inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle on DVD

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 01/09/05 at 1:02 pm

;D

LOVE this film!!  It is so hilarious!  I didn't think I would like it, but a friend of mine had the DVD and it was way better then I thought.  Harold and Kumar are Ivy league college roommates that look to find the White Castle burger joint in New Jersey, and their trip takes them on an all night whacked out adventure where they run into all kinds of crazies.  There's plenty of weed to be smoked here by these guys too.  The film explores familiar territory done in previous stoner comedies like Cheech & Chong and Bill & Ted, but in an original way.  Plus you can tell it's made for a slightly older audience.  There a few old school nods for those of us that grew up in the 80s and 90s.  You don't have to be a 2000s teenager to love this movie.  It was a nice change of pace seeing an Asian and Indian in the lead of a major Hollywood movie as well.  Watch this flick!   

:)

Subject: Re: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle on DVD

Written By: sputnikcorp on 01/09/05 at 1:28 pm

i'm going to rent it tonight.

Subject: Re: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle on DVD

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/05 at 1:56 am

I missed this thread a while back.  This movie is very well done, and a riot to boot.  I was surprised how much I liked it and how memorable a film it is.   I recommend it most highly!
http://www.cincinnati.com/freetime/movies/reviews/img/haroldandkumar.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...