inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What decade would you live in?

Written By: blake36 on 02/04/05 at 7:54 pm

If you had the choice to live in any decade, what would you choose?

I would choose the sixities. Everything about the era fascinates me, the attitude, the social/political changes, the music, the fashion
Or I would choose the late 1800s, when the US was expanding west, that would be an exciting time.

I ask this because I find this generation very lame and boring.  What do yall think?

Subject: Re: What decade would you live in?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 9:26 pm

I think it would be cool to travel back to the Middle Ages, the 1800s, or the 1980s, but I appreciate the time I live in.  I was born in Jan '90, though, so I wish I was born in Dec 89  :\'(

Written By: whitewolf on 02/04/05 at 9:30 pm

I have always been fascinated with the old pioneer days, so I would have to say mid to late 1800's.
Sort of like on Little House on the Prairie.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/04/05 at 9:40 pm

The late sixties for me. The music, political scene, tv, etc fascinates me. However, I would like the seventies; though I did live through them.

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 9:46 pm

The late sixties for me. The music, political scene, tv, etc fascinates me. However, I would like the seventies; though I did live through them.

Tanya

How much of the 70s can you remember, Tanya?  I was born in 1990 and I can only remember back to 94 with any detail, although I remember snippets of '93.  You must not remember things before 1979, although though I wasn't around it sounds like the 70s bled into the early 1980s.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/04/05 at 9:52 pm

I remember from 1979 on. Some things may set my memory off. Like I will watch or hear something and I'll remember something I may have blocked.

Tanya

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/04/05 at 10:49 pm

Right now?
The 1990s.
It had the perfect balance of Thomas Haden Church, DiC Animation and SLIDERS!!!
Most of DiC's stuff was in syndication, Thomas Haden Church was either on Wings, Ned and Stacey or in some movie and Sliders came around smack dab in the middle of the decade.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/04/05 at 11:16 pm

I would go back to the 80's  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/05/05 at 12:54 am

the 70s of course..i'd want to be older though than i was during that decade in real life..old enough to go to a disco!! 8)

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 02/05/05 at 8:17 am

Can you go forward?lol
I'd like to see the year 3000...
If I went back in time I'd say the 70s.I was there as a child and I can say it was a great decade..

Written By: Bobby on 02/05/05 at 8:35 am

I would go back to the 80's   :)

All the way!  :D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/05/05 at 9:31 am

the past sucks. i want to go to the future. maybe the year 10 000, see if humanity got it right or maybe we ended up being extinct.

Written By: jiminy on 02/05/05 at 11:26 am

The 1980s, I'd make a lot of money gambling on sports and playing the stock market

Written By: Bobby on 02/05/05 at 11:36 am

The 1980s, I'd make a lot of money gambling on sports and playing the stock market

Back to the future style.  ;D

Written By: Judas on 02/05/05 at 5:54 pm

I would go back to the 80's  :)

Me,too!  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/05/05 at 6:57 pm

The 70's but only if I could know all that I do now....OR Midevil times in Scotland

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/05/05 at 7:15 pm

the past sucks. i want to go to the future. maybe the year 10 000, see if humanity got it right or maybe we ended up being extinct.
Why does the past suck in your opinion...I would LOVE to go back to the 60's,even if just to see musicians like Jimi Hendrix(still the best Stratocaster player,EVER imho!),the Beatles,the Doors...all those influenced my taste in music even as a child....my sister had the records....

Written By: kairi747 on 02/05/05 at 7:33 pm

80's, 80's 80's!!!  :D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/05/05 at 7:39 pm

80's, 80's 80's!!! :D
The 1980's was a time when a lot of bad things happened to me,like my failed marriage and losing my mom to alcoholism.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/05 at 7:45 pm

The 1980's when being a kid was cool and hanging out with most of your friends till 10pm. :)

Howard

Written By: AL-B on 02/05/05 at 10:06 pm

I'd like to go to the late 1950's to mid 60's, just to see if things were really that innocent before the major societal changes that began around 1967-68.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/05 at 10:17 pm

The 80's.

I would hate to around during the stone age, medieval ages, or during the Spanish Inquisition.

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/06/05 at 12:00 am

Mine would be a crossover between two decades, 1965-1975.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/06/05 at 12:02 am

Why does the past suck in your opinion...I would LOVE to go back to the 60's,even if just to see musicians like Jimi Hendrix(still the best Stratocaster player,EVER imho!),the Beatles,the Doors...all those influenced my taste in music even as a child....my sister had the records....

i want to live for the future, the past happened and i don't want to be an anachronism. i find it sad when people talk about the past incessently. maybe they can't deal with the present and are scared of what may happen to them in the future....that and i'm a huge sci-fi geek who wants to see all the cool tech the future holds.

Written By: Eve Orzabal Smith on 02/06/05 at 10:16 am

I'd like to be in the 8''s (maybe early 80's: 81-83) 'cos the fashion from this decade is so cool, but I also want to be in the middle 60's. It was such a fun time!! But I apreciate the time I was born (January 1990).

I forgot tosay, I also wanna know my future (maybe 2020 ;) , when I'm 30) )

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/06/05 at 3:30 pm

I'd like to be in the 8''s (maybe early 80's: 81-83) 'cos the fashion from this decade is so cool, but I also want to be in the middle 60's. It was such a fun time!! But I apreciate the time I was born (January 1990).

I forgot tosay, I also wanna know my future (maybe 2020 ;) , when I'm 30) )

You were born the same month as me!  Do you ever wish you were born Dec 89? I do  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/06/05 at 7:44 pm

The 70's Disco Era(1975-1979) 8)

Howard

Written By: NbC on 02/07/05 at 12:55 am

I would like to see the future. Probably hundred years ahead or whenever they find the fat gene to finally end obesity and develop something to control aging.  :P

Otherwise, I woud like to relive the 80's again just so I can make some needed changes. 

Written By: Howard on 02/07/05 at 6:35 pm

The 70's so I could see my childhood and see how silly I looked back then. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/07/05 at 8:30 pm

80's, 80's 80's!!!   :D

Yeah!  :D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/07/05 at 8:37 pm

I'd go back to the 80s for 1 year and live 1984.  8)

Written By: AL-B on 02/07/05 at 9:29 pm

I'd go back to the 80s for 1 year and live 1984.  8)
Probably because you weren't born yet and the 80's have some kind of mystique for you. That's kind of how I feel about the 60's.

Written By: Miss Tainted on 02/07/05 at 9:34 pm

How far can we go back?

Written By: mandamoo on 02/08/05 at 4:06 am

The 1920's  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/08/05 at 6:34 pm

1776.to see The Declaration Of Independence.

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/05 at 7:08 pm

In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can surivive, we may find...
--Zager & Evans

Sorry to quote one of the worst songs of all time, but your wish to see the future reminded me of it.

I would like to go back and start again in 1980, at age 11, knowing what I know now
::)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 02/09/05 at 2:45 pm

Oh well....I guess I'd be later in the 2000's If the world isn't destroyed by then. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/09/05 at 6:42 pm

The 1960's.

Howard

Written By: Mona on 02/09/05 at 6:48 pm

In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman can surivive, we may find...
--Zager & Evans

Sorry to quote one of the worst songs of all time, but your wish to see the future reminded me of it.

I would like to go back and start again in 1980, at age 11, knowing what I know now. 
::)

LOL  I thought of that song, too, but come on now, surely that wasn't the worst song of all time.  :D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/10/05 at 5:43 am

LOL  I thought of that song, too, but come on now, surely that wasn't the worst song of all time.  :D

If it ain't it is right up there with the worst of the worst  ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/13/05 at 9:16 pm

Probably this decade. Or maybe, 2400 when they'd make technology so we could all live for ever...

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 9:21 pm

Probably because you weren't born yet and the 80's have some kind of mystique for you. That's kind of how I feel about the 60's.

Exactly Al.  If I was born 3 weeks earlier I'd be born in the 80s.  Actually it's possible I could of been born in 1989, if I was born 1 1/2 wks. prematurely (but that probably wouldn't be good for my health, I already have mental illness that has for the most part gone away)

Written By: Gis on 02/14/05 at 9:16 am

The 1940's. I've a feeling I would have been a bit of a hussy round all those G.I's  ;D and I'd love to jitterbug. I also love the hollywood glamour of that era.

Check for new replies or respond here...