inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The early Gen Y in Time Magazine

Written By: roXie on 01/25/05 at 7:57 am

Apparently ,the early Gen-Y people have a new label:

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101050124/story.html

What do yoy guys think about this? ???

roXie

Subject: Re: The early Gen Y in Time Magazine

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/25/05 at 8:16 am

I guess I'm in that stage right now. I'm living with my mom and looking for employment. I'm not in college yet.

Written By: Mergal on 01/25/05 at 10:33 am

Oh my gosh, that's me!

Written By: AL-B on 01/25/05 at 1:58 pm

There goes the media again, trying to attach yet another condescending label to young people. Ten years ago they were calling people my age "Generation X," as if we were some kind of lost generation. "Twixters???" Ha! Like that's ever gonna stick. The article says how these people went through something like 17 jobs. I think it's a safe bet that they weren't hopping from law firm to law firm. More likely, they were going from sh*t job to sh*t job. Hell, I went through that same phase when I was in my mid-20's. And you know what?? Don't worry about it too much. If you're living at home, kick in some money to Ma and Pa to help out a little bit, and once you can afford to move out then do it (they'll greatly appreciate it...my relationship with my father improved drastically when I finally moved out). But it takes a while to figure you what you want to do with your life. I'm 34 years old and only 4 months ago I finally started working at a job that I hope to retire at.

I found the best piece of advice on this subject in a "Life In Hell" cartoon (by Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons).

The Secret Of Success

1.) Get a job.
2.) Get a better job.
3.) Repeat as necessary.

;)

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 5:54 pm

Why would they call themselves "Twixters"? ;D

Howard

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/25/05 at 5:57 pm

Twixters sounds like something yummy.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 6:04 pm

Twixters sounds like something yummy.

sounds like something Twix made. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...