inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prince Charles & Camilla set a wedding date

Written By: jaytee on 02/10/05 at 8:29 pm

This has been all over the news in Australia this morning.  Who really gives a toss!

Subject: Re: Prince Charles & Camilla set a wedding date

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/05 at 8:44 pm

Certainly not me.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/05 at 9:45 pm

Camilla is NASTY.  And so is bonnie Prince Charley.  They deserve each other.

And he is such a romantic bloke too.  Remember when he told her "I want to be your tampon" ?

;D ;D

Written By: NbC on 02/11/05 at 6:50 am

:P 

Written By: Paul on 02/11/05 at 6:53 am

Oh, we've been treated to the subject at every conceivable angle...I think I had to go straight to page 12 of today's paper to find a bit of 'other' news...

I'm no fan of the RF anyway, so I couldn't be bothered if he married his horse...(the horse might be better looking, tho'...!!)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/05 at 6:58 am

And he is such a romantic bloke too.  Remember when he told her "I want to be your tampon" ?

;D ;D

ooooh yuck, I didn't know about that, and now wish I still didn't.  Of course she is at an age where that is no
longer necessary. 

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 7:04 am

Oh, we've been treated to the subject at every conceivable angle...I think I had to go straight to page 12 of today's paper to find a bit of 'other' news...

I'm no fan of the RF anyway, so I couldn't be bothered if he married his horse...(the horse might be better looking, tho'...!!)

Too right, lol.

I believe if Charles becomes the King, Camilla will have this stupid title that doesn't mean much called 'Princess Consort'. That sounds like the name of a 70s car to me.  ;D

I was watching local news yesterday and they did those vox pops style interviews to the public asking for their opinion on the marriage. One old bloke clearly didn't care and it kind of bruted the interviewer out. Whether the old bloke realised it or not, he spoke for a generation.  ;D

Written By: Paul on 02/11/05 at 7:07 am

I believe if Charles becomes the King, Camilla will have this stupid title that doesn't mean much called 'Princess Consort'. That sounds like the name of a 70s car to me.  ;D

No, the title's not that stupid - she's very much like a 70s car...

Still runs, but patched-up in places and looks clapped-out...!!

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 7:08 am

No, the title's not that stupid - she's very much like a 70s car...

Still runs, but patched-up in places and looks clapped-out...!!

LOL!!!!  ;D

I suppose, in retrospect, you are right, Paul. The title does sound apt.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 9:36 am

FINALLY...dog faced Charles has found his puppy to pound :P

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/11/05 at 10:30 am

He's already been Diana's douche bag.  ::)
Remember when he told her "I want to be your tampon" ?

;D ;D

Written By: McDonald on 02/11/05 at 10:43 am

Hrrmm. I hope this doesn't get the Canadian Republicans all riled up again. For years they've been whining that Charles wouldn't make a proper King, so after the death of the Queen they think we should abolish the monarchy altogether. Now that he's marrying this ugly old sow, things aren't going to get any easier for the Monarchists in Canada. With any luck, he'll die before the Queen, or get skipped via some ancient loophole. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 10:50 am

Both of them are pigs, so they deserve each other! Prince William will soon have his revenge when he's king.

Tanya

Written By: AL-B on 02/11/05 at 2:11 pm

;D ;D
I hope that during the wedding, just after the priest (or minister or vicar or whatever) says, "You may kiss the bride," their nasty, green, gnarled-up snaggleteeth get gridlocked together and that they need emergency dental surgery to get separated.  :P

(Honestly, I REALLY hope I can live to see the day when Prince Harry becomes king, just to see if he calls for his pipe, and he calls for his bowl, and he calls for his fiddlers three!!!)  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/11/05 at 2:12 pm

I hope that during the wedding, just after the priest (or minister or vicar or whatever) says, "You may kiss the bride," their nasty, green, gnarled-up snaggleteeth get gridlocked together and that they need emergency dental surgery to get separated.  :P

(Honestly, I REALLY hope I can live to see the day when Prince Harry becomes king, just to see if he calls for his pipe, and he calls for his bowl, and he calls for his fiddlers three!!!)  ;D ;D ;D

Harry doesn't have a chance. He's a spare. William is next in line after Charles. Then, when William has a son. He'll be next.

Tanya

Written By: AL-B on 02/11/05 at 2:21 pm

Harry doesn't have a chance. He's a spare. William is next in line after Charles. Then, when William has a son. He'll be next.

Tanya
That's too bad. I'd like to see a stooge like Harry get in there, just to illustrate the folly of the monarchy. I've always wondered...where does the royal family get their fortune anyway? Are they sitting on wealth that they have accumulated over hundreds of years? Or is their extravagant lifestyle supported by the taxpayers of the United Kingdom???
    Even better...I know that the Queen's role is supposed to be ceremonial, but is it possible that she has more influence in the government (behind the scenes, of course) than we are led to believe?

Written By: philbo on 02/11/05 at 2:41 pm

Even better...I know that the Queen's role is supposed to be ceremonial, but is it possible that she has more influence in the government (behind the scenes, of course) than we are led to believe?

Nah, if she had any influence, the hunting bill would never have been passed.

What has saddened me is some of the comments about Charles: there's been so much rubbish written about the chap in the gutter press that it ain't surprising that public perception of him is completely skewed.  Given that he was pretty much forced to marry a brainless bride whose main qualification was that she had stayed a virgin, gets pilloried for saying things he didn't say, etc. ad nauseam..  you can talk about "privilege" all you want, nobody in their right minds would want to have had the life he's had to live.  And nobody seems to give a sheesh about the remarkable amount of hard work he has put in on a large range of good causes. Good luck to him, I say.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/05 at 3:30 pm

So,why did they wait this long to marry? ::)

Howard

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/11/05 at 6:11 pm

Probably because they didn't want people to think they were circling around Diana's grave like vultures. (Of course, it didn't work. ::))
So,why did they wait this long to marry? ::)

Howard

Written By: AL-B on 02/11/05 at 6:19 pm

What has saddened me is some of the comments about Charles: there's been so much rubbish written about the chap in the gutter press that it ain't surprising that public perception of him is completely skewed.
True, it seems like the British tabloid press is so sleazy that it makes the American press appear "fair and balanced" by comparison. ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/11/05 at 6:42 pm

It's interesting that in a country where we have no Freedom of speach as such the press says what the heck they like.

Charles isn't that bad.. he at least says what he thinks (which isn't always right but is admirable).. also find me another Brit who has raised over £600,000,000 for charity.. no.. o.k then. For the Yanks amongst us he has raised over $1Billion (how many zero's 8?).

Meh.. the memory of Diana isn't worth squat.. she was nothing amazing.. ohmigosh how down to earth.. well errr yeah that's because compared to the rest of the royals she was common as muck. She really didn't do a vast amount.. Charlie has done far more.. he just dosen't gloat.

I could care less about them getting married because Charles won't be King for long anyway.. he is getting on a bit now and it is well known that he isn't in 100% shape. Hell the Queen could preside over his Funeral.

The royals have no real power anymore.. 'tis just convention that keeps them in Power. They are a tourist attraction now.. and a bloody good one, i say any Tourist attraction that brings in over £2,000,000,00 (billion) of Revenue is a bloody good one. And if they get married or die or something, we are entitled to a day off work. Yipee!

Written By: jaytee on 02/11/05 at 9:29 pm

Actually I don't mind poor old Charlie.  I wouldn't want to change places with him!  He should have married Camilla 30 years ago.  It just gets me how much time Australian television has devoted to their engagement. 

Written By: whitewolf on 02/11/05 at 10:09 pm

Actually I always thought Dianna brought a bit of style to the royal family. They are all a bit too stuffy. Except of course Harry and sometimes William. Charles and camilla are perfect for each other.
Charles married Dianna because mummy said too. If he had any backbone he would have married this one long ago.

Personally I don't think Charles should ever be given the chance to be king. the Queen's Uncle had to give up his line to the throne because he  was marring a divorcee. Charles and Camilla are both divorced so shouldn't that mean that he gives up the throne to either William or Prince Edward, Andy won't get it because he too is divorced.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/05 at 12:47 am

After and Before the wedding, news will be playing about this 24/7, wake me up from this nightmare when it's over!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: philbo on 02/12/05 at 3:48 am

Oh, I nearly forgot to plug a parody: One Would Rather Like To Be King... kind of topical ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/12/05 at 6:34 am

Charles married Dianna because mummy said too. If he had any backbone he would have married this one long ago.

Charles is a self-absorbed moron.

He had a fantasic squeeze like Her Royal Babeness Diana and he was sneaking around with that old bag Camilla?  Incredible.

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/12/05 at 11:17 am

Her Royal Babeness Diana

Let's not exagerate

Check for new replies or respond here...