inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: thats 70 show episode needs to be pulled off the air

Written By: rose stephens on 01/11/05 at 11:56 pm

>:( :(

i am very dissapointed in the episode that is coming up soon with the guys calling the white house and threatening them. this bothers me tremendously. so many people have been killed during the world trade center fiascal and they want to put a show on that jokes about threatening the white house. i believe this is very discriminating to the public and me as well. wake up america terrorist are nothing to joke about. my heart truly goes out to all the families that lost loved ones during this trying time. this no joking matter. i think the episode should be pulled off the air. what are the producers and writers thinking about. i truly disagree with this episode, i wouldn't want noone seeing it. there is other ways of making money then at the expense of brokenhearted, bruised and battered americans. please pull this episode as soon as possible.

very upset rose stephens

Subject: Re: thats 70 show episode needs to be pulled off the air

Written By: Apricot on 01/12/05 at 2:24 pm

My bets?

1. You're not alone.
2. It is kind of offensive, but don't let it get away from what it is- an immature joke.
3. This board is going to be moved to politics.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/12/05 at 3:45 pm

My bets?

1. You're not alone.
2. It is kind of offensive, but don't let it get away from what it is- an immature joke.
3. This board is going to be moved to politics.

This THREAD is going to be moved to politics.  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 01/12/05 at 3:52 pm

This THREAD is going to be moved to politics.  ::)

Sorry, don't get all  ::) on me.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/05 at 4:35 pm

Why? what's wrong with That's 70's Show? ???

Howard

Written By: Icy on 01/12/05 at 7:17 pm

Why? what's wrong with That's 70's Show? ???

Just one episode that's gonna piss a whole lot of people off. Otherwise, it's okay. This just crossed a line FOX knew would be there, and shouldn't be crossed. Simple as that.

Written By: 80s Lady on 01/12/05 at 9:45 pm

Ok, I'm confused here...as per usual, and I really shouldn't post until I go dig up info on what exactly it is that this thread is about and what the episode is about...HOWEVER, I suppose it's not going to stop me.  I'll repost and apologize later if I'm way off the mark.....BUT:  Now let me get this straight, it's perfectly ok with you to have the constant underage drinking, pot smoking in every episode and sex out of marriage.....but it's NOT ok to have the kids prank call the whitheouse??

And I could again be way off target here, but isn't That 70's Show, well, set in the 70's??  I don't think we were concerned about terrorists then (as the term is used today), it was well before 9/11/01, there was no Department of Homeland Security and the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction" had still yet to be coined!  If the kids from That 70's Show call the Whitheouse....I'm gonna lay my money down that G.W. ain't gonna be the one that answers the phone!!!

Ok....I'm off to find out what the story is all about.........

Written By: danootaandme on 01/13/05 at 5:29 pm

I saw the episode and LMAO.  Get a grip.  How old are you?

Written By: Howard on 01/13/05 at 5:53 pm

Just one episode that's gonna tick a whole lot of people off. Otherwise, it's okay. This just crossed a line FOX knew would be there, and shouldn't be crossed. Simple as that.

Is that episode gonna air here in New York? ???

Howard

Written By: jaytee on 01/13/05 at 9:16 pm

I saw the episode and LMAO.  Get a grip.  How old are you?

My thoughts exactly. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/05 at 10:57 pm

Feh!  "That '70s Show" shouldn't have been aired in the first place.  It lead to "That '80s Show" and encourages the narrative of recent history exclusively in the form of pop cult culture trends (ala "I Love the '80s," etc. on VH1).  A sixteen year-old today is more likely to know "hot pants" than "Roe v. Wade," and that's a problem.
::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/05 at 11:51 am

Feh!  "That '70s Show" shouldn't have been aired in the first place.  It lead to "That '80s Show" and encourages the narrative of recent history exclusively in the form of pop cult culture trends (ala "I Love the '80s," etc. on VH1).  A sixteen year-old today is more likely to know "hot pants" than "Roe v. Wade," and that's a problem.
::)

if it were strictly about politics and world events, no one would watch, and what would the point be then?

Written By: Marian on 01/14/05 at 2:54 pm

Ok, I'm confused here...as per usual, and I really shouldn't post until I go dig up info on what exactly it is that this thread is about and what the episode is about...HOWEVER, I suppose it's not going to stop me.  I'll repost and apologize later if I'm way off the mark.....BUT:  Now let me get this straight, it's perfectly ok with you to have the constant underage drinking, pot smoking in every episode and sex out of marriage.....but it's NOT ok to have the kids prank call the whitheouse??

And I could again be way off target here, but isn't That 70's Show, well, set in the 70's??  I don't think we were concerned about terrorists then (as the term is used today), it was well before 9/11/01, there was no Department of Homeland Security and the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction" had still yet to be coined!  If the kids from That 70's Show call the Whitheouse....I'm gonna lay my money down that G.W. ain't gonna be the one that answers the phone!!!

Ok....I'm off to find out what the story is all about.........

:oI agree with the fact that it being set in the 70s giving it a different take,and from what I remember we weren't as concerned about terrorists--we had jokes like the ayatollah is an a$$ahollah,stuff like that.I think the show did it from a 70s perspective.Cheers!

Written By: smashlee_skye on 01/19/05 at 1:14 am

wah wah wah...come one guys...it's just a tv show. if terrorism stops people from going about their everyday lives and begins to cause censorship, it is winning, isn't it? Just have a laugh for cripe's sakes :-D

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/19/05 at 10:40 am

As the nephew of someone in the Gulf, I understand where you're coming from, Rose. But you gotta admit, 80s lady has some very good points, especially about the stuff you're NOT complaining about!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/05 at 6:11 pm

if it were strictly about politics and world events, no one would watch, and what would the point be then?

I agree.  In fact, I think the study of pop culture is important.  I just find today's pop culture take on yesteryear a bit too ditzy!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 8:45 pm

Don't watch it. I never like the Rosie O'Donnel Show so....I watched or did something else :)

Written By: none on 01/30/05 at 6:13 am

If u would bother to watch the episode u would see tha they are not treating the white house so i suggest u watch and shut your pie hole

Check for new replies or respond here...