inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: They need to change the concepts

Written By: Layce on 02/09/05 at 9:55 pm

For those who like to be scared, is it just me or does every scarey film that is out give us the feeling we're watching The Sixth Sense over and over again. Here are ones that I watched recently:

The Boogyman- somewhat boring
Hide and Seek- looks like the sixth sense part 2
The Grudge- looks like the sixth sense part 3
Gothika- looks like the sixth sense part 4
EVP- a mix of the sixth sense and the ring

I have also watched The Villiage, and even though it wasn't that great, it was good enough simply because the story and concept was different. Who else agrees?

Subject: Re: They need to change the concepts

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/05 at 4:27 am

The trouble with horror movies today is they don't play on the mental psyche so much (exception being 'Ringu'). A film crew would rather rehash and dilute other plots that have been successful in the past, purely because they sold well.

Written By: Apricot on 02/10/05 at 8:27 am

Agreed. We need another Ring. I hope the sequel will be as good.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/10/05 at 8:46 pm

The Ring, Shaun of The Dead, 28 Days Later, and Dawn of The Dead are my current favorites.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/10/05 at 8:48 pm

For those who like to be scared, is it just me or does every scarey film that is out give us the feeling we're watching The Sixth Sense over and over again. Here are ones that I watched recently:

The Boogyman- somewhat boring
Hide and Seek- looks like the sixth sense part 2
The Grudge- looks like the sixth sense part 3
Gothika- looks like the sixth sense part 4
EVP- a mix of the sixth sense and the ring

I have also watched The Villiage, and even though it wasn't that great, it was good enough simply because the story and concept was different. Who else agrees?

EVP?  You must thinking of White Noise.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/10/05 at 11:25 pm

Horror movies had always had that problem.  Only a few are truly good.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 6:44 am

When I was very young, I watched, what was essentially a cheesy film, called 'Scream pretty Peggy'. It scared the hell out of me because it was the first time I saw transvetitism on the screen (sorry, I saw this before Psycho).

The 70s film, 'Patrick' is a worthy watch too. It's about a patient in a coma which has telekinetic powers. Great.  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/05 at 12:41 am

Recently, I watched probally one of the most chessiest horror/thrillers that I have seen in awhile, Lisa. 

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/05 at 9:41 am

I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show last night for the first time. Scared the hell out of me.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...