inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 100 Greatest Pop Videos.(As voted for by the British public.)

Written By: Gis on 02/07/05 at 6:56 am

I don't know if anyone else watched this show last night but here's the list, what do you think? I was surprised at some entries and surprised at where some came in the chart.It was an interesting show in terms of how they discused the entries and the little anecdotes about the making of some of them !  I have never even heard the song or seen the video for number 12.As to number 29, it was banned in America so I don't know if it will mean alot to some of you.
  1. Michael Jackson: Thriller
  2. Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer
  3. A-ha: Take on Me
  4. Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
  5. Madonna: Like a Prayer
  6. Robbie Williams: Rock DJ
  7. Michael Jackson: Billie Jean
  8. The Verve: Bittersweet Symphony
  9. Madonna: Vogue
  10. Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
  11. Coldplay: The Scientist
  12. Michael & Janet Jackson: Scream
  13. Pink Floyd: Another Brick in the Wall
  14. Christina Aguilera: Dirrty
  15. REM: Everybody Hurts
  16. OutKast: Hey Ya
  17. Blur: Coffee & TV
  18. Beyonce: Crazy in Love
  19. Madonna: Material Girl
  20. Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood
  21. Queen: I Want to Break Free
  22. Justin Timberlake: Cry Me a River
  23. Britney Spears: ...Baby One More Time
  24. Radiohead: No Surprises
  25. Madness: Baggy Trousers
  26. TLC: Waterfalls
  27. David Bowie: Ashes to Ashes
  28. Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly
  29. Electric Six: Gay Bar
  30. Weezer: Buddy Holly
  31. Eminem: Stan
  32. Chris Isaak: Wicked Game
  33. U2: The Sweetest Thing
  34. The White Stripes: Fell in Love with a Girl
  35. Sinead O'Connor: Nothing Compares 2U
  36. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away
  37. Guns N Roses: November Rain
  38. Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice
  39. Pulp: Common People
  40. Missy Elliot: Get Ur Freak On
  41. The Spice Girls: Wannabe
  42. Bjork: It's Oh So Quiet
  43. Dire Straits: Money for Nothing
  44. Kylie Minogue: Can't Get You Out of My Head
  45. Aerosmith: Crazy
  46. Adam & the Ants: Prince Charming
  47. The Prodigy: Firestarter
  48. Johnny Cash: Hurt
  49. Jamiroquai: Virtual Insanity
  50. Paul Simon: You Can Call Me Al
  51. Run DMC & Aerosmith: Walk This Way
  52. Massive Attack: Teardrop
  53. Wham: Club Tropicana
  54. Daft Punk: Around the World
  55. Fatboy Slim: Praise You
  56. Eminem: Without Me
  57. Meatloaf: I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)
  58. The Cure: Close to Me
  59. Abba: Knowing Me, Knowing You
  60. Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams
  61. The Prodigy: Smack My b*tc* Up
  62. Blur: Parklife
  63. George Michael: Outside
  64. Bjork: Human Behaviour
  65. Aphex Twin: Windowlicker
  66. Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues
  67. The Beastie Boys: Sabotage
  68. Madonna: Ray of Light
  69. Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes
  70. The Police: Every Breath You Take
  71. Bjork: All Is Full of Love
  72. Robert Palmer: Addicted to Love
  73. Basement Jaxx: Where's Your Head At?
  74. Wu-Tang Clan: Gravel Pit
  75. Duran Duran: Rio
  76. The Beatles: Strawberry Fields
  77. MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This
  78. Godley and Creme: Cry
  79. New Order: True Faith
  80. Radiohead: Just
  81. Ultravox: Vienna
  82. 50 Cent: In Da Club
  83. Shakespear's Sister: Stay
  84. The Boomtown Rats: I Don't Like Mondays
  85. Sid Vicious: My Way
  86. The Streets: Fit But You Know It
  87. Talking Heads: Once in a Lifetime
  88. Elton John: I Want Love
  89. Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight Tonight
  90. The Pet Shop Boys: Go West
  91. The Specials: Ghost Town
  92. Herbie Hancock: Rockit
  93. The Rolling Stones: We Love You
  94. Bonnie Tyler: Total Eclipse of the Heart
  95. The Cardigans: My Favourite Game
  96. So Solid Crew: 21 Seconds
  97. Cornershop: Brimful of Asha
  98. Bronski Beat: Smalltown Boy
  99. Supergrass: Pumping on Your Stereo
100. Musical Youth: Pass the Dutchie

Subject: Re: 100 Greatest Pop Videos.(As voted for by the British public.)

Written By: karen on 02/07/05 at 7:00 am

I saw a very small part of the programme, from the end of #65 to #59.

Personally I prefer #2 to #1 but I guess it's hard to deny the great concept behind the full version of Thriller

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/07/05 at 9:03 am

1. Michael Jackson: Thriller - fair enough; the epitome of Big Production videos and probably the moment when music videos really became more video than music.
  2. Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer - woot go the Aardman boys (Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, and also the video for Nina Simone's My Baby Just Cares For Me
  3. A-ha: Take on Me - Well duh! Also happened to be programmed by The Hives on Rage last weekend and I dropped everything I was doing when I heard it come on TV on the background ;D 
  4. Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody - started the bleed from concert to concept videos
  5. Madonna: Like a Prayer - nice noir look, although not really my my thing.
  6. Robbie Williams: Rock DJ - more of a novelty video, really. Good SFX I suppose.
  7. Michael Jackson: Billie Jean - wow - actual story telling :)
  8. The Verve: Bittersweet Symphony - dunno; these one-shots for the sake of it seem a bit tedious
  9. Madonna: Vogue - not particularly interesting to me
  10. Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit - good song, but really, not a distinguished video
  11. Coldplay: The Scientist - another novelty video, although at least a minimally interesting story
  12. Michael & Janet Jackson: Scream - I don't remember it either, but it was around the time of MJ's earlier tribulations, I think, so Janet came out in support of him
  13. Pink Floyd: Another Brick in the Wall - nice bit of complementary imagery there - was it taken directly from the stage show?
  14. Christina Aguilera: Dirrty - nah
  15. REM: Everybody Hurts - ooh luvverly. Mysterious, simple - the slow motion pan is, as they say, like being in a car accident
  16. OutKast: Hey Ya - eh - not really all that novel anymore, although I like the funky jockeys and their hand motions :D 
  17. Blur: Coffee & TV - strangely mesmerising, considering the really sappy main "character"
  18. Beyonce: Crazy in Love - No. Call that dancing?
  19. Madonna: Material Gir - I bet a million blondes kicked themselves for not thinking of it earlier
  20. Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood Alright, although kinda pointless. Oh well, goes with the slacker attitude, I suppose :)
  21. Queen: I Want to Break Free - some men look WAY too good in women's clothes :lol:
  22. Justin Timberlake: Cry Me a River - don't recall it
  23. Britney Spears: ...Baby One More Time - agreed; highly influential for the lowering of the publically acceptable "age of sexiness"
  24. Radiohead: No Surprises - I always hold my breath and see if Thom Yorke will drown before I do ;)
  25. Madness: Baggy Trousers - don't actually remember the video, but I don't ever recall them having outstanding videos anyway
  26. TLC: Waterfalls not really my type of music, so I never really paid attention to this
  27. David Bowie: Ashes to Ashes - Striking, although not really captivating
  28. Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly - funny mini-movie complete with Tenacious D cameo
  29. Electric Six: Gay Bar - dunno about the Abe Lincoln beards :P
  30. Weezer: Buddy Holly - I like the way the original Happy Days footage was worked in - it fit the style of the song as well
  31. Eminem: Stan - never paid close attention - although it did seem to drag a bit
  32. Chris Isaak: Wicked Game - meh; just a standard near-naked woman wandering around type of video
  33. U2: The Sweetest Thing - can't recall this one
  34. The White Stripes: Fell in Love with a Girl - brillant conecpt, carried off with the right degree of "roughness" with the LEGO, mimicing the slightly chaotic song
  35. Sinead O'Connor: Nothing Compares 2U - boring for me
  36. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away- the comment here in Oz was "this is what happens when you forget to clean your spa". Flashy and energetic, like the band
  37. Guns N Roses: November Rain - dont recall
  38. Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice - OK, but the langorous action seemed a bit at odd with the relentless movement of the song
  39. Pulp: Common People - I preferred their song (and video) Babies. The hi-key supermarket was far to glam for that song
  40. Missy Elliot: Get Ur Freak On - don't rememebr exactly which one this is
  41. The Spice Girls: Wannabe - kinda meh.
  42. Bjork: It's Oh So Quiet never really liked this song, although the dancing in the streets does suit the big band musical style
  43. Dire Straits: Money for Nothing - newfangled computer graphics look horribly clunky now, but were a real novelty back then
  44. Kylie Minogue: Can't Get You Out of My Head - not very interesting, thanks to double-sided tape ;)
  45. Aerosmith: Crazy - I forget what this looked like, but didn't Liv Tyler feel embarrassed prancing around to her Dad's sexy singing?
  46. Adam & the Ants: Prince Charming - don't recall this one
  47. The Prodigy: Firestarter - hmmm, vaguely unsettling but otherwise not outstanding
  48. Johnny Cash: Hurt - saw it once, but can't rememebr it now
  49. Jamiroquai: Virtual Insanity - love this one. Always wondered how they got the furniture to dance and found out much later. Very smooth.
  50. Paul Simon: You Can Call Me Al - way too cheesy
  51. Run DMC & Aerosmith: Walk This Way - funny, but gee Steve Tyler must only just have come out of rehab!
  52. Massive Attack: Teardrop - is this the one with the foetus? A bit long, I thought
  53. Wham: Club Tropicana - never  saw it
  54. Daft Punk: Around the World - ok for a little while, but I much prefer their long sequence of anime videos for the SSSS album, or even the sob story of Da Funk
  55. Fatboy Slim: Praise You - nah
  56. Eminem: Without Me - strangely enjoyable, with the parody not overdoing the smart-arse attitude
  57. Meatloaf: I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) - never saw this
  58. The Cure: Close to Me - my brother calls this the "Cliff and Cupboard" song :D Kinda disturbing and wild
  59. Abba: Knowing Me, Knowing You - don't ever recall seeing a video for this
  60. Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams - don't remember the video
  61. The Prodigy: Smack My b*tc* Up - very clever, but a one-joke show that doesn't really need rewatching
  62. Blur: Parklife - sad lives of everyday losers. Funny and tragic
  63. George Michael: Outside - too snarky to be effective
  64. Bjork: Human Behaviour - that bear is so cute - right up until it eats her. The dark tones match the song well.
  65. Aphex Twin: Windowlicker - OK, but a bit long as well. He does do a good line in shockingly ugly though
  66. Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues - simple, direct. Doesn't outstay its welcome,and is worth several viewings
  67. The Beastie Boys: Sabotage - never really got into this one, despite loving retro. Maybe I was bored with the cop theme.
  68. Madonna: Ray of Light - not especially interesting
  69. Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes - wasn't into them, and never got into this video either, although they were brave enough to have the Cold War leaders in a one-on-one combat
  70. The Police: Every Breath You Take - don't rememebr the video exactly
  71. Bjork: All Is Full of Love - hmmm; can't place this one - if it's the "piercing" video, then yes - extremely fascinating and slightly unnerving. If it's the robot one - kinda boring (I find actual industrial robots interesting though)
  72. Robert Palmer: Addicted to Love - was this before or after Simply Irresistible? Once was enough.
  73. Basement Jaxx: Where's Your Head At? - tries to be shocking, but not much happening
  74. Wu-Tang Clan: Gravel Pit - I remember it was a bit ridiculous and bombastic with no cleverness
  75. Duran Duran: Rio - only remember a little bit on the boat, and it seemed typical of much of that era without standing out
  76. The Beatles: Strawberry Fields - never seen the video
  77. MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This - the bright colours and parachute pants made an unforgettable statement!
  78. Godley and Creme: Cry - great idea to do morphing so early
  79. New Order: True Faith - unsettling video of cartoon violence and bright colours, with harsh lighting in a seemingly futile playpen of horrors
  80. Radiohead: Just - hardly anything happens, but it packs a real emotional wallop. I love this one even more than the REM video for Everybody Hurts, although I think I like the latter song a bit more
  81. Ultravox: Vienna - can't rememebr watching this one]
  82. 50 Cent: In Da Club - vague memories of it, but I suspect it was all a bit puffed up and unmemorable
  83. Shakespear's Sister: Stay - don't remember this video
  84. The Boomtown Rats: I Don't Like Mondays - I rememebr the song more than the video, although I remember the ominous opening and closing shots of a little house in some anonymous country village somewhere
  85. Sid Vicious: My Way - har har. Not particularly clever or amusing
  86. The Streets: Fit But You Know It - was this the "photos" video? was alright. Kept my interest going with the story told in holiday snaps
  87. Talking Heads: Once in a Lifetime - seemed like it was being a bit too clever for the sake of it, with the magnified scientific background and the nutty professor look that Byrne had
  88. Elton John: I Want Love - if thsi is the Robbie Williams At The Window clip, that's at least stayed with me, although I don't remember any of the song at all
  89. Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight Tonight - gah I remember the simple videos for Disarm and 1979, but not this one
  90. The Pet Shop Boys: Go West - don't recall. Too light and inconsequential.
  91. The Specials: Ghost Town - a bit depressing, especially at the end when they're chucking rocks by the riverbank with on-one lese around
  92. Herbie Hancock: Rockit - never really paid attention to this
  93. The Rolling Stones: We Love You - never seen it
  94. Bonnie Tyler: Total Eclipse of the Heart - don't really recall anything except a glowing halo of backlit blonde hair. Not very satisfying
  95. The Cardigans: My Favourite Game - wheeeeeeeeeeBONK! That's the only funny bit at the end
  96. So Solid Crew: 21 Seconds -don't know this one
  97. Cornershop: Brimful of Asha - kind of average hippy girl in rumpus room clip
  98. Bronski Beat: Smalltown Boy - I remember the biut early on when he's looking out the train window, but all else is a blur
  99. Supergrass: Pumping on Your Stereo - I thought AlRight was more memorable
100. Musical Youth: Pass the Dutchie - dont remember the video

Sometimes I think intros are at least as interesting as the clips themselves. And there's definitely some newer ones missing (take almost any Chemical Brothers clip). There seems to be a bit too much nostalgia for favourite songs there.

Written By: woops on 02/07/05 at 4:02 pm

1. Michael Jackson: Thriller... No Suprise  ::)  8)
   2. Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer...  8)
   3. A-ha: Take on Me... 8)
   4. Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody...  8)
   5. Madonna: Like a Prayer...  8)
   6. Robbie Williams: Rock DJ...  :P... discusting, and not in a good way
   7. Michael Jackson: Billie Jean...  8)...shouldn't be in the top 10
   8. The Verve: Bittersweet Symphony  8). but shouldn't be in top 20
   9. Madonna: Vogue  8)
  10. Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit  8)
  12. Michael & Janet Jackson: Scream...What is this listed...  :P
  13. Pink Floyd: Another Brick in the Wall... classic  8)
  14. Christina Aguilera: Dirrty ...yech!!!  :P
  15. REM: Everybody Hurts ...classic
  16. OutKast: Hey Ya... OK, but not worthy of being on this list
  17. Blur: Coffee & TV... It's OK
  18. Beyonce: Crazy in Love... Yechhh!  :P
  19. Madonna: Material Girl... One of my favorite Madonna videos
  20. Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood... great video, but not worthy of being on this list
  21. Queen: I Want to Break Free ... never saw
  22. Justin Timberlake: Cry Me a River Gotta be kidding  :P
  23. Britney Spears: ...Baby One More Time...What!?!  :P
  25. Madness: Baggy Trousers... never saw
  26. TLC: Waterfalls...great special effects, classic
  27. David Bowie: Ashes to Ashes... classic
  28. Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly... funny
  30. Weezer: Buddy Holly... one of my faves and one of the best edited videos I've seen
  31. Eminem: Stan... one of his best
  32. Chris Isaak: Wicked Game... classic...no comment about the model
  33. U2: The Sweetest Thing... OK, but they have better
  34. The White Stripes: Fell in Love with a Girl... The greatest video of this decade  8)
  35. Sinead O'Connor: Nothing Compares 2U... wahy is this considered one of the greatest? It's nothing but her face & images of a garden
  36. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away...  8)
  37. Guns N Roses: November Rain... classic epic video
  38. Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice... funny  :D
  40. Missy Elliot: Get Ur Freak On... OK, but not my fave
  41. The Spice Girls: Wannabe... yechhh!!!  :P Why not New Edition or Debbie Gibson instead.  :D  :)
  42. Bjork: It's Oh So Quiet... classic, reminds me of those musicals shown on TCM
  43. Dire Straits: Money for Nothing... a classic video featuring computer animation (one of the first I assume)
  44. Kylie Minogue: Can't Get You Out of My Head...  :-*  8)
  45. Aerosmith: Crazy... not my favorite, but Alicia Silverstone was cute
  47. The Prodigy: Firestarter... yech!  :P
  49. Jamiroquai: Virtual Insanity... classic
  50. Paul Simon: You Can Call Me Al... anything with Chevy before his infamous talk show  :D
  51. Run DMC & Aerosmith: Walk This Way... classic hip hop/rock combo
  54. Daft Punk: Around the World... I like the costumes and coreography
  55. Fatboy Slim: Praise You... decent
  56. Eminem: Without Me... should be ranked lower, though I like that video
  57. Meatloaf: I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)... not my cup of tea
  58. The Cure: Close to Me... one of my favorite video from The Cure  8)
  60. Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams... calssic
  61. The Prodigy: Smack My b*tc* Up... banned video clip that I can't get my eyes off ...It's OK
  64. Bjork: Human Behaviour... great clip  8)
  65. Aphex Twin: Windowlicker... funny  8)
  66. Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues... classic  8)
  67. The Beastie Boys: Sabotage... Classic  8)
  68. Madonna: Ray of Light... she has better videos than that  :P
  69. Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes... OK video, great political song/video
  70. The Police: Every Breath You Take  8)
  72. Robert Palmer: Addicted to Love...  8)
  75. Duran Duran: Rio... classic  8)
  76. The Beatles: Strawberry Fields... never saw
  77. MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This... personal favorite, but still classic
  78. Godley and Creme: Cry... classic, should be ranked higher
  79. New Order: True Faith... classic 8) Loved the costumes
  81. Ultravox: Vienna... great clip
  82. 50 Cent: In Da Club... What!?!  :P
  84. The Boomtown Rats: I Don't Like Mondays... OK video
  87. Talking Heads: Once in a Lifetime... ranked higher
  89. Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight Tonight... should be ranked higher
  91. The Specials: Ghost Town... OK clip, but not worthy of being listed
  92. Herbie Hancock: Rockit... should be higher
  94. Bonnie Tyler: Total Eclipse of the Heart... cheesy, but not good nor bad
  95. The Cardigans: My Favourite Game... should be higher
100. Musical Youth: Pass the Dutchie... OK video, good rank

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/07/05 at 5:05 pm

Aha... I heard about this programme on...*ahem*...another forum. So it was out of 100. "Thriller" being #1 is no surprise. Could we come up with something a little more original please?

As with most of these "lists," I disagree with the positioning of a lot of them. Some could have been higher and some deserved to be lower.

And...please...I don't think I need to express my disappointment and contempt with #81. Er...I think someone might have mistaken its positioning with the year it came out in. :P It could have at least made the Top 20!!!

This means nothing to me...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/07/05 at 5:24 pm

there's a video for gay bar! w00t, i'm off to find it....

Written By: woops on 02/07/05 at 8:32 pm

Why is "Thriller" always #1 in most "Greatest Videos of All Time" lists... Still a great video with a huge production... but still...

I wonder what would've been #1 if this, or any list, were to be ranked by viewers...  :)

Edited: I just realized this was ranked by the British public, not some network or magazine...  :)

Though "Sledgehammer" could've gotten some more votes to be #1.

Written By: Gis on 02/08/05 at 8:52 am

there's a video for gay bar! w00t, i'm off to find it....
It's very funny and very suggestive and was banned in America as it featured the singer as Abe Lincoln.The song was huge in the U.K probably mostly due to the video !

Written By: Gis on 02/08/05 at 8:57 am

35. Sinead O'Connor: Nothing Compares 2U... wahy is this considered one of the greatest? It's nothing but her face & images of a garden

This has always been considered a classic because of the raw emotion she shows, especially when she starts crying.I think it's a beautiful video.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/17/06 at 3:51 pm

I don't know if anyone else watched this show last night but here's the list, what do you think? I was surprised at some entries and surprised at where some came in the chart.It was an interesting show in terms of how they discused the entries and the little anecdotes about the making of some of them !  I have never even heard the song or seen the video for number 12.As to number 29, it was banned in America so I don't know if it will mean alot to some of you.
   1. Michael Jackson: Thriller
   2. Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer
   3. A-ha: Take on Me
   4. Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
   5. Madonna: Like a Prayer
   6. Robbie Williams: Rock DJ
   7. Michael Jackson: Billie Jean
   8. The Verve: Bittersweet Symphony
   9. Madonna: Vogue
  10. Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
  11. Coldplay: The Scientist
  12. Michael & Janet Jackson: Scream
  13. Pink Floyd: Another Brick in the Wall
  14. Christina Aguilera: Dirrty
  15. REM: Everybody Hurts
  16. OutKast: Hey Ya
  17. Blur: Coffee & TV
  18. Beyonce: Crazy in Love
  19. Madonna: Material Girl
  20. Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood
  21. Queen: I Want to Break Free
  22. Justin Timberlake: Cry Me a River
  23. Britney Spears: ...Baby One More Time
  24. Radiohead: No Surprises
  25. Madness: Baggy Trousers
  26. TLC: Waterfalls
  27. David Bowie: Ashes to Ashes
  28. Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly
  29. Electric Six: Gay Bar
  30. Weezer: Buddy Holly
  31. Eminem: Stan
  32. Chris Isaak: Wicked Game
  33. U2: The Sweetest Thing
  34. The White Stripes: Fell in Love with a Girl
  35. Sinead O'Connor: Nothing Compares 2U
  36. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away
  37. Guns N Roses: November Rain
  38. Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice
  39. Pulp: Common People
  40. Missy Elliot: Get Ur Freak On
  41. The Spice Girls: Wannabe
  42. Bjork: It's Oh So Quiet
  43. Dire Straits: Money for Nothing
  44. Kylie Minogue: Can't Get You Out of My Head
  45. Aerosmith: Crazy
  46. Adam & the Ants: Prince Charming
  47. The Prodigy: Firestarter
  48. Johnny Cash: Hurt
  49. Jamiroquai: Virtual Insanity
  50. Paul Simon: You Can Call Me Al
  51. Run DMC & Aerosmith: Walk This Way
  52. Massive Attack: Teardrop
  53. Wham: Club Tropicana
  54. Daft Punk: Around the World
  55. Fatboy Slim: Praise You
  56. Eminem: Without Me
  57. Meatloaf: I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)
  58. The Cure: Close to Me
  59. Abba: Knowing Me, Knowing You
  60. Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams
  61. The Prodigy: Smack My b*tc* Up
  62. Blur: Parklife
  63. George Michael: Outside
  64. Bjork: Human Behaviour
  65. Aphex Twin: Windowlicker
  66. Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues
  67. The Beastie Boys: Sabotage
  68. Madonna: Ray of Light
  69. Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes
  70. The Police: Every Breath You Take
  71. Bjork: All Is Full of Love
  72. Robert Palmer: Addicted to Love
  73. Basement Jaxx: Where's Your Head At?
  74. Wu-Tang Clan: Gravel Pit
  75. Duran Duran: Rio
  76. The Beatles: Strawberry Fields
  77. MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This
  78. Godley and Creme: Cry
  79. New Order: True Faith
  80. Radiohead: Just
  81. Ultravox: Vienna
  82. 50 Cent: In Da Club
  83. Shakespear's Sister: Stay
  84. The Boomtown Rats: I Don't Like Mondays
  85. Sid Vicious: My Way
  86. The Streets: Fit But You Know It
  87. Talking Heads: Once in a Lifetime
  88. Elton John: I Want Love
  89. Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight Tonight
  90. The Pet Shop Boys: Go West
  91. The Specials: Ghost Town
  92. Herbie Hancock: Rockit
  93. The Rolling Stones: We Love You
  94. Bonnie Tyler: Total Eclipse of the Heart
  95. The Cardigans: My Favourite Game
  96. So Solid Crew: 21 Seconds
  97. Cornershop: Brimful of Asha
  98. Bronski Beat: Smalltown Boy
  99. Supergrass: Pumping on Your Stereo
100. Musical Youth: Pass the Dutchie

I do not remember voting for any of these.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/17/06 at 5:40 pm

I thought this was a current thread......damn it.

Written By: whistledog on 12/17/06 at 6:27 pm

Where's Your Head at by Basement Jaxx is at #73.  I love that song to death, but that video was AWFUL.  If I want to see monkeys going crazy, I'll go to the zoo ;D

Written By: Zoso on 12/18/06 at 6:21 am

Thriller's always tops these polls because it's the best. Once a great music video, always a great music video.

And for those who haven't seen scream - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNVdVmJy2n0 (it's a really great music video, you'll love it)

Check for new replies or respond here...