inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone seen those mobile phone adverts for ringtones and fun sounds?

Written By: Stompgal on 01/02/05 at 11:50 am

I have and they're very annoying. They seem to come on whenever I watch MTV. There's a Crazy Frog one and another one for fun sounds.

Subject: Re: Has anyone seen those mobile phone adverts for ringtones and fun sounds?

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 12:35 pm

I'm with you there, Stompgal! That crazy frog is enough to drive anybody crazy! I hear it on VH1 Classics all the time. Who in their right mind would want such an annoying ring tone?

Subject: Re: Has anyone seen those mobile phone adverts for ringtones and fun sounds?

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 8:05 pm

everybody wants to be different so everybody wants to be the in crowd.What else is new? ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/05 at 9:15 pm

everybody wants to be different so everybody wants to be the in crowd.What else is new? ::)

Have you heard this crazy frog, Howard. Nobody in their right mind (fashion conscious or not) would want that on their mobile. However, you have said what I say about fashion victims . . .

"Everybody wants to look the same so they can be different."  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 9:37 pm

Have you heard this crazy frog, Howard. Nobody in their right mind (fashion conscious or not) would want that on their mobile. However, you have said what I say about fashion victims . . .

"Everybody wants to look the same so they can be different."  ;D

I don't care about a frog ring tone.I just want a regular ring tone.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 2:42 pm

I don't care about a frog ring tone.I just want a regular ring tone.

Good for you. Or maybe put your favourite song on mobile? I have 'The Final Countdown' by Europe on mine.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 3:31 pm

When I had my old phone, I originally just used the regular "Nokia tune", but would get annoyed when out in public and a phone would ring just like mine, but it wouldn't be mine so I switched it.  Now that I've got a different phone, I can have different ring tones for everyone so I know who's calling without even looking at my phone :P

That's a great idea, 80s cheerleader.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 4:44 pm

Thanks, Bobby!  It's good to know that a few good ideas come out of this brain of mine :D

You do yourself an injustice, 80s cheerleader.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 4:51 pm

Good for you. Or maybe put your favourite song on mobile? I have 'The Final Countdown' by Europe on mine.  :)

I don't need a song.for me,I choose the tones that Nokia gave me.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 4:53 pm

How does everyone carry their phone when it rings?

belt buckle
in your pocket
carry it around like a chain

just wondering. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 5:03 pm

I'm thinking of changing my ring tone again. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 5:05 pm

Well, when it rings, I usually hold it in my hand up to my ear ;D ;)

Since the clips keep breaking, mine's usually either a) in the car, b) in my purse or c) in the little Coach pouch I got for Christmas last year specifically to hold it that hangs on the handle of my purse :P

as I see it when the weather gets cold,I carry it in my pocket but when the weather gets much warmer,I carry it on my belt buckle so my phone is visible to the whole wide world. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 5:17 pm

Nah, it's just that lately, I've been sooooo scatterbrained, it's scary :D  Not to mention the headache that I've had since BEFORE New Year's Eve that just won't go away is making my thinking a bit fuzzy >:(

It wasn't the booze giving you the headache, was it?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:10 pm

It seems like everywhere you go now,you see ads for cell phones and jingles. ::)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:18 pm

teehee, actually, the headache started BEFORE I started drinking on NYE...I thought maybe it would dull it a bit ;)

were you on your cell phone when you were drinking? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:27 pm

Nope, I do not drink & dial ;D ;D ;D

that's good.just imagine what would happen? ;D

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/03/05 at 6:30 pm

I am too much of a cheapskate to ever purchase a ring tone.  :-\\

LB

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:32 pm

I am too much of a cheapskate to ever purchase a ring tone.  :-\\

LB

then how does your cell phone ring? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 5:00 pm

I'd probably end up with some massive phone bill calling Australia or something ;D

It'll depend on how drunk you were at the time. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 5:01 pm

What's your favorite ring tone(s)?

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 5:15 pm

For my old phone, I had a-Ha's "Take On Me", but with the new one, the version was polyphonic and I didn't like it so I use a variety of the ones that came with my phone.

I kinda like the weird ones.The ones that sound really crazy. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/04/05 at 6:35 pm

Nope, I do not drink & dial ;D ;D ;D

I know people that do lol. They spend the next day trying to decipher what they have written in their outbox!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/04/05 at 6:36 pm

then how does your cell phone ring? ;D

Titter (I never thought I would be laughing so much on a phone thread  ;D).

Written By: Bobby on 01/04/05 at 6:37 pm

I kinda like the weird ones.The ones that sound really crazy. ;D

I'm warning you, don't choose Crazy Frog . . .  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 6:40 pm

I'm warning you, don't choose Crazy Frog . . .   ;D

how about a chirping bird or cricket? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 6:41 pm

I know people that do lol. They spend the next day trying to decipher what they have written in their outbox!  ;D

and most likely wind up with thousands in their outbox. ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/04/05 at 6:42 pm

how about a chirping bird or cricket? ;D

Hmm. I suppose so.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 6:44 pm

Hmm. I suppose so.

then people would think I have a bird or cricket in my pocket.I'll just choose a regular jingle instead. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/04/05 at 7:03 pm

then people would think I have a bird or cricket in my pocket.I'll just choose a regular jingle instead. ;D

Got any favourites?

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 7:19 pm

Got any favourites?

I'll have to check my phone for that. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 5:33 pm

Well, I never said that I don't drink & Text Message ;)  I've ended up sending some pretty steamy ones to the wrong number :o

and what did this wrong number have to say to you cheerleader? ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/05/05 at 5:45 pm

Well, I never said that I don't drink & Text Message ;)  I've ended up sending some pretty steamy ones to the wrong number :o

Lol! Classic!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 6:07 pm

I've changed my ring tone to "Canter".It just sounds funny! ;D

Howard

Written By: karen on 01/06/05 at 8:02 am

I've just set my phone to a normal ringing tone.  It croaks like a frog for text messages though. And the alarm is set to play "can you feel it?"

I can't see myself ever paying out for a ring tone tune.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 3:33 pm

Would anyone download ring tones from the internet? ???

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/08/05 at 5:56 pm

Well, I never said that I don't drink & Text Message ;) I've ended up sending some pretty steamy ones to the wrong number :o

My friend Gorm sent a text message to his grandma that was intended to go to his girlfriend Gemma.. you can see how this happened.

It involved tounges and orrifices  :o

At the moment i have This Love by Maroon 5.. this is because my friend Nick sent me about 10 through bluetooth.

And i carry mine in my pocket... like i carry 8,000,000 other things in my numerous pockets.

But annoyingly my phone isn't like tri-band or whatever it is called so when i move to STL i will have to purchase a new one  >:(

Written By: Howard on 01/08/05 at 7:58 pm

I change my ring tones once in a while so that it doesn't sound like any other shmoo's phone on the street. ::)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...