddened by the fact that a lot of the Mormon people are really very nice.

You shouldn't be saddened about that, Mark. The majority of religions have really nice people in them - it's just the dogmatic few that get the attention.  :-\\

I was in thier cult for 18 years....only for the basketball though (If you joined you got to play a lot more)...and learned all about thier beliefs. Easter of 2001 my ex was signing in the chior and my family went to watch her. My son Blaine watched her the whole time and it meant so much to her. We left after the chior finished and Blaine told me he didn't understand how mom could stand being around a bunch of zombies! He went for her though...It was one of her last memories of him as the murder happened later that month. He respected her but wanted nothing to do with them. I can respect that.

You joined a cult for basketball? Interesting motive there Mark. Do you think of your time with the mormons with sentimentality or are you pragmatic about your experiences with them?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/03/05 at 2:24 pm

You shouldn't be saddened about that, Mark. The majority of religions have really nice people in them - it's just the dogmatic few that get the attention.  :-\\

You joined a cult for basketball? Interesting motive there Mark. Do you think of your time with the mormons with sentimentality or are you pragmatic about your experiences with them?
sentimentality. I was practically adopted by a family. They were all so kind to me until I decided to question the practices and "Story" of Joseph Smith. Since we've stretched this topic so badly (Like it's never happened anywhere else)  ::) Perhaps you and I should delete our posts here and make an entire topic didicated to the Mormons :D ;)

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:28 pm

sentimentality. I was practically adopted by a family. They were all so kind to me until I decided to question the practices and "Story" of Joseph Smith. Since we've stretched this topic so badly (Like it's never happened anywhere else)  ::) Perhaps you and I should delete our posts here and make an entire topic didicated to the Mormons :D ;)

That is very nice to hear that they have looked after you, Mark.

I will delete my posts in a minute (as they obviously has nothing to do with Anna Nicole) but that is the way conversations go sometimes. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/03/05 at 2:31 pm

That is very nice to hear that they have looked after you, Mark.

I will delete my posts in a minute (as they obviously has nothing to do with Anna Nicole) but that is the way conversations go sometimes. 
NO! don't delete them. I was just trying to make a point to Max. Topics often go off topic..not just this one :)

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:39 pm

NO! don't delete them. I was just trying to make a point to Max. Topics often go off topic..not just this one :)

You know, I didn't even notice Max's post (sorry Max  :-[). Sometimes the best conversations have the wildest stretches! If I entered a game show and the prize depended on making a Mormon conversation out of Anne Nicole Smith I would fail miserably.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 3:32 pm

Maybe not so much of a stretch...they're BOTH bizarre :P

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/03/05 at 3:40 pm

What about Scientology?  ::)

Written By: AL-B on 01/03/05 at 4:06 pm

Back to Anna Nicole:

I

HOPE

SHE

GETS

FAT

AGAIN!!!!!

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 4:33 pm

What about Scientology?  ::)

I want to start a thread about things like this but have no idea how to go about it.  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 5:00 pm

Back to Anna Nicole:

I

HOPE

SHE

GETS

FAT

AGAIN!!!!!

eventually she will. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/03/05 at 5:17 pm

Maybe not so much of a stretch...they're BOTH bizarre :P
;D ;)

Written By: Powerslave on 01/05/05 at 3:32 am

I want to start a thread about things like this but have no idea how to go about it.  ???

That would be easy. Go into the political and religious topics forum and say something about Scientology. Like, "That L. Ron Hubbard! What a whackjob he was! Founded a philosophical school and then called it a church to avoid taxes!" Or something. :)

Written By: bj26 on 01/05/05 at 11:32 am

I believe their original group was being persecuted for their beliefs, so they set out to find a place of peace for themselves.  Many of them perished along the trek to Utah, but it looked so much like the holy land to them, that's where they settled.  The faith is actually one of tolerance and love, I think most religions are based on those premises. 

As for Anna Nicole, imo, she's gross, but she's got plenty of loot and I don't >:(. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/05/05 at 11:51 am

I believe their original group was being persecuted for their beliefs, so they set out to find a place of peace for themselves.  Many of them perished along the trek to Utah, but it looked so much like the holy land to them, that's where they settled.  The faith is actually one of tolerance and love, I think most religions are based on those premises. 

I don't believe in messing with people's beliefs. THAT is what Smith and his clan did though. If they'd have just gone on to Utah in a peaceful manner....but they tried to shove thier "Religion" down people's throats and some badly over reacted. But were these people wrong for killing a person who ordered the murders of many who didn't believe in his lies? Yes, the Mormons are a kind and loving bunch but thier whole foundation for existence is based on Joe's book of lies :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/05/05 at 2:51 pm

Maybe Anna Nicole can get gigs doing voice-over work for cartoons!
;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/05/05 at 5:49 pm

That would be easy. Go into the political and religious topics forum and say something about Scientology. Like, "That L. Ron Hubbard! What a whackjob he was! Founded a philosophical school and then called it a church to avoid taxes!" Or something. :)

Hmm I could . . .  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/05/05 at 5:50 pm

As for Anna Nicole, imo, she's gross, but she's got plenty of loot and I don't >:(. 

Yeah.  >:(  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 6:17 pm

Maybe Anna Nicole can get gigs doing voice-over work for cartoons!
;D

or do some pornography. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/05/05 at 6:28 pm

No, we don't want the kiddos to think that cartoon characters are on drugs :D

Tee hee  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...