inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP, I gotta know who does this song

Written By: nikiwicked on 01/07/05 at 4:38 pm

During promos for the movie "coach carter" there is a version of 'in the air tonight' playing. It's not on the movie soundtrack. anyone know who does the song or how i might find out????

Subject: Re: HELP, I gotta know who does this song

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/07/05 at 5:32 pm

I heard it a day before Christmas and In the Air Tonight SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE REMADE. It's Phil Collins' signature song and I think if anyone else tried to replicate it, the song would suck.
You just can't do "I REMEMBER..." without the vocorder.

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/08/05 at 12:26 am

I heard it a day before Christmas and In the Air Tonight SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE REMADE. It's Phil Collins' signature song and I think if anyone else tried to replicate it, the song would suck.
You just can't do "I REMEMBER..." without the vocorder.

While I think Phil's signature song is more likely "Sussudio", "Another Day In Paradise", or "Against All Odds", I agree that no one could do a cover that rocks as well as the original. In fact, I once read a critic refer to ITAT as "The Stairway To Heaven of the 80's".

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Tam on 01/15/05 at 10:30 pm

Hey Niki!

A couple of years back L'il Kim remade In The Air Tonight.
Dont know if this is the one you are looking for but it is the only one I know of!

Tam

Check for new replies or respond here...