inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABSOLUTE FAVORITE 2000s Band

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/04/05 at 3:57 am

To completely rip off lebeiw15's thread, what is your favorite band from this great decade of music?

Muse
(The) Arcade Fire
Queens of the Stone Age
Stereophonics
Shihad (NZ Band)
Pluto (NZ Band)

& others..

Subject: Re: ABSOLUTE FAVORITE 2000s Band

Written By: jiminy on 02/04/05 at 6:03 am

Dimmu Borgir, well they have been around since the 90s but the were put on the Oz Fest this past summer and hopefully people will start forgetting about nu-metal http://www.dimmu-borgir.com/

Written By: Stompgal on 02/04/05 at 6:28 am

There are quite a few 2000s bands I like. These include Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Blue, Busted, Maroon 5 and Good Charlotte. Bands like Atomic Kitten, Steps and No Doubt released songs during both the 1990s and the 2000s.

Written By: woops on 02/04/05 at 7:19 pm

The White Stripes, Jet, Velvet Revolver, and The Sounds

Written By: Rush on 02/05/05 at 1:43 am

I suppose Coldplay are pretty good.  I like a few of their songs, but my main vote goes to Day One.  If anyone has ever heard of them.

By the way I mean the Bristish duo, not the Australian group.

Written By: Justawoman on 04/12/05 at 9:42 am

Maroon 5

Written By: Kenlos on 04/12/05 at 3:02 pm

Though Nightwish actually started in the mid 90s I didn't find them until last year so they are a 2000s band to me.  They would probably be my favorite I have found in the 2000s.  Within Temptation would also be up on that list as well though like Nightwish they started in the mid 90s but I also didnt find them until last year.

Nightwish is a unique gothic metal band from Finland with a female lead singer.  She sings with an opera/classical type voice in a lot of the songs.  When I say that I don't mean Opera like you would hear if you went to an Opera but her style of singing has that feel to it.  One thing I like about Nightwish is they have a good amount of variety in their music, that and the Bassist who sings some in their songs his voice will take you back to 80s metal bands.

www.nightwish.com

Within Temptation is from the Netherlands and is similiar to Nightwish though not quiet as unique.  Some of their songs will remind you of some Evanescence stuff as well.  They are overall a litter lighter than Nightwish though they do have some heavier stuff as well.

www.within-temptation.com/

Written By: jiminy on 04/12/05 at 3:11 pm

Amorphis
another band from Finland, if you like Opeth you should like Amorphis

http://www.amorphis.net/

Written By: cagesundercage on 04/12/05 at 4:50 pm

the shins

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/07 at 11:28 pm

My favourite is Montreal based rock group Mobile

Their debut 2006 album 'Tomorrow Starts Today' just blew me away!  It produced 3 singles, the biggest of which was 'Out of My Head' which reached #4.  It and the remixed version were also #1 video hits, the only song to ever reach #1 twice on the MuchMusic Countdown in two different versions

YouTube Videos:

Montreal Calling
Out of My Head
Out of My Head <remix>
See Right Through Me

http://www.melodic.net/img5/mobile-tomorrowstartstoday.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/17/07 at 4:16 pm

Coldplay
The Killers
The White Stripes
Fliight of The Conchords

Check for new replies or respond here...