inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No-talent famous people...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/09/05 at 8:52 pm

Who's the worst?

Subject: Re: No-talent famous people...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/09/05 at 8:56 pm

Kevin Harvick is there because he never seems to learn that in NASCAR,fighting gets him FINED...yet he complains about how he never seems to catch the breaks...If he would worry about WINNING RACES rather than 'whose a** can I beat up this race weekend'..maybe he'd actually be in the winner's circle!

Written By: AL-B on 02/09/05 at 9:22 pm

Paris Hilton, no question. She did absolutely nothing to earn what she has, and she walks around as if she is royalty and the rest of us can just go eat cake. All she ever did was have the incredible cosmic fortune of emerging from the vagina of the wife of a billionaire. >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/09/05 at 9:26 pm

William Hung,  His fifteen minutes of fame are almost up!

Written By: woops on 02/09/05 at 10:22 pm

All of the Above except Scott Weidland

As for Ashlee, I only like 2 songs...  :-X

And not forget: Madonna  :P She was cool until the early '90's...which she tries to become a trend follower, awful musi, more awful movies, and always grasping for attention  :P

And Beyonce, Christina Aguilera,

Not to forget wannabe punks like Avril Lavinge, Sum 41. Good Charlotte, etc.

Written By: Wolveroses on 02/10/05 at 12:25 am

Other ...... Tony Stewart

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/05 at 7:20 am

Ashley Simpson, Eminem and William Hung.

IMO, Michael Jackson should not be on that list.  He has talent....he just got really freaky in the past 15 yrs or so.

Written By: thebutcheress on 02/10/05 at 7:44 am

Paris Hilton... Britney Spears... can't act sing or dance...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/05 at 9:40 am

What? No "All of the above" ?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/10/05 at 3:01 pm

Paris Hilton
William Hung
Joanie Laurer
Richard Hatch

Howard

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/10/05 at 5:52 pm

Anna Nicole Smith
George W. Bush
OJ Simpson
Rush Limbaugh
Dennis Rodman
William Hung

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/10/05 at 6:00 pm

Slick Will.....frees convicted criminals just before he leaves office....jerk
Ashlee
Paris
Steroid Bonds...SO picky about what goes into his body but had NO idea a creme had steroids in it ::)
Just Say No J (Yes I'm obssesed)  ;)
Other:
Rosie O'Donnell  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/10/05 at 6:14 pm

There were a few names on the list with whom I am not familiar.  There are a few names of despicable individuals--Michael Jackson, O.J., Rodman, Limbaugh--who are nonetheless "talented" in their given professions.  The poll specifies "no-talent," so here are my six from the list:
George W. Bush
Anna Nicole Smith
Paris Hilton
William Hung
Ashlee Simpson (could have just voted for Jessica just the same).

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/10/05 at 7:20 pm

Why? What has he done that is so awful? He's not a 'choirboy' like Jeff Gordon? Tony Stewart iis NOWHERE NEAR the a**hole some NASCAR 'fans' make him out to be...He is a MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR to stuff like the Victory Junction Gang Camp....he also has the Tony Stewart Foundation set up to pay the medical bills for injured racers and their families....why go after Tony,coz he's not POLITICALLY CORRECT as in'oh the race was great today,the car ran well,so what if I didn't win today'....If Tony Stewart says the race was s***ty,it's because Tony KNOWS WHAT IT IS TO BE A WINNER and HAS A HUNGER FOR WINS,as well as THE HUGE AMOUNT OF TALENT AND GUTS NEEDED TO WIN....NASCAR is not meant to be a 'squeaky-clean' sport anyways....Don't you remember the days of Cale Yarbourough...Bobby and Donnie Allison...Dale Earnhardt SR!?! Were they 'goody two shoes'-NO WAY.....that's what made them GREAT,that refusal to lose...and the HUGE DESIRE TO WIN...nothing wrong with that IMHO!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/10/05 at 7:22 pm

And Beyonce, Christina Aguilera,

Woops, I got to disagree with you with Beyonce and Christina. They have talent. In fact, they are more talented than Debbie Gibson was at their age (I liked her then too, but I've got to be honest here). I mean, c'mon, you like Ashlee Simpson for goodness sake!  ;D

Anyway, I voted for the Simpsons, Paris Hilton, Britney, William Hung, and GW Bush.

Tanya

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/10/05 at 7:35 pm

While if you're talking about people with no real talent, Paris Hilton and Ashlee Simpson lead the bunch. Paris Hilton is just an idiot, everytime I see her and that stupid dog of her's I get sick. She is such a over-pampered, spoiled, rich no-talent loser. She thinks she's a princess, and walks around wearing stuff that has her name on it or "princess". She is in her own little worry-free world. Ashlee Simpson can't sing at all, all she has is her sister's name and nothing else. Hung is another no-talent loser, I can't believe anybody would actually pay to listen to that guy.

Written By: woops on 02/10/05 at 8:22 pm

Not to sound rude, but Beyonce can't sing and uses her sex appeal to sell albums like Britney, Jessica, etc.

Christina may have a voice, but doesn't write her own songs & I doubt she plays a musical  instrument.

Atleast Ashlee only had one decent song, IMO. Maybe that's just me  Even I can sing "Pieces Of Me" & dance like Milli Vanilli.  :D

I would also mention Maroon 5.  :P

Written By: alana on 02/10/05 at 10:54 pm

Where the F#@! is Jennifer"Media Hog"LopezHopez when you really need her as bad as hell on a list like this?! She's also my pick because she's a media whore and she annoys the sheesh out of me!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/10/05 at 11:15 pm

I voted George Dousch, Michael Jerkson, The Juice, Ashlee Wimpson, Britney Sneers, and some other guy.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/11/05 at 8:30 am

Other:

Steve Howe (LA Dodger of several rehab programs)
Darryl Strawberry
Tom "I'll never get an Oscar" Cruise
Justin "I didn't do it" Timberlake
Ashton "Girls my age don't like me to well so I'm dating this has-been 80s actress" Kutcher
Demi "The has-been 80s actress Ashton Kutcher is dating" Moore

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/11/05 at 9:18 am

Slick Will.....frees convicted criminals just before he leaves office....jerk

George HW Bush pardoned every person who was still being investigated for the Iran Contra scandal by a Congressional panel on his way out the door.  Easy to point at almost every president for last minute pardons. 

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/11/05 at 9:29 am

And don't forget Ford pardoned Nixon. :-\\
George HW Bush pardoned every person who was still being investigated for the Iran Contra scandal by a Congressional panel on his way out the door.  Easy to point at almost every president for last minute pardons. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 9:35 am

George HW Bush pardoned every person who was still being investigated for the Iran Contra scandal by a Congressional panel on his way out the door. Easy to point at almost every president for last minute pardons.

And don't forget Ford pardoned Nixon. :-\\
True and true :-\\

Written By: kimmers on 02/11/05 at 9:53 am

I just had to vote for Ashlee and Anna Nicole Smith. :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 10:53 am

Not to sound rude, but Beyonce can't sing and uses her sex appeal to sell albums like Britney, Jessica, etc.

Christina may have a voice, but doesn't write her own songs & I doubt she plays a musical  instrument.

Atleast Ashlee only had one decent song, IMO. Maybe that's just me  Even I can sing "Pieces Of Me" & dance like Milli Vanilli.  :D

I would also mention Maroon 5.  :P

You're killing me, Woops. Maroon 5 is an okay band. Christina does write her songs. Most of her songs on her third album (the one with "Dirrty" and "Beautiful" was written either by her completely or half with someone else). Her voice is her instrument. So, in your opinion, one must play an instrument to be talented? Well, let's the majority of singers then.

Tanya
Tanya

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/11/05 at 1:14 pm

You're killing me, Woops. Maroon 5 is an okay band. Christina does write her songs. Most of her songs on her third album (the one with "Dirrty" and "Beautiful" was written either by her completely or half with someone else). Her voice is her instrument. So, in your opinion, one must play an instrument to be talented? Well, let's the majority of singers then.

I think a lot of people on this list have some talent...  with these three exceptions

Paris Hilton though has zero, annoying twirp born into money
William Hung, can't sing or do anything, accidental fame
Ashlee Simpson, her sister is famous, so even though she can't sing or act, she should be too

the others at least did some work to get where they are.  The above three, well, the world would be better of without them.

whether they're decent people is a different story of course too

Written By: az kat on 02/11/05 at 1:39 pm

About a year ago I watched several episodes of The Ashlee Simpson Show and it was apparent even then that she couldn't sing.  She is riding on the coattails of her sister who some may find annoying but does have talent. 

George W. Bush. I get embarrassed for him every time I hear him speak.

Some on the list have talent and should be on a who don't you like poll instead - Michael Jackson, OJ, Dennis Rodman, Barry Bonds.

Written By: woops on 02/11/05 at 3:33 pm

I think a lot of people on this list have some talent... with these three exceptions

Paris Hilton though has zero, annoying twirp born into money
William Hung, can't sing or do anything, accidental fame
Ashlee Simpson, her sister is famous, so even though she can't sing or act, she should be too

the others at least did some work to get where they are. The above three, well, the world would be better of without them.

whether they're decent people is a different story of course too

Agree. 

I can't belive nobody had yet mentioned overrated  mogul Donald Trump.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/11/05 at 7:52 pm

Why is Scott Weiland on the list....he can't seem to do the work to stay clean,therefore screwing himself,his bandmates,and his fans,repeatedly. I am a food addict,I know full well what any type of addiction is.......yes I get cravings. But I talk to someone,in person,on the phone,or online,to DEAL with those cravings rather than punish myself further by giving up...and giving in. Yes it's hard. But IF ONE REALLY WANTS RECOVERY it is DOABLE.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/11/05 at 8:01 pm

Christina may have a voice, but doesn't write her own songs & I doubt she plays a musical instrument.

Atleast Ashlee only had one decent song, IMO. Maybe that's just me Even I can sing "Pieces Of Me" & dance like Milli Vanilli. :D

I would also mention Maroon 5. :P
Personally,I like Maroon 5. The first and second songs on "Songs About Jane"-Harder To Breathe and This Love...are awesome. Maroon 5 are a young band. Many young bands have to have time to really develop their sound and make their mark. Also I think lead singer Adam Levine is pretty decent...his vocal style fits the band's material,he does not overdo by screaming and singing beyond his range.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 8:06 pm

Lol!  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/12/05 at 9:47 am

Personally,I like Maroon 5. The first and second songs on "Songs About Jane"-Harder To Breathe and This Love...are awesome. Maroon 5 are a young band. Many young bands have to have time to really develop their sound and make their mark. Also I think lead singer Adam Levine is pretty decent...his vocal style fits the band's material,he does not overdo by screaming and singing beyond his range.

Actually, this is their second incarnation. They were once known as Flowers for Jane (or something like that) in the 90s. They were an alternative band. After that didn't quite work out, they changed their format/genre.

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/05 at 10:09 am

I also vote for:

Paris Hilton
Ashlee Simpson
Ashton Kutcher
Anna Nicole Smith

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/12/05 at 6:16 pm

Lol! ;D
What? Do people on this board not want me here?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/12/05 at 6:23 pm

I can't speak for everybody, but I like you on here :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/05 at 7:02 pm

It was not malicious, Tonyfan. I responded to something that I thought was funny.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/05 at 7:35 pm

Don't let someone elses opinion chase you away.  You like Tony Stewart and that is all that should matter.  Who cares if anyone else does...don't let it get to you. :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/05 at 7:41 pm

Don't let someone elses opinion chase you away.  You like Tony Stewart and that is all that should matter.  Who cares if anyone else does...don't let it get to you. :)

Exactly.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/12/05 at 8:13 pm

It was not malicious, Tonyfan. I responded to something that I thought was funny.

Sorry,Bobby,you are still cool with me.

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/05 at 8:15 pm

Sorry,Bobby,you are still cool with me.

No worries.  :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/12/05 at 8:23 pm

Obviously the powers that be at Hewlett-Packard don't think much of Carly Fiorina anymore...entertainers and sports people aren't the only ones who are backstabbers. Seems HP wants to go beyond 'just making printers'....do they not also make computers via their partnership with Compaq? BTW,HP's printers are the ONLY printers I ever use with my PC...excellent product,excellent support,easy to install and configure.....and the ink cartridges are easy to find at any store that sells computers and supplies,even Wal-Marts and K-Marts.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/13/05 at 1:21 pm

William Hung and Eminem

I like alot of those other people  ???  Whats wrong with Dr. Phil?  I like Ashlee and Jessica Simpson  ???

Written By: AL-B on 02/13/05 at 2:30 pm

Why? What has he done that is so awful? He's not a 'choirboy' like Jeff Gordon? Tony Stewart iis NOWHERE NEAR the a**hole some NASCAR 'fans' make him out to be...He is a MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR to stuff like the Victory Junction Gang Camp....he also has the Tony Stewart Foundation set up to pay the medical bills for injured racers and their families....why go after Tony,coz he's not POLITICALLY CORRECT as in'oh the race was great today,the car ran well,so what if I didn't win today'....If Tony Stewart says the race was s***ty,it's because Tony KNOWS WHAT IT IS TO BE A WINNER and HAS A HUNGER FOR WINS,as well as THE HUGE AMOUNT OF TALENT AND GUTS NEEDED TO WIN....NASCAR is not meant to be a 'squeaky-clean' sport anyways....Don't you remember the days of Cale Yarbourough...Bobby and Donnie Allison...Dale Earnhardt SR!?! Were they 'goody two shoes'-NO WAY.....that's what made them GREAT,that refusal to lose...and the HUGE DESIRE TO WIN...nothing wrong with that IMHO!
I also like Tony Stewart, in part because he's "old school," but also for this reason:
    A few yeas back on ESPN I saw a USAC event where they were racing these modified midget-type cars around a 1/3 or 1/2-mile asphalt oval somewhere in Indiana. Tony Stewart was there, and he had taken time out of his busy NASCAR schedule to participate in this local/regional event. Tony's car had some engine trouble in an early heat, and in a later heat he had to start in last place, knowing that his engine probably wouldn't hold out. He rapidly advanced through the field and was almost in the lead when his engine finally blew up. Later they showed him in the pits. He was horsing around with a few of the local drivers and wrestling around with one of them in a playful manner. He wasn't acting at all like Mr. Big Shot NASCAR driver, he was just hanging out and being one of the guys. I thought that was really cool. :)

Written By: woops on 02/13/05 at 5:23 pm

William Hung and Eminem

I like alot of those other people  ???  Whats wrong with Dr. Phil?  I like Ashlee and Jessica Simpson   ???

Finally, another person who admits to like Ashlee Simpson.  :)

I can see why we dislike today's pop acts, but didn't we have a share of cheesy no talent pop acts back in the day like Spice Girls, Hanson (they wrote their own songs, but were too annoying, IMO), Color Me Badd, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, New Kids On The Block, Tiffany (Not to get confused with a better pop singer), Rick Astley, Winger, Milli Vanilli, Samantha Fox, David Cassidy, Leif Garret, The Osmonds, etc. And we all liked some of these acts at one point.  :D  ::)  :P  :-X

I think it's the reason of Dr. Phil being the most popular talk show host (Not to mention so called therapist) today.

Check for new replies or respond here...