inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What should the new wave of rock be called?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 2:52 am

Its seems that since 2003 Numetal has been in decline and a new type of rock (related to 1990s indie rock) is taking over the rock stations.  Numetal's definitely still around but in a lesser form than in 1999-2002.

This new rock is more acoustic than numetal and uses synths and New Wave influence about as freely as the numetallers use rap beats.  A lot comes from Britian but some comes from North America.  I guess you could say Numetal is influnced by hard rock and is partially hip hop and this new rock is more influenced by alternative 80s but that might be a tad of a stretch. 

This rock is represented by The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, The Killers, The Hives, The Vines, among others. 

I say we name it Nuwave, as opposed to "New Wave", because of its ties to the eighties synthpop movement and also its more modern occurence.  Also it immediately followed numetal.  Or it could be called Post-Indie Rock.

Subject: Re: What should the new wave of rock be called?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/13/05 at 9:40 am

I noticed something intersting, there seems to be alot groups out there now with the word "The" in their group name.  ::)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 5:34 pm

I noticed something intersting, there seems to be alot groups out there now with the word "The" in their group name. ::)

Sorta how a lot of New Waver's names are repeats (Duran Duran, Talk Talk, Mr. Mister, the Go-Go's)  ;D
Hmm...

-FHF  :)

Written By: AL-B on 02/13/05 at 5:40 pm

How about "The New Wave of Rock?"  ;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...