inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another reason I won't be visiting the mall anytime soon...

Written By: Jessica on 01/05/05 at 2:14 pm

And it doesn't have anything to do with the overpriced cr*p they sell. :P

Shots Wound 3 At Northridge Mall

Subject: Re: Another reason I won't be visiting the mall anytime soon...

Written By: Marian on 01/05/05 at 3:28 pm

???Well,it's a bad thing,but if all the good people stop going to the mall,only bad people will be left!

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 5:14 pm

Wow,that's terrible. :(

Howard

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/06/05 at 12:04 am

Good point, Marian. The purpose of mall security is to keep the bad people away from the mall. So it's up to these officials to ensure the safety of all the people who use the stores for its intended purpose. Don't let a bunch of cretins ruin your shopping pleasure, Jessica. (Although I admit I don't frequent the mall, for different reasons other than safety concerns. :(
???Well,it's a bad thing,but if all the good people stop going to the mall,only bad people will be left!

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/06/05 at 10:50 am

I think that Mall Security is just there to wear a uniform and wear a belt of keys that jangle.
I never see them do much at the mall near me.

Written By: karen on 01/06/05 at 10:59 am

I think that Mall Security is just there to wear a uniform and wear a belt of keys that jangle.
I never see them do much at the mall near me.

The security staff at the local shopping centre come in two categories.  Either they look like wimpy school leavers - I seriously think I could beat them up if I wanted to- or they look like they retired from being a security guard somewhere else several years ago.  I reckon most fit people could out run them if so inclined.

Written By: Marian on 01/06/05 at 1:36 pm

The security staff at the local shopping centre come in two categories.  Either they look like wimpy school leavers - I seriously think I could beat them up if I wanted to- or they look like they retired from being a security guard somewhere else several years ago.  I reckon most fit people could out run them if so inclined.
ell,I would say that mall security personnel don't necessarily look like athletes who use steroids,but the ones i've seen look pretty serious to me.I wouldn';t suggest trying to beat them up,at any rate.Cheers!

Written By: nikiwicked on 01/07/05 at 4:35 pm

I stopped going to malls a long time ago because of the pack mentality of the teenagers that hang out there and think it's fun to harass people just trying to enjoy a shopping trip. Figures they'd have to get guns and start shooting at people for anyone to notice and care. Sometimes, words do hurt. The bullets usually follow. Why do we have to wait till these heathens become violent? their lack of respect for others should tell you it's only going to get worse. I suppose pouring a slushing from the upper tier onto someone in the lower tier would be funny had I not been the one on the lower level. ;D  There's nothing funny about taking a gun into a crowded public place, though.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/05 at 8:29 am

People get shot in malls, churches, hospitals, planes, subways, trains, busses, cars, on horseback, at work, at play, at the beach.  A woman in my hometown even got shot at her 'puter by her husband while she was having cyber"sex" with another man.

I'm running out of places to go where people don't get shot. :-X

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/08/05 at 6:15 pm

We don't have any Mall security over here... even in the really big ones and yet there is never any fighting.. must be a culture thing? Becuase we fight everywhere else LOL

Check for new replies or respond here...