inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Blurr that butt!

Written By: saver on 01/19/05 at 4:16 pm

:D Just heard the news story how cartoons now are having to blur out any butt shots!

I can remember a Simpson episode or two they need to go over if it reruns!

How about blurring everyone middle finger out..they have one even if they aren't displaying it!

Subject: Re: Blurr that butt!

Written By: Apricot on 01/19/05 at 4:23 pm

Wasn't the whole thing because of the Simpsons?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 5:57 pm

What's wrong with a butt shot? that's no worse than a boob shot. ::)

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/05 at 6:04 pm

They also have to blur "the finger" even when it's a cartoon.  I think it's all rather silly.
::)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 6:06 pm

They also have to blur "the finger" even when it's a cartoon.  I think it's all rather silly.
::)

the middle finger?

Howard

Written By: LadyGaladriel on 01/19/05 at 6:16 pm

the middle finger?

Howard

Well, I would suppose so...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/19/05 at 9:28 pm

Here's what the whole fuss is about......

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Fox says it covered up the naked rear end of a cartoon character recently because of nervousness over what the Federal Communications Commission will find objectionable.

The latest example of TV network self-censorship because of FCC concerns came a few weeks ago during a rerun of a Family Guy cartoon. Fox electronically blurred a character's posterior, even though the image was seen five years ago when the episode originally aired.

"We have to be checking and second-guessing ourselves now," Fox entertainment president Gail Berman said Monday. "We have to protect our affiliates."

Fox hadn't received any complaints about the cartoon. But the move follows the FCC's decision in October to fine 169 Fox stations $7,000 US each for airing an episode of Married By America that showed people licking whipped cream from strippers' bodies and a man in his underwear being spanked by strippers.

"It's certainly confusing when you have to do something like that," Berman said. "It's just that we were trying to find our way and do what's responsible."

At PBS, executives said this weekend they will edit out a glimpse of a naked woman in a fictional account of a terrorist "dirty bomb" attack that will air next month after being shown first on HBO.

Written By: goodsin on 01/20/05 at 2:28 am

It's political correctness gorn mad. @sses are like opinions, everyone's got one!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/20/05 at 3:55 pm

I don't know what The FCC is complaining about? So,it's a butt.I think showing nakedness should be allowed on TV.people have to learn somehow. ;D

Howard

Written By: elefanten on 01/21/05 at 4:18 pm

where i live, nakedness is legal on tv

Written By: Vayle on 01/25/05 at 2:51 pm

If they allow too much nudity on TV here in the states, they'll have to work harder to advertise.
"Sex sells" has been they way of things for a long time.
Sex won't sell as well if people are comfortable with nudity.
It's the forbidden fruit thing I suppose.

Vayle

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 5:09 pm

I think nudity should be allowed.Who cares about those black boxes.I would let people see the visible nudity. ;D

Howard

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/25/05 at 5:52 pm

Sex and the City is in basic cable primetime and they're going nuts over a cartoon rump?

Written By: AL-B on 01/25/05 at 9:03 pm

You just watch. Someday they'll invent some kind of goggles that electronically blur all kinds of nudity, and the government will require everyone under 18 to wear them at all times. Think about the children!!!

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 6:39 pm

You just watch. Someday they'll invent some kind of goggles that electronically blur all kinds of nudity, and the government will require everyone under 18 to wear them at all times. Think about the children!!!

I doubt it if that will sell BUT we'll see. ;D

Howard

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/27/05 at 1:13 am

Sex and the City is in basic cable primetime and they're going nuts over a cartoon rump?

Selective censorship. One of the main reasons why i don't beleive in censorship

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/27/05 at 4:10 am

Selective censorship. One of the main reasons why i don't beleive in censorship

Well I'm really sorry so many people here feel deprived that they didn't get to see a bare cartoon a**.

As for "selective censorship," well, that is crap.  The FCC monitors broadcast airwaves, they do not monitor or censor anything from satellite radio, satellite television, and cable television.  Just your simple ABC, FOX, NBC, PBS, CBS, UPN, PAX, and normal radio.  It really has nothing to do with selective censorship, as in targeting certain shows and not others, the laws do not apply to cable and satellite.

Think about it, the airwaves are owned by the public.  The US Supreme Court has ruled that television is not covered by the first amendment to the US Constitution.  The FCC does not ban anything at all, from any station.  The only way the FCC will act or fine will be in the public complains about broadcast indency.

If people don't like it, they should get cable, change the channel, and shut up.

Written By: goodsin on 01/27/05 at 9:36 am

I think nudity should be allowed.Who cares about those black boxes.

I think it's precisely the people who care about black boxes (and yellow @sses) who advocate censorship, isn't it?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/27/05 at 3:49 pm

I think it's precisely the people who care about black boxes (and yellow @sses) who advocate censorship, isn't it?  ;D

Yeah,you got that right goodsin.can't argue with that one. ;)

Howard

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/27/05 at 3:53 pm

I think its funny how they can eat deer weenies on Fear Factor but they can't say F*uck on FOX.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/27/05 at 4:09 pm

I think its funny how they can eat deer weenies on Fear Factor but they can't say F*uck on FOX.  :D

that's why the bleeper comes in handy. ;D

Howard

Written By: NullandVoid on 01/27/05 at 6:09 pm

At times like this I wished I lived in Europe ::)
It's funny how CNN, MSNBC and just about every other American media outlet has no problem showing ravaged countries, dismembered bodies and/or tortured iraqi prisoners but as soon as a butt or a boob gets flashed The FCC goes to Defcon 3. MY GOD!

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/27/05 at 6:12 pm

At times like this I wished I lived in Europe ::)
It's funny how CNN, MSNBC and just about every other American media outlet has no problem showing ravaged countries, dismembered bodies and/or tortured iraqi prisoners but as soon as a butt or a boob gets flashed The FCC goes to Defcon 3. MY GOD!

FCC is probably run by Fundamental Christians and the Parents Television Council is their unwanted little brother.

Written By: NullandVoid on 01/27/05 at 7:17 pm

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL ;D

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/27/05 at 7:53 pm

>:( I would've nicely accepted your reply if it had not been for the opening question of "Can you read?" The answer is yes I can read, very well. It wasn't necessary for you to insult me over a simple mistake. Did it ever occur to you that I just might have missed that in your post or completely skipped your post altogether?

There is no need for you to talk to me like that, Mr BUSH! >:(

Start calling him Shrub.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/06 at 9:02 pm

hahahaha...I saw this topic was being viewed..and I just had to see what "blurr that butt" was all about! ;D :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/15/06 at 9:08 pm

the middle finger?

Howard
Yeah, I think that's the bad finger
and I'm bettin none of this applies to South Park

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/15/06 at 10:15 pm

To tell the truth, I don't see why you can't see it even if it's not a cartoon!

I mean... seeing this sight isn't going to traumatize you! It's just part of the human body.

Ridiculous, man.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/15/06 at 10:41 pm

I would be traumatized because they probably have a better butt than I do and it would ruin my self esteem.  Are you going to pay for my therapist to get over it?  Are you? huh? huh? huh? ;D :D :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/06 at 11:54 pm

yes...people get so anal (lol...no pun intended) over seeing a stupid butt....I mean, what's the big deal, I ask?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/16/06 at 12:05 am

yes...people get so anal (lol...no pun intended) over seeing a stupid butt....I mean, what's the big deal, I ask?
the Simpsons got a Bum rap, shameful.  Maybe they're doing it as a joke?

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/16/06 at 12:06 am

I would be traumatized because they probably have a better butt than I do and it would ruin my self esteem.  Are you going to pay for my therapist to get over it?  Are you? huh? huh? huh? ;D :D :D

Yes, because the way your butt looks is so important to how well it works  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 1:19 am

Cartoons don't count.  I'm not an animophile. 

As for live action, men should not be allowed to drop trou on camera.  For women it should be a contractual obligation!
;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/16/06 at 1:27 am

Cartoons don't count.  I'm not an animophile. 

As for live action, men should not be allowed to drop trou on camera.  For women it should be a contractual obligation!
;)
spoken like a true sexist,  My brother.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 10:14 am

butts are ugly to begin with...but if I HAD to see a naked butt...I think I would rather it be a female than a male...male butts are the worst!! LOL! :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 10:35 am

Especially hairy ones ;D

eww...that is just wicked nasty!! :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/16/06 at 11:17 am

I personally feel as much violence as we see there no point in blurring it period. A little nudity doesn't hurt anyone. It seems like a strange message we send people in this country; you know, sex and nudity is taboo yet violence is a-ok. But I think it goes back to the religious influence on this society. The Bible is full of accepted violence..in the name of God, of course. But sex is BAD. Much like fire to Frankenstein in the SNL skits. Although, in this case, I guess that would be a lake of fire, huh?

Written By: Darkbreed on 01/16/06 at 11:27 am

see that so messed up the fcc got to much power,
they want us to cover up our bad words but in our mind
we all no what we want to use so way make us cover
it up. were still doing the same action, so its like this if i 
took a crap and gave it to some one its crap, right?
and if i did it n raped it in gold rapper it still what? crap.
so we mean the same thing so why cover it up,
but on the issue ware were not aloud to see butt or boobs
the people who say that r the people who will put a boob in a
kids face till he 5 and after that hes not alound to see a boob
n e more, if it wasint for our antsister being cold we would still be
running around nacked so we should all break done the fcc n the religious right.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 10:51 pm

spoken like a true sexist,  My brother.

http://www.nndb.com/people/409/000022343/adclay-med.jpg
Ehhhh! Treat me like da pig dat I am!

Written By: whistledog on 01/17/06 at 12:44 am

How come they can show a naked baby's ass on TV, yet they have to blur out an animated cartoon character's ass?

If they are going to start blurring out asses, they should put a blur over comedian Tom Green  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/06 at 2:20 am

I personally feel as much violence as we see there no point in blurring it period. A little nudity doesn't hurt anyone. It seems like a strange message we send people in this country; you know, sex and nudity is taboo yet violence is a-ok. But I think it goes back to the religious influence on this society. The Bible is full of accepted violence..in the name of God, of course. But sex is BAD. Much like fire to Frankenstein in the SNL skits. Although, in this case, I guess that would be a lake of fire, huh?
Contrary to that, sex is not declared bad in the bible. If one believes it, then one believes God created sex for man/woman, He didn't create swords and spears. The bible declares sex bad if not married. I'm not passing judgemnt here, just aware of whats in the book. Check out the song of Solomon in the Old Testament, King Solomon is quite vivid in describing the female anatomy.  That SNL Phil hartman as Frankenstein skit is hilarious. as for Blurring Butts, I don't care, as for my take on "butts", the female totally version rocks! I tip my cap to a very creative God. nice work  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...