inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cell Phone Use While Driving Now Illegal

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/16/05 at 12:49 pm

Cell Phone Use While Driving

I don't know if you've heard, but starting Jan 1, 2005 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands free" adapter.

I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a boom microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.

These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid $0.08 each because he bought in quantity. I'm selling them for only $1.00.

I tried them out on Erickson, Motorola, Nokia and Verizon phones and they worked perfectly.

A photo is included, please scroll down;

Subject: Re: Cell Phone Use While Driving Now Illegal

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/17/05 at 1:48 am

Its been illegal here for years. Its the number 2 cause of all motor accidents - coming close second to outright stupidity !!!!

Written By: Tam on 01/17/05 at 1:58 am

Cell Phone Use While Driving

I don't know if you've heard, but starting Jan 1, 2005 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands free" adapter.

I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a boom microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.

These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid $0.08 each because he bought in quantity. I'm selling them for only $1.00.

I tried them out on Erickson, Motorola, Nokia and Verizon phones and they worked perfectly.

Mark

That is some seious funny sh*t!

Written By: gord on 01/17/05 at 3:43 pm

hmm. 1 dollar American, thats like 22.50 Canadian, can you do any better ;)

Written By: My name is Kenny on 01/17/05 at 6:09 pm

Way to go; we've outlawed the ninth biggest cause of traffic accidents.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/05 at 6:21 pm

Way to go; we've outlawed the ninth biggest cause of traffic accidents.

The number one cause of traffic accidents is driving, so if we outlaw driving, the roads will be 100% safer!  Chew on that one Ralph Nader!

Hey, the rubber band man!  Haw haw haw!  That's a good one!

Uh, I don't even own a cell phone, let alone drive with one.  When did Congress pass this law?  There was so much argy-bargy about cell phones and driving I just sort of tuned it all out.
;D

Written By: Howard on 01/17/05 at 7:42 pm

How about a law stating that Cell Phone usage while walking and talking should be illegal?  ::)

I kinda like the picture but wouldn't it look weird while on the street? ;D

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/17/05 at 8:24 pm

LOLOLOLOOL!!!!

BTW....the real handsfree devices plug into your phone and the earpiece hooks onto your outer ear...like a Dictaphone's headset.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/17/05 at 8:27 pm

LOLOLOLOOL!!!!

BTW....the real handsfree devices plug into your phone and the earpiece hooks onto your outer ear...like a Dictaphone's headset.
I have a hands free....I love it. Before I had it I never drove while using it. If I HAD to take a call and it was safe...I pulled over :)

Written By: Howard on 01/17/05 at 8:37 pm

LOLOLOLOOL!!!!

I see too much of that here in the New York City area.I would think people are talking to themselves. ::)

Howard

Written By: saver on 01/18/05 at 6:42 pm

If you need to make a call go to LA.A it is still okay to use them there as they think the problem on the road is distraction NOT talking on a phone..if you know more that could change this in LA. let them know!!!They may need it, but people complain they need the phone....hands free or whatever..

Written By: Howard on 01/18/05 at 6:58 pm

I guess people don't understand that cell phones are illegal.They don't care. ::)

Howard

Written By: Marian on 01/19/05 at 2:06 pm

:o :oI wish it was illegal in california1Cheers!

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/19/05 at 2:25 pm

Good. 

Now can we mandate 'vibrate only' phones? 

And 'shut-the-phuck-up-nobody-else-needs-to-hear-your-goddam-conversation' legislation?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 6:04 pm

Good. 

Now can we mandate 'vibrate only' phones? 

And 'shut-the-phuck-up-nobody-else-needs-to-hear-your-goddam-conversation' legislation?

>:( *high fives Leo* You got that right. ::)

Howard

Written By: saratoga954 on 01/21/05 at 7:30 pm

Is that everywhere? Because I've still seen alot of people using them while driving. It's so annoying!

Check for new replies or respond here...