inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Judge awards my family $200 for my son Blaine being murdered at subway

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/18/05 at 11:41 pm

My son Blaine was murdered at work in 2001. He worked at subway. He was the victim of a robbery. His co-worker Jennifer, who he protected from the gunshot that killed him, did NOT know where the panic button was located, as she was not thoroughly trained, and thus had no chance to alert police who were a mere block away during this time. And so it was today, with what would have been Blaine's 21st birthday coming on Monday, a judge awarded me family a paltry $200 and stated that subay is not liable for my sons death. I will not breath my last breathe until I can form some sort of organization that alerts employers to protect employees from this kind of horrid crime....what are your thoughts :-\\ I cringe everytime I see or hear a subway commercial..and so do Blaine's brothers :\'(

Subject: Re: Judge awards my family $200 for my son Blaine being murdered at subway

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/18/05 at 11:45 pm

shocking and very sad,Mark..also unbelievable that it took so long for such a pathetic decision.

Subject: Re: Judge awards my family $200 for my son Blaine being murdered at subway

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/18/05 at 11:51 pm

shocking and very sad,Mark..also unbelievable that it took so long for such a pathetic decision.
Thank you, Maria :-* I left out that we had requested that any money awarded go to educating employers to better protect thier employees. I vow to begin an organization that can do just this....maybe that can be my present/promise to Blaine on Monday...his 21st birthday

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/18/05 at 11:54 pm

Thank you, Maria :-* I left out that we had requested that any money awarded go to educating employers to better protect thier employees. I vow to begin an organization that can do just this....maybe that can be my present/promise to Blaine on Monday...his 21st birthday

sounds like a plan  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 9:37 am

I'm sorry Mark, but I have to agree with the judge unless you sued the private owner of the particular franchise where he worked.  I think you might have a case there for negligence in not training the employees thoroughly.  There is nothing that Subway (or any company) could have done to prevent this type of crime.  It's the criminal who is to blame.
It was indeed the person and the franchise they owned that we were suing. As for the bohemith head offices, they had a new franchise owner placed and for a whopping 3 weeks they adopted a policy that nobody under 25 would work there unless they were with at least 2 other people over 25, especially at night. Like I said, 3 weeks went by and they had tens back in there and sometimes just 1 person by themselves. The whole point of our case was to try and open "subways" eyes to the need for adults with the kids....possibly even, dare I suggest to them....a security guard....or even a security guard to come in during the last couple hours so that these kids aren't all alone when it's time to close up and go home. I'm sorry for not being more clear in the original post....I'm still pretty upset but my head is clearer.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/19/05 at 9:48 am

I think that Subway is at fault, for not telling the employees ahead of time where the panic button is located, but unfortunatly, that's the legal system for you.  >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 10:03 am

I think that Subway is at fault, for not telling the employees ahead of time where the panic button is located, but unfortunatly, that's the legal system for you.  >:(
I appreciate that Jamie, but like Cheer said, it was the franchise that erred. I just believe that the huge cooperation should be doing a LOT more to protect thier employees. Heck, even the local 7-11's have thier employees supplied with a panic button in thier pocket. It's just ridiculous how subway doesn't offer better protection. I'm working with an organization out here called M.O.M.Y (Mothers Of Murdered Youth) trying to get something going to wake these places up!

Written By: bj26 on 01/19/05 at 11:03 am

He saved the life of another person, the greatest deed, and he lives on within his Mother and you. Try to channel your thoughts so as not to see all the horrors in the world, and take comfort in music and song, the things you love.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/19/05 at 11:19 am

You can't put a price on pain and suffering, Mark. This judge was wrong and should not be practicing law, let alone criminal law. I hope you'll receive a better settlement in another court.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 11:22 am

He saved the life of another person, the greatest deed, and he lives on within his Mother and you. Try to channel your thoughts so as not to see all the horrors in the world, and take comfort in music and song, the things you love.
Thanks bj26....I just want subway and other places like them that employ kids, to DO something so this doesn't have to happen to anyone else.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 11:28 am

You can't put a price on pain and suffering, Mark. This judge was wrong and should not be practicing law, let alone criminal law. I hope you'll receive a better settlement in another court.
I would've liked to been able to start an organization to "Educate" these places on employee safety. subway makes enough money to have a security guard on duty at least in the last hour or two ::)

Written By: neebs25 on 01/19/05 at 11:33 am

Im very sorry about your loss, how terrible.  I think you should of received much more compensation, especially for the cause it was going to.  Is the a**hole who did this behind bars?  I really hope so.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/19/05 at 11:43 am

I too am very sorry to hear this.  I think it's admirable that your goal is to make the workplace safer for other people.  I can't believe the judge awarded $200.00 knowing that this is what you wanted to do.  Why award anything at all? 

I wish you the best of luck in your orgizational endeavors.  Please keep us all posted on your progress, and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Written By: Jessica on 01/19/05 at 1:09 pm

That sucks, especially because any money would have went to help train people to deal with incidents such as this. Stupid judge. :P

Written By: joedeertae on 01/19/05 at 2:14 pm

NO! That's a slap in the face as I see it. Like Ashkicksa*s said "Why award anything at all?" That's just wrong.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 2:26 pm

That's a bit clearer...thanks.  I still don't think a security guard would've done much good.  My SIL works for a bank that has armed security guards and they've been robbed 3 times in the past year in broad daylight.  These people were hell bent on robbing the store and would've done it whether an adult or 2 were there or not.   That being said, I still think the franchise owner was negligent for not showing every employee where the panic button was.  It's up to the employer to provide security.  I asked a friend of mine who works at a 7-11 about the pocket panic buttons & she said that they don't have them at any of the stores (3) she manages, but she thought it was a good idea.  However, one of her stores was robbed when there was a cop inside (using the "facilities") with his car parked right outside the front door :o
Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't clear in the first place....I shouldn't post right after recieving news like that :-\\ As for your reply....I think that if people are crazy enough they will do anything at any time. It's just that in that situation where Blaine died....I honestly believe it would not have happened had thier been better security. For instance....a detective told us that there was a cop just a block away when it was happening....panic button pushed....cop hits the sirens and the idiot runs out without shooting Blaine. I know, I know....I go on and on about this but I'm trying to deal with it in such a way so that others may have a better chance to survive a robbery. Bottom line for Blaine, like he told me twice in dreams...I must let him go and just know that he is alright. Easier said than done, especially this time of year, and of course in April :\'(

Written By: gord on 01/19/05 at 3:57 pm

The decision aside I just want to say how sorry I am for you Mark, as a father I couldn't imagine such a loss, my condolences to you and your family

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 4:30 pm

The decision aside I just want to say how sorry I am for you Mark, as a father I couldn't imagine such a loss, my condolences to you and your family

NO! That's a slap in the face as I see it. Like Ashkicksa*s said "Why award anything at all?" That's just wrong.

That sucks, especially because any money would have went to help train people to deal with incidents such as this. Stupid judge. :P

I too am very sorry to hear this. I think it's admirable that your goal is to make the workplace safer for other people. I can't believe the judge awarded $200.00 knowing that this is what you wanted to do. Why award anything at all?

I wish you the best of luck in your orgizational endeavors. Please keep us all posted on your progress, and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Im very sorry about your loss, how terrible. I think you should of received much more compensation, especially for the cause it was going to. Is the a**hole who did this behind bars? I really hope so.

Thanks to all of you for making today a little more bearable.....

Written By: Bobby on 01/19/05 at 6:26 pm

I voted 'unfair' too. I see so many compensation adverts saying they have awarded Mrs Smith from Hampshire £500 (about $800?) because she slipped and fell at work.

Sorry for the bad decision, I hope you can get an appeal very soon. I hope we can collectively help you in some small way to get through this troubling time.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/05 at 6:47 pm

Those pocket alarms are great to have.  I used to work at 7-11 and we had the remotes and the panic button.  I only had to use the panic button once, but the police are very quick about responding.

The $200 doesn't sound fair, but did the judge give any reasoning as to why he awarded so little?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 6:54 pm

Those pocket alarms are great to have.  I used to work at 7-11 and we had the remotes and the panic button.  I only had to use the panic button once, but the police are very quick about responding.

The $200 doesn't sound fair, but did the judge give any reasoning as to why he awarded so little?
Thanks for the support, Dagny :) Kim hit it on the head...the big coporation isn't hardly at all to blame. That falls on the franchise owner. I'm just trying to find a way to get something out there for subway and other places that hire kids, to be more aware of the danger they are placing them in and looking for more ways to protect them. In Blaine's case the cop that was a block away stated that he would've been there almost instantly....possibly changing the outcome, but we'll never know :-\\

Written By: Harmonica on 01/19/05 at 7:09 pm

Their is something deathly wrong with this world RocknRollfan. I want you to know that I care about you, your son, and the situation and your in my prayers.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 7:20 pm

Their is something deathly wrong with this world RocknRollfan. I want you to know that I care about you, your son, and the situation and your in my prayers.
I appreciate that very much, Harmonica :)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 7:23 pm

I'm sorry If I said something wrong Mark.I hope I didn't offend you. :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 7:28 pm

I'm sorry If I said something wrong Mark.I hope I didn't offend you. :(

Howard
Howard, no apology is neccessary. I appreciate knowing you and am happy you are in this wonderful community  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 7:29 pm

Howard, no apology is neccessary. I appreciate knowing you and am happy you are in this wonderful community  :)

Thank You. :)

Howard

Written By: 80s Lady on 01/19/05 at 7:46 pm

I read your post this morning and I wanted to respond then but I was at work and wanted to have the time to think about it, to have something amazingly uplifting to say to you to try to ease your pain.  Here it is nearly 10 hours later and what I've realized is that as a mother of two sons myself, I cannot for the life of me, in any shape form or fashion, imagine the kind of suffering that you've had to endure from the loss of your son, especially in such a callous, untimely way.

I just want you to know, from the bottom of my heart how truly and sincerely sorry that I am.  I know that all of us parents who have read your thread today will hug their children just a little bit tighter tonight.

Written By: Bobby on 01/19/05 at 8:02 pm

I read your post this morning and I wanted to respond then but I was at work and wanted to have the time to think about it, to have something amazingly uplifting to say to you to try to ease your pain.  Here it is nearly 10 hours later and what I've realized is that as a mother of two sons myself, I cannot for the life of me, in any shape form or fashion, imagine the kind of suffering that you've had to endure from the loss of your son, especially in such a callous, untimely way.

I just want you to know, from the bottom of my heart how truly and sincerely sorry that I am.  I know that all of us parents who have read your thread today will hug their children just a little bit tighter tonight.

Such a wonderful post, 80s lady.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/19/05 at 8:06 pm

I do not know what to say...that was very beautiful. If you were meaning to touch my soul, you more than succeeded.

Written By: joedeertae on 01/20/05 at 5:39 am

perfect.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/20/05 at 11:58 am

Very tragic and unfair, Mark.  There is obviously no way to tell when crimes like this are going to occur, but I agree with you in that the company should have hired security guards to help protect the kids that work there.  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/20/05 at 12:03 pm

Very tragic and unfair, Mark.  There is obviously no way to tell when crimes like this are going to occur, but I agree with you in that the company should have hired security guards to help protect the kids that work there.  :(
Thanks Karen, I appreciate your input :)

Written By: Howard on 01/20/05 at 3:42 pm

I know how you feel Mark.this coming June will make it 10 years since my brother passed away in his sleep from a diabetic coma.I don't know what else to say but you are in my prayers. ;)

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/20/05 at 4:00 pm

No, I don't think it's fair. I hope true justice is made of this horrible episode.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/20/05 at 4:19 pm

No, I don't think it's fair. I hope true justice is made of this horrible episode.

Tanya
Thanks, Tanya :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 01/21/05 at 6:51 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Of crouse it's not fair. Judges never seem to be fair do they.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 10:09 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Of crouse it's not fair. Judges never seem to be fair do they.
I sure don't think this one was..but Thanks, JohnTaylorsHeart :)

Written By: thebutcheress on 01/21/05 at 1:03 pm

I've been sitting thinking of the things I could say to show my sadness. I was unaware of how your son had died but remembered that he had.

I think that you can start and get money to help train people if companies feel that they can't waste their time\money on these small details.  >:(

I belong to A Red Cross group called Youth COuncil and we always do things and try to raise money fro causes that not many people know about. We have recently been trying to raise money fro the Measles INitiative (in Africa) but I think my group would jump at the chance to help, so that more young people are not murdered due to their lack of training. We are all high school students who have jobs and sometimes we all have to lock up at 11PM or Midnight.

The fact that you recieved a mere $200 for yours sons death, is nagging at my mind. WHy so little? What did the judge say? I don't mean to pry but this makes no sense to me. Your son died becuase of the negligence of the person who trained the workers.

I agree also that your sons death was not in vain, for there could have been 2 murders, and only one. Thanks to him. I hope hte girl he saved, will try and help you in your endeavors.

One way that you can make people aware is through the media. Write a small story and send it to as many newspapers as possible. More than liekly they will either print it or call and ask you about the incident. If Subways profits drop due to bad media, than they will make a change. Sorry to all the 15 year olds who want jobs, but I think saving people lives is more important than making money.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/05 at 3:05 pm

I hope you don't get upset If I asked you this. Do you have a special tree planted in his honor?  :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 3:38 pm

I hope you don't get upset If I asked you this. Do you have a special tree planted in his honor?  :(

Howard
Of course I won't get mad, Howard :) I actually moved a very small tree the day before he died. I put in a spot where I had tried a few times before to get a tree to grow, bad had no luck up to that point....anyway, Blaine came home from school that day and I remember him kinda smiling slyly at me. He told me something like, "Oh, trying another tree, huh?!". We both laughed together but that tree survived. Every time I drive by my old house I see that tree and think of him and that day....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 3:46 pm

I've been sitting thinking of the things I could say to show my sadness. I was unaware of how your son had died but remembered that he had.

I think that you can start and get money to help train people if companies feel that they can't waste their time\money on these small details.  >:(

I belong to A Red Cross group called Youth COuncil and we always do things and try to raise money fro causes that not many people know about. We have recently been trying to raise money fro the Measles INitiative (in Africa) but I think my group would jump at the chance to help, so that more young people are not murdered due to their lack of training. We are all high school students who have jobs and sometimes we all have to lock up at 11PM or Midnight.

The fact that you recieved a mere $200 for yours sons death, is nagging at my mind. WHy so little? What did the judge say? I don't mean to pry but this makes no sense to me. Your son died becuase of the negligence of the person who trained the workers.

I agree also that your sons death was not in vain, for there could have been 2 murders, and only one. Thanks to him. I hope hte girl he saved, will try and help you in your endeavors.

One way that you can make people aware is through the media. Write a small story and send it to as many newspapers as possible. More than liekly they will either print it or call and ask you about the incident. If Subways profits drop due to bad media, than they will make a change. Sorry to all the 15 year olds who want jobs, but I think saving people lives is more important than making money.

Wow! Thanks very much, thebutcheress! I really appreciate your reply. I am working on some things here and plan on getting Blaine's mom into this with me. As for the girl...Jennifer....I wish I could tell you that she is doing great but, she has attempted suicide 4 times since that horrible night. I see her as often as I possibly can, her mother and Jennifer are friends of my entire family, but she's had a very hard time trying to deal with this. Jennifer was called by some very cruel people right after it happened who actually told her they think SHE should've died instead of Blaine....jerks >:( Anyway, I have told her that Blaine saved her and she needs to live her life to the fullest. Blaine never got the chance to do what he wanted to but she was given another chance and I am trying to help her see that.  :\'( Here is a picture of her and her mother Julie at a gathering for him a couple years ago....she's holding the flowers....

Written By: Howard on 01/21/05 at 3:49 pm

Of course I won't get mad, Howard :) I actually moved a very small tree the day before he died. I put in a spot where I had tried a few times before to get a tree to grow, bad had no luck up to that point....anyway, Blaine came home from school that day and I remember him kinda smiling slyly at me. He told me something like, "Oh, trying another tree, huh?!". We both laughed together but that tree survived. Every time I drive by my old house I see that tree and think of him and that day....

that's nice Mark.  :) My Mother planted a tree after he died in 1995 and got some support from The American Diabetes Foundation.(He had diabetes). :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 3:58 pm

that's nice Mark.  :) My Mother planted a tree after he died in 1995 and got some support from The American Diabetes Foundation.(He had diabetes). :(

Howard
I'm so sorry, Howard :\'( I always tell Jennifer that Blaine would want her be strong...and Happy. Sometimes I forget to be that way myself but, we all have to try and get through life the best we can. I'm sure your brother is smiling at how you've made your life go lately :)

Written By: Howard on 01/21/05 at 4:07 pm

I'm so sorry, Howard :\'( I always tell Jennifer that Blaine would want her be strong...and Happy. Sometimes I forget to be that way myself but, we all have to try and get through life the best we can. I'm sure your brother is smiling at how you've made your life go lately :)

Yes.Thank You Mark.I know he's smiling down on me and it's a good feeling.His spirit is with me and my parents. :)
I just can't believe that he's been dead for almost 10 years now.Where has the time gone? :\'(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 4:14 pm

Yes.Thank You Mark.I know he's smiling down on me and it's a good feeling.His spirit is with me and my parents. :)
I just can't believe that he's been dead for almost 10 years now.Where has the time gone? :\'(

Howard
I know what you mean, Howard. For me, sometimes it seems like so long ago since Blaine died and other times it seems like almost yesterday. Blaine also had a best friend  since kindergarten, named Rob, who died a month before to the day of complications from lukemia....Here's a picture, from left to right, of Jack (Another life long friend), Rob and Blaine, taken on a rock at Garden Of The Gods....a place Blaine and I ran in sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/05 at 4:23 pm

I know what you mean, Howard. For me, sometimes it seems like so long ago since Blaine died and other times it seems like almost yesterday. Blaine also had a best friend  since kindergarten, named Rob, who died a month before to the day of complications from lukemia....Here's a picture, from left to right, of Jack (Another life long friend), Rob and Blaine, taken on a rock at Garden Of The Gods....a place Blaine and I ran in sometimes.

nice picture Mark.My brother also had a friend from kindergarden.his name was Andrew. He's still alive but god knows what has happened to him.I remember when a year after my brother had passed away,he'd ask me tons of questions about my parents and if they we're gonna have some sort of an anniversary party in honor of his death and that kind of got me upset. I just didn't want to talk about my brother when he was around after that.He meant well. But,It was embarassing. :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 4:26 pm

nice picture Mark.My brother also had a friend from kindergarden.his name was Andrew. He's still alive but god knows what has happened to him.I remember when a year after my brother had passed away,he'd ask me tons of questions about my parents and if they we're gonna have some sort of an anniversary party in honor of his death and that kind of got me upset. I just didn't want to talk about my brother when he was around after that.He meant well.It was embarassing. :(

Howard
I know how that goes, Howard...been there quite a few times myself. I'm "Celebrating" his birthday on Monday and I'm always going to hate April 26th :\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/21/05 at 5:00 pm

I know how that goes, Howard...been there quite a few times myself. I'm "Celebrating" his birthday on Monday and I'm always going to hate April 26th :\'(

February 25th my brother Todd would've been 34 years old.We're 3 years apart.My Mother got over the pain and suffering years ago.I'm glad she did. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/21/05 at 11:54 pm

February 25th my brother Todd would've been 34 years old.We're 3 years apart.My Mother got over the pain and suffering years ago.I'm glad she did. :)

Howard
I doubt she has gotten over it.....but I'm happy to hear that she is dealing with it :)

Written By: Chrisrj on 01/22/05 at 6:10 am

No, it's not fair at all.  "Sorry your son died, Subway's not responsible for it, here's some money to forget about it." 

Seriously, I hope everything gets better for you.

I still love Subway personally, though... I hope that's not much of a bother.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/22/05 at 9:36 am

No, it's not fair at all.  "Sorry your son died, Subway's not responsible for it, here's some money to forget about it." 

Seriously, I hope everything gets better for you.

I still love Subway personally, though... I hope that's not much of a bother.
Thanks for the supportive kindness, Chrisrj. I have nothing against you or anyone else who chooses to like subway. It's just me and my family and some very close friends of Blaine that will never touch that place again. I sometimes can stand when the commercials come on though, whereas I used to pratically dive at the TV to shut it off....guess that's some sort of progress!

Written By: Howard on 01/22/05 at 2:03 pm

I doubt she has gotten over it.....but I'm happy to hear that she is dealing with it :)

Yeah,it will be a decade So,she's kind of habituated about it.But,My Mother still thinks about him once in a while so she cries sometimes. :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/22/05 at 6:23 pm

Yeah,it will be a decade So,she's kind of habituated about it.But,My Mother still thinks about him once in a while so she cries sometimes. :(

Howard
:\'(

Written By: Bobby on 01/22/05 at 6:29 pm

Sorry to hear that, Howard. I am glad your mother is coping with it the best way she can.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/23/05 at 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear that, Howard. I am glad your mother is coping with it the best way she can.  :)

She's gotten over it by using habituation and trying not to let that stop her.My Mother is a very sensitive person and she knows the best way to deal with somber situations. :(

Howard

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/26/05 at 6:48 pm

Well I don't believe in Hell, but I'm sure the killers are getting their karma.  ;)  Prison in Colorado sucks and even if they were free they would be tortured with self hate (although they would pose a threat to society). 

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 6:54 pm

Let those morons rot in hell.I hope they get life in prison. >:(

Howard

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/26/05 at 7:03 pm

Let those morons rot in hell.I hope they get life in prison.  >:(

Howard

Rock said the shooter did get life and the two other dudes got 16 years.  16 years?  It's not enough for those b*stards  >:(

If there is a Hell, then unless they turn around and become great heroes or something (like that's gonna happen  ::)    then they would be the type to go there.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/27/05 at 3:52 pm

My computer was out of commission for a couple of days so I am just catching up.  I think that this
whole thing is a disgrace.  There should have been proper training and there should have been better
security.  It seems that this is almost designed to hurt you more and more with every passing day.  There
isn't anything we can say or do to take the pain away, but we are all on your side, for what it is worth. :(

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/27/05 at 3:56 pm

My computer was out of commission for a couple of days so I am just catching up.  I think that this
whole thing is a disgrace.  There should have been proper training and there should have been better
security.  It seems that this is almost designed to hurt you more and more with every passing day.  There
isn't anything we can say or do to take the pain away, but we are all on your side, for what it is worth.

endofquote

I agree.  But we can at least make him a little happier. I know he made my day responding to my well wish.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/27/05 at 4:05 pm

I wish you well Mark. :)

Howard

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 01/27/05 at 5:50 pm

I'm just curious Mark..was the person that murdered your son ever brought to justice?

My prayers are with you,and as each day goes by I hope your pain gets a little easier to deal with..

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/27/05 at 7:11 pm

isn't anything we can say or do to take the pain away, but we are all on your side, for what it is worth. :(
Thanks, DanootaAndMe :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/27/05 at 7:12 pm

isn't anything we can say or do to take the pain away, but we are all on your side, for what it is worth.

endofquote

I agree.  But we can at least make him a little happier. I know he made my day responding to my well wish.  :)
:)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/27/05 at 7:16 pm

I'm just curious Mark..was the person that murdered your son ever brought to justice?

My prayers are with you,and as each day goes by I hope your pain gets a little easier to deal with..
Well, If "Justice" means they BOTH knew that the shooter had a loaded gun with him and  both recieved 16 years, then I guess "Justice was served. BTW, the shooter got life without the possibilty of parole plus 30....

I'm doing the best I can to  get by. Everybody here always makes me feel better :)

Written By: thebutcheress on 01/28/05 at 3:46 pm

Wow! Thanks very much, thebutcheress! I really appreciate your reply. I am working on some things here and plan on getting Blaine's mom into this with me. As for the girl...Jennifer....I wish I could tell you that she is doing great but, she has attempted suicide 4 times since that horrible night. I see her as often as I possibly can, her mother and Jennifer are friends of my entire family, but she's had a very hard time trying to deal with this. Jennifer was called by some very cruel people right after it happened who actually told her they think SHE should've died instead of Blaine....jerks >:( Anyway, I have told her that Blaine saved her and she needs to live her life to the fullest. Blaine never got the chance to do what he wanted to but she was given another chance and I am trying to help her see that.  :\'( Here is a picture of her and her mother Julie at a gathering for him a couple years ago....she's holding the flowers....

I'm very sorry to hear that. I had 2 very good friends kill themselves, a 2 and 1 year ago and both events have made me realize just how important life is. I hope, someone will help her before she suceeds in killing herself. Your right in telling her that Blaine gave his life for her, but also tell her that if she continues to live her life, than she will always be aliving memorial to Blaine. THose people that called her may have known Blaine but you love(d) him and the fact that you don't hate her is bigger than some random a$$holes who are cowards that have to pick on a girl over the phone. I'll pray for her.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/28/05 at 7:12 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that. I had 2 very good friends kill themselves, a 2 and 1 year ago and both events have made me realize just how important life is. I hope, someone will help her before she suceeds in killing herself. Your right in telling her that Blaine gave his life for her, but also tell her that if she continues to live her life, than she will always be aliving memorial to Blaine. THose people that called her may have known Blaine but you love(d) him and the fact that you don't hate her is bigger than some random a$$holes who are cowards that have to pick on a girl over the phone. I'll pray for her.
Thanks, thebutcheress :) I'm sorry to hear about your friends :-\\ :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...