inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Late Son Blaine Would Be 21 On The 24th.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/23/05 at 10:29 pm

I promise all of you that this will be the last "Birthday" that I make into a topic for Blaine....the 21st is kinda special. I apologize to anyone who may be sick of my constant whining about losing him and appreciate those of you who care. If you're sick of this....don't reply, if you care.....please respond as I really appreciate the kindness. It's not tomorrow here but I decided to get this out. I plan on baking him a cake, just like I did every year for the past 20. Two of my boys will be at the cemetary  later in the day tomorrow and we will "celebrate" :\'( Thanks for understanding....please don't hate me for this.? I am getting through it better each year. Here is a picture of Blaine when he was 3 brushing his mothers hair in 1987.....I'll be posting pics of him throughout the thread.

Subject: Re: My Late Son Blaine Would Be 21 On The 24th.....

Written By: nally on 01/23/05 at 11:43 pm

I understand that you've been posting pictures and messages about him; it's hard for anyone to lose a child. In October of 2001, a 19-year-old friend of mine lost a life-long battle against seizures; he was an only child, so you can imagine how sad his parents probably were. :\'(

Written By: Tam on 01/23/05 at 11:48 pm

The loss of a child is one of the hardest things for any parent to go through. I am sure that I not only speak for myself when I say this.... Take your time. The celebration of his life is what helps you to heal and I am proud that you continue to honor him, as I am sure he is Proud of you too!

The healing process takes time and as long as you keep him with you everday..... in your Heart, in your Mind and in your Soul - your Peace will eventually come.

Prayers
Tam

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:13 am

I understand that you've been posting pictures and messages about him; it's hard for anyone to lose a child. In October of 2001, a 19-year-old friend of mine lost a life-long battle against seizures; he was an only child, so you can imagine how sad his parents probably were. :\'(
My heart goes out to you and his parents....thanks for caring and sharing that, Jeff...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:14 am

The loss of a child is one of the hardest things for any parent to go through. I am sure that I not only speak for myself when I say this.... Take your time. The celebration of his life is what helps you to heal and I am proud that you continue to honor him, as I am sure he is Proud of you too!

The healing process takes time and as long as you keep him with you everday..... in your Heart, in your Mind and in your Soul - your Peace will eventually come.

Prayers
Tam
Tam, I cannot begin to tell you how much your reply means to me. Thank you :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:30 am

Here he is a year before at Coronado.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/24/05 at 12:33 am

Again, I offer my sympathies and prayers to your family on this anniversary of Blaine's death. I know it won't bring him back, but it will make you stronger. May you keep remembering the times with your son, and the hope that it will never happen to another child close to you. :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:57 am

Again, I offer my sympathies and prayers to your family on this anniversary of Blaine's death. I know it won't bring him back, but it will make you stronger. May you keep remembering the times with your son, and the hope that it will never happen to another child close to you. :\'(
Actually, the anniversary of his death is April 26th....and I've decided it's a day I will never pay attention to again. It's his birthday....21st and Jonathan...I want to thank you for your kind words and thoughts :)

Written By: Mergal on 01/24/05 at 6:01 am

Why would anyone be sick of hearing about the loss of your son? Losing a loved one can take a very long time to get over the pain. I still feel a little sad and angry that my grandmother didn't live long enough (she was 73 when cancer took her life) and that I didn't know enough about her, and she passed away more than 16 years ago. Anyway, I'm very sorry to hear about your son.  :(

Written By: jaytee on 01/24/05 at 7:25 am

Birthdays are very hard to bear when you've lost a loved one.  Before my sister died she gave my mother an orchid.  It bloomed twice that year - the day of her birthday and Mother's Day.  I'll keep you and your family in my prayers tonight. :-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 8:11 am

Why would anyone be sick of hearing about the loss of your son? Losing a loved one can take a very long time to get over the pain. I still feel a little sad and angry that my grandmother didn't live long enough (she was 73 when cancer took her life) and that I didn't know enough about her, and she passed away more than 16 years ago. Anyway, I'm very sorry to hear about your son.  :(
You wouldn't believe the evil that some people have displayed....anyway, I' very sorry to hear about your grandmother, she must've been quite a great person. Thanks for your kindness, Mercat. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 8:14 am

Birthdays are very hard to bear when you've lost a loved one. Before my sister died she gave my mother an orchid. It bloomed twice that year - the day of her birthday and Mother's Day. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers tonight. :-*
I'm sorry to hear about your sister  :\'( Thanks, jaytee

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 8:16 am

Here's another one, this time in 2000....

Written By: bj26 on 01/24/05 at 8:46 am

Hey Rock, hope the snow's nice down in Colorado. I was just listening to this song by Toby Keith and Sting, it's kind of my anthem, but ther are some lyrics you might sing somnetime:

Saw a friend of mine, he said you look different somehow;
Everybody's got to leave the darkness sometime, I said -
I'm so happy that I can't stop crying, I'm laughing through my tears,
laughing through my tears.

I wish there was a way to leave that darkness, guess it just takes time - hang in there.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 10:41 am

Hey Rock, hope the snow's nice down in Colorado. I was just listening to this song by Toby Keith and Sting, it's kind of my anthem, but ther are some lyrics you might sing somnetime:

Saw a friend of mine, he said you look different somehow;
Everybody's got to leave the darkness sometime, I said -
I'm so happy that I can't stop crying, I'm laughing through my tears,
laughing through my tears.

I wish there was a way to leave that darkness, guess it just takes time - hang in there.
Thanks, bj26 :) BTW, there is no snow here at all....at the moment ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 10:42 am

Mark, I think it's great that you have kept his memory alive. It's also good that you are learning to cope with the loss. It's never easy but it will help you heal. My thoughts go out to you and your family on this day.
Kim, that means a lot to me, I appreciate you :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/24/05 at 12:46 pm

Kim, that means a lot to me, I appreciate you :)
My thoughts are with you.....I just found out last year around this time that my father has also passed on....my Mom passed on in 1988. I never really got to know my parents....may God be with you.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:49 pm

My thoughts are with you.....I just found out last year around this time that my father has also passed on....my Mom passed on in 1988. I never really got to know my parents....may God be with you.
Thank you, Tony20fan4ever..

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 12:50 pm

Here are some pics from today.....

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/24/05 at 1:05 pm

Blaine was very lucky to have a dad like you, Mark.  Your love for him continues to shine through with your discussions about him, the pictures you post of him and that very sweet birthday cake that you made for him.  I will keep both of you in my thoughts.  :) 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 1:46 pm

Blaine was very lucky to have a dad like you, Mark.  Your love for him continues to shine through with your discussions about him, the pictures you post of him and that very sweet birthday cake that you made for him.  I will keep both of you in my thoughts.  :) 
Thanks Karen, I really appreciate that ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 1:47 pm

Me today

Written By: Paul on 01/24/05 at 3:30 pm

Nothing that I can really add to what's been said already, Mark...but, rest assured, I don't think anyone here will begrudge you keeping Blaine's spirit alive by your mentioning of him...

Thinking of you, Blaine and the family at this sad time...be strong...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/24/05 at 4:12 pm

Like Paul said, there isn't alot to add that hasn't already been said.  I think it's great that you're celebrating Blaine's life today.  As long as you keep his spirit alive, he'll never be far away.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Written By: gemini61 on 01/24/05 at 4:39 pm

Mark, you have shown us all what a dedicated and loving father you were to Blaine. And I could never even imagine what today must be like for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 5:30 pm

Nothing that I can really add to what's been said already, Mark...but, rest assured, I don't think anyone here will begrudge you keeping Blaine's spirit alive by your mentioning of him...

Thinking of you, Blaine and the family at this sad time...be strong...
Thanks, Paul  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 5:31 pm

Like Paul said, there isn't alot to add that hasn't already been said.  I think it's great that you're celebrating Blaine's life today.  As long as you keep his spirit alive, he'll never be far away.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks very much, Ashkicksa*s :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 5:32 pm

Mark, you have shown us all what a dedicated and loving father you were to Blaine. And I could never even imagine what today must be like for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today. 
Thanks Rhonda, I appreciate that :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/24/05 at 5:50 pm

Mark,you have been in my thoughts all day...i can only imagine how difficult this is for you but hopefully you are finding some joy today in Blaine's memory and in the outpouring from everyone here. :-*

Written By: gord on 01/24/05 at 6:02 pm

Your boys are lucky to have a father like you Mark, my deepest sympathy

Written By: Howard on 01/24/05 at 6:08 pm

nice pictures Mark.I know how hard it is to lose a son like my Mother lost her son and my brother but we all have to move on and make changes in our lives.My brother Todd would've been 34 years old next month(February 25th). :\'(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 6:23 pm

Your boys are lucky to have a father like you Mark, my deepest sympathy
Thanks, gord. I feel like the lucky one though :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 6:24 pm

nice pictures Mark.I know how hard it is to lose a son like my Mother lost her son and my brother but we all have to move on and make changes in our lives.My brother Todd would've been 34 years old next month(February 25th). :\'(

Howard
Thanks Howard, stay tough ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/24/05 at 6:26 pm

Thanks Howard, stay tough ;)

I will and hopefully my Mother will as well.Thank You. :)

Howard

Written By: AchtungBaby on 01/24/05 at 6:28 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.  I will keep you both in my thoughts. :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 9:20 pm

Mark,you have been in my thoughts all day...i can only imagine how difficult this is for you but hopefully you are finding some joy today in Blaine's memory and in the outpouring from everyone here. :-*
The "Love" around here today has been wonderful....it's definately helped :) Blaines brothers are all doing good as is mom. For that I'm also grateful.  I also love hearing from you, as always, thanks Maria ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 9:28 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.  I will keep you both in my thoughts. :\'(
Thanks, AchtungBaby :)

Written By: Zella on 01/24/05 at 11:08 pm

Mark,

I know this day brings you pain, but also brings you many good memories of the times you and your son had together. I am glad I got to talk to you today and know that you are getting thru a difficult day with a positive attitute (as you always do :) )  Always know that you have lots of freinds and family and lots here on your 'board family' who are always there to love and support you.

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/24/05 at 11:18 pm

That's very sad  :\'(  If someone killed somebody I loved I would be very sad too.  Stay strong :)
And yes, $200? Pathetic.  ::)  I could give more than that.  I hope those killers are never on the streets again.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 11:32 pm

That's very sad  :\'(  If someone killed somebody I loved I would be very sad too.  Stay strong :)
And yes, $200? Pathetic.  ::)  I could give more than that.  I hope those killers are never on the streets again.
Well, first off....thank you :) The shooter got life + 30 without any chance of parole....the other 2 recieved 16 years.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/24/05 at 11:34 pm

Mark,

I know this day brings you pain, but also brings you many good memories of the times you and your son had together. I am glad I got to talk to you today and know that you are getting thru a difficult day with a positive attitute (as you always do :) )  Always know that you have lots of freinds and family and lots here on your 'board family' who are always there to love and support you.

Thanks.....I Love You :-*

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/24/05 at 11:40 pm

quote: Well, first off....thank you    The shooter got life + 30 without any chance of parole....the other 2 recieved 16 years.....

Well, the shooter's sentence sounds fair, can't say for the other two not knowing the facts.  I hope those two don't kill somebody when they escape. IMO all murderers and all other criminals unfit and unsafe for society should spend life in prison or death penalty if their live isn't worth keeping.

Written By: scarletgail on 01/24/05 at 11:53 pm

mark my thoughts and prayers are with you today :-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/25/05 at 9:10 am

mark my thoughts and prayers are with you today :-*
Thank you, Gail :-*

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 5:58 pm

My thoughts are with you Mark. :)

Howard

Written By: 80s Lady on 01/25/05 at 11:29 pm

Happy Birthday Blaine!

Birthdays do not end with death,
But last as long as love,
A maelstrom of memories
That grace and honor move.

And so we celebrate your day
By visiting your grave,
A place that you have left long since,
But is all that we have.

Dear spirit, come and join us here,
Your loved ones by your stone!
Come sweep across the barrier
To claim us as your own!

Happy birthday, dearest one!
Oh, happy, happy day!
Not even the most bitter night
Can take this joy away!

Unknown

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/25/05 at 11:35 pm

Happy Birthday Blaine!

Birthdays do not end with death,
But last as long as love,
A maelstrom of memories
That grace and honor move.

And so we celebrate your day
By visiting your grave,
A place that you have left long since,
But is all that we have.

Dear spirit, come and join us here,
Your loved ones by your stone!
Come sweep across the barrier
To claim us as your own!

Happy birthday, dearest one!
Oh, happy, happy day!
Not even the most bitter night
Can take this joy away!

Unknown

In touching my very soul...you are a perfect two for two! Thank you 80s Lady :\'( ;)

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/26/05 at 12:55 am

I'm not religious but if there is a Heaven I'm sure your son's there.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/26/05 at 9:40 am

I'm not religious but if there is a Heaven I'm sure your son's there.  :)
Thanks, FullHouseFan :) As for the killers....I'll save comment for the other thread about Blaine/subway ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 6:36 pm

I wish you well.May I call you soon if we'd exchange phone numbers? :)

Howard

Written By: camaro on 01/31/05 at 4:38 pm

I hope that you remembered all of the good times that you spent with your son and that it helped you survive the day.

Carey

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/05 at 5:56 pm

We are all thinking about you, Mark.

Happy birthday, Blaine.

Written By: Howard on 01/31/05 at 6:32 pm

Happy Birthday Blaine. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/31/05 at 7:24 pm

Thanks again, everyone ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 01/31/05 at 8:14 pm

If Christianity is true, I'm sure Blaine is counted among the angels and saints and playing his favorite sport with Christ :)  Giving up your life for another is the greatest thing one can do. :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 01/31/05 at 8:14 pm

You're Welcome.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/31/05 at 9:38 pm

If Christianity is true, I'm sure Blaine is counted among the angels and saints and playing his favorite sport with Christ :)  Giving up your life for another is the greatest thing one can do. :)
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...