inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Today "Part Deux"?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 9:30 pm

I say "No".

Subject: Re: Is Today "Part Deux"?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/04/05 at 9:39 pm

In some ways, like the acceptance of crappy music and films.

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 9:41 pm

In some ways, like the acceptance of crappy music and films.

Tanya

I agree for 97-79 and 96 maybe too, but don't you think the early 1990s were still somewhat decent in that respect?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/04/05 at 9:55 pm

I do agree that the early nineties had decent amount of music. I think the music at about 96-97 kind of went downhill from there.

Tanya

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/04/05 at 10:44 pm

I have no idea.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/05/05 at 2:03 am

Yes. The only difference is that we have a self-righteous warmonger in Office instead of a lying philanderer. ::)

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/05/05 at 2:33 pm

I'd say in some ways, some things have changed, but really it's not that much different.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/05/05 at 3:54 pm

In the nineties everyone I know had jobs, that paid, with benefits.  Now quite a few are scrambling,
my childs advocate is beside herself because of the cuttback in funds to disabled children, my taxes overall have gone up, and my rainy day savings are evaporating.  No, this is a Brave New World

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/05/05 at 5:13 pm

Yes as far as people still having a problem with the president...just different people...different president. Musically I'd say things went WAY downhill after '94 or so :P

Written By: Howard on 02/05/05 at 7:50 pm

I believe it is. ???

Howard

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/05/05 at 9:32 pm

The real Americans, the hard working people, not the rich actors and crap, need to start a revolution and overthrow the government or something. Our country is starting to look like the French revolution, where the rich people are treated like humans and the middle and lower classes are scrapings at the bottom of the government's boot (At least that's what I remember from History class).

Written By: Miss Tainted on 02/05/05 at 9:38 pm

I do agree that the early nineties had decent amount of music. I think the music at about 96-97 kind of went downhill from there.

Tanya

Don't diss the newer music because your pride can't take the fact that it's better than the music of your time :P

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/05/05 at 11:26 pm

I believe it is.

Howard

So would you say we're frozen in 1990?  (I don't see Vanilla Ice or Patrick Swayze doing things credible) ???

I think the 90s and 2000s are about as similar as the 60s and 70s.  In the future people will group them together and they both have similarities (such as hip hop and hippies) but when you get down to it they're very different.
Just like 1967-1974 were a slow change, so was 1997-2004.  But a change nonetheless.

Written By: woops on 02/05/05 at 11:32 pm

Don't diss the newer music because your pride can't take the fact that it's better than the music of your time :P

There's good music, just not played on MTV & VH1...

And I say yes, today is like part deux

Written By: My name is Kenny on 02/06/05 at 12:56 am

Such rich discourse.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/05 at 9:00 pm

I believe it is.

Howard

So would you say we're frozen in 1990?  (I don't see Vanilla Ice or Patrick Swayze doing things credible) ???

I think the 90s and 2000s are about as similar as the 60s and 70s.  In the future people will group them together and they both have similarities (such as hip hop and hippies) but when you get down to it they're very different.
Just like 1967-1974 were a slow change, so was 1997-2004.  But a change nonetheless.

No,I wasn't frozen in 1990. ;D

Howard

Written By: 1992thousand on 02/07/05 at 8:19 am

2000-2001=basically 90's
2002-the void
2003-now=00's rolling along

Written By: Kyle on 02/22/05 at 8:29 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes!  ;D  Today is definetly a Part Deux, especially 1998-1999.  I don't see anything change a bit from that time, but if there is, it is very little.  Like 20-30%.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 8:34 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes!   ;D  Today is definetly a Part Deux, especially 1998-1999.  I don't see anything change a bit from that time, but if there is, it is very little.  Like 20-30%.

NOTHING???  I can understand with the late 90s, but tell me today is JUST LIKE 1995.  It's not, it's so different. 

Check for new replies or respond here...