inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rumors Are True: Brad and J.A. Split Up

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/07/05 at 9:05 pm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=8&u=/ap/20050108/ap_on_en_tv/aniston_pitt_split

Subject: Re: Rumors Are True: Brad and J.A. Split Up

Written By: danootaandme on 01/08/05 at 8:00 am

Heavens! how will we go on.  If a perfectly sculpted Hollywood power-couple can split up
then marriage as an institution is in serious trouble. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/05 at 8:22 am

Time for LyricBoy to make his move...  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/08/05 at 9:44 am

Heavens! how will we go on. If a perfectly sculpted Hollywood power-couple can split up
then marriage as an institution is in serious trouble. ::)

ROFLMAO! :)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/08/05 at 10:08 am

I told Mom about it when I saw it this morning and she said "Why do you think that's funny? That's immature!".
It IS funny because it was going to come sooner or later.
I mean, come on, how is that relationship going to work if Brad is on location a million miles away from Jen shooting those stupid gladiator movies that he does?

Subject: quick question

Written By: meneina on 01/08/05 at 10:43 am

Time for LyricBoy to make his move...  ;)

Hi lyricboy hopefully you can help are you any good with rap songs

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/08/05 at 11:24 am

My life will somehow go on!

Tanya

Written By: Hairspray on 01/08/05 at 1:42 pm

No matter how rich they are, no matter how pretty they are, no matter how perfect they may seem, Hollywood couples are no role models for the institution of marriage. :P I'm thinking that next to the military, Hollywood probably has the higherst divorce rate in the country. Too bad, so sad.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/08/05 at 3:12 pm

I reluctantly thought it was inevitable, but they did look like THE PERFECT COUPLE, as some mags would say.
On the bright side, that means Jen is available again. :)

It IS funny because it was going to come sooner or later.

I agree with your take on Hollywood couples. I disagree with the military part. Besides churches and family groups, no organization covets the sanctity of marriage more that the military. In fact, the officers frown on divorces because the troops need all the support they can get. Stressful? Yes. Leading to broken marriages? Not as much as one might think.

No matter how rich they are, no matter how pretty they are, no matter how perfect they may seem, Hollywood couples are no role models for the institution of marriage. :P I'm thinking that next to the military, Hollywood probably has the higherst divorce rate in the country. Too bad, so sad.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/08/05 at 3:32 pm

I reluctantly thought it was inevitable, but they did look like THE PERFECT COUPLE, as some mags would say.
On the bright side, that means Jen is available again. :)

I agree with your take on Hollywood couples. I disagree with the military part. Besides churches and family groups, no organization covets the sanctity of marriage more that the military. In fact, the officers frown on divorces because the troops need all the support they can get. Stressful? Yes. Leading to broken marriages? Not as much as one might think.

Please bottom post reply the quotes that you use. I thought you were talking to ME about the military part.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/08/05 at 3:37 pm

Please bottom post reply the quotes that you use. I thought you were talking to ME about the military part.

I wasn't, AngeFaiore, but I'll abide by your request.

Written By: Jessica on 01/08/05 at 4:01 pm

Honestly, I think they split up because Brad is gay.

And trust me, I'm not the only one that thinks this. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/05 at 4:03 pm

I'd rather split up my skull with a sledgehammer than have to hear about Brad and J.A.'s "split up."
:P

Written By: saver on 01/08/05 at 5:29 pm

Okay for 2005 predictions..WERE ANY PSYCHICS COMING OUT TO SAY THEY PREDICTED THIS???? :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/05 at 6:03 pm

Honestly, I think they split up because Brad is gay.

And trust me, I'm not the only one that thinks this. :P

I tend to agree.  I mean, if I had Jennifer Aniston waiting at home for me, I would not be out filming Ocean's 12.  I'd be home making my own movies.

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/08/05 at 6:09 pm

From the people that bought you one night in paris is..

Jenifer Aniston - One Night In Rehab

That's right folks for only $34.99 you can see The Legend Killer, The Lady Thriller Al-Cho-Hol-I-Ca Wine, Dine and Make The Sublime with Hollywood Starlet Jenifer Aniston.

Me thinks she got my letters  ;)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/08/05 at 6:31 pm

I think that Nick and Jessica are next.

Written By: Mergal on 01/08/05 at 6:39 pm

Oh my gosh, what a shocker!  :o 

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I saw it couple.  My other predictions: Nick/Jessica then Catherine Zeta-Jones/Michael Douglas.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/05 at 7:14 pm

They lasted longer than most current Hollywood marriages.

Written By: Mergal on 01/08/05 at 7:17 pm

Oh my gosh, what a shocker!  :o 

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I saw it couple.  My other predictions: Nick/Jessica then Catherine Zeta-Jones/Michael Douglas.

Ooops---I meant "coming" not "couple"!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/08/05 at 7:44 pm

Oh that's so sad.Oh well that's more Jennifer for me! ;)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/05 at 6:30 am

I think that Nick and Jessica are next.

I agree, Ange...

Nick and Jessica have already set the stage by publically proclaiming that their marriage is rock solid.

That is always the prelude to a splitup, like with Jacko and Lisa Marie, Richard Gere and thet model he used to be married to, and Mike Tyson and that golddigger he was married to.  It's the kiss of death to any marriage.  :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/09/05 at 7:38 am

I agree, Ange...

Nick and Jessica have already set the stage by publically proclaiming that their marriage is rock solid.

That is always the prelude to a splitup, like with Jacko and Lisa Marie, Richard Gere and thet model he used to be married to, and Mike Tyson and that golddigger he was married to.  It's the kiss of death to any marriage.   :-\\

Acccck! Please don't mention Jacko and Lisa Marie! That was the second most ackward kiss on TV next to Angelina Jolie and her brother and David Gest and Liza Mannelli!  :o  ::)  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/09/05 at 10:40 am

Absolutely. In fact, it is incredibly difficult for a couple in Hollywood because not only do they have high demanding jobs (sometimes appearing to have sex with other actors in films) they also have high demands on each other because, in their eyes, they have the money, looks and busy social lives. It's as if they expect perfection to happen because these variables are in place. For example, that 'marriage' between Liza Minelli and David Guest fell apart in days and no amount of fanfare or celebrity guests could save it - because they had real life to contend with afterwards (which is never perfect).

Written By: McDonald on 01/09/05 at 7:28 pm

I'd rather split up my skull with a sledgehammer than have to hear about Brad and J.A.'s "split up."
:P

Seriously, I know what you mean. They should just go to Hollywood and select a group of individuals to be the United States Royal Family, since that's how they are looked at anyways... At least then there would be some degree of consistency.

Does this sound absurd to anyone...? That's because it is.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/05 at 8:18 pm

And this story had to be front page news? Are they out of their minds? >:(

Howard

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/09/05 at 9:46 pm

They say that in public, but let's see if they say that two or three years from now. I believe MTV is paying them to stay together, because "Newlyweds" is the only show that "anybody" watches on the network now. ::)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 01/10/05 at 2:02 am

I could care less, my brother was pretty shooken up about it though.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/05 at 6:27 am

I could care less, my brother was pretty shooken up about it though.  :-\\

Taint,

Your brother needs to get a hobby.  ;D

Written By: goodsin on 01/10/05 at 9:14 am

I'm a bit gutted. Obviously it's sad for those concerned, but this week UK bookmakers were offering 5-1 odds on them splitting up this year, and I didn't lay a bet! I hope Brad Pitt does turn out to be gay, as suggested in a previous thread- It'd be like George Michael, women wasted their lust hormones on him for years before the truth "came out"... :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/10/05 at 9:27 am

He has a kind of.. aura about him dosen't he.. i wonder what odds you could get on him coming out?

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/10/05 at 11:29 am

It was always pretty obvious that George Michael was gay.
I mean, his music and all the videos with supermodels were a dead givaway...

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/10/05 at 5:45 pm

If Brad Pitt turns out to be gay, how would he have that child he's been wanting? Adoption? Or In Vitro (of course you may need a surrogate.)/ :-\\
I'm a bit gutted. Obviously it's sad for those concerned, but this week UK bookmakers were offering 5-1 odds on them splitting up this year, and I didn't lay a bet! I hope Brad Pitt does turn out to be gay, as suggested in a previous thread- It'd be like George Michael, women wasted their lust hormones on him for years before the truth "came out"... :o

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 6:07 pm

He has a kind of.. aura about him dosen't he.. i wonder what odds you could get on him coming out?

Are you saying you want to be "coming out"? :o ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 6:08 pm

I could care less. :P

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/10/05 at 6:09 pm

LOL.. i'd be perfectly happy to make some money on it

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 6:10 pm

LOL.. i'd be perfectly happy to make some money on it

where? The National Enquirer? ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/10/05 at 6:11 pm

LOL sure why not..

Actually i do have a question..What are the names of the national bookmakers chains in the US?

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 6:14 pm

LOL sure why not..

Actually i do have a question..What are the names of the national bookmakers chains in the US?

you would have to ask someone else.I don't know.I'm sorry. :-\\

Howard

Written By: McDonald on 01/10/05 at 6:17 pm

I hear that. You'd have to be blind and deaf not to instantly realise George Michael's gayness after the "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" video... That just proves that people, even women, are thoroughly prepared to believe what they want to.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 6:19 pm

Did you ever see the the video of what he was wearing in Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go? :P

Howard

Written By: roXie on 01/14/05 at 6:13 am

BRAD AND JEN ARE NO MORE??!!  :o I have no reason to LIVE!!! :\'( :\'( *slits wrists and jumps off building*

roXie
(sarcasm ,of course)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/05 at 6:18 am

LOL sure why not..

There aren't any.  Each state regulates it's own forms of gambling.  Here in Masschusetts we
have a lottery, horse racing,
and we used to have dog racing, but the track closed.

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/14/05 at 3:11 pm

Boo-hoo.  So what?  I saw it all coming.  Two pretty, self-absorbed, rich, sickening heartthrob 'celebrities' playing all schmoopie-schmoopie-kissy-face with each other in public and pissing on the sacred institution of marriage.  Disgusting.  They deserve to be divorced.  Their sham of a marriage was a cynical stunt hatched up by their respective 'representation', and was an affront to decent, hardworking married couples everywhere struggling valiantly not to hate each other as their lives together spiral downward into that inevitable black hole of resentment and despair.  These vapid, talentless, unjustifiably rich, "look at me-I'm-so-famous" Hollywood types have no right to be happy in the first place. 

What I can't believe is that you people even care about this sort of celebrity nonsense.  I don't have time to waste even thinking about these vulgar, superficial, intellectually bankrupt spawn of Satan.  I hate them.  I hate the children they'll never have.  I hate every film they've ever made.  How can you even waste your time thinking about these people, much less wasting your time talking about them on a messageboard?  Pathetic, that's all I can say.

Check for new replies or respond here...