inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: B-Boys are Coming Back!

Written By: Guest on 02/14/05 at 7:24 pm

Are you still an Backstreet Boys fan?  Check this out!

The Backstreet Boys are going to make a come back this year and it will be better then ever.  This is a proven fact; not a made up story.  One thing that their music may not sound the same as 1998-1999 and they may have more of a pop/punk like sound than a teen pop sensation.  I predict that they will finally die by 2009-2010 with a Hits:  Chapter 2 CD.

Subject: Re: B-Boys are Coming Back!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/05 at 8:18 pm

The Backstreet Boys are going to make a come back this year and it will be better then ever.  This is a proven fact; not a made up story.  One thing that their music may not sound the same as 1998-1999 and they may have more of a pop/punk like sound than a teen pop sensation.  I predict that they will finally die by 2009-2010 with a Hits:  Chapter 2 CD.

I predict that I won't give a darn when they do release a new CD! Sorry if I offended anyone... I am just not a big Backstreet Boy fan!  ::)  ;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/14/05 at 8:29 pm

i'd rather look at sicko's pic than sit through listening to backstreet boys latest tripe.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/14/05 at 8:40 pm

A pop/punk 30-something boy band? LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!11!1!

Written By: AL-B on 02/14/05 at 8:41 pm

I thought they had already come back.  I thought they all got tattoos, took guitar lessons, and renamed themselves "Good Charlotte." >:(

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/14/05 at 8:59 pm

Even those losers are better than the ghetto garbage that is on the radio now.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/14/05 at 9:15 pm

1999 was gone!  DON'T BRING IT BACK ...  >:(  GO AWAY PUNK BOY BANDS AND PUNK-BOPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they sell no copies.  >:(

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/14/05 at 9:29 pm

I thought they had already come back.  I thought they all got tattoos, took guitar lessons, and renamed themselves "Good Charlotte."

Good one.

All I can say is, God help us.  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/05 at 9:42 pm

Good one.

All I can say is, God help us.  :(

When the Backstreet Boys return....

The moon will crash in the Earth.
I'll move to Alaska and change my name to Senior Bob.  ::)
Dogs and cats will get married.
I'll smash the nearest radio that plays any of their new song!  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/14/05 at 11:35 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tanya

Written By: Wolveroses on 02/15/05 at 4:33 am

Wanna hear something funny?

When you said B-Boys, I thought you meant the Breakdancing Boys.  Back in the 80s when they were called that.  In a way, breakdancing was making a small come back.

TKO (Turbo, Kelly, Ozone), you guys rocked!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 02/15/05 at 10:28 am

Well, I actually liked  the Backstreet Boys.  I personally found them a "breath of fresh air" coming out of that whole "grunge thing".  No offence to those who liked it, but I didn't.  :-\\

Now I have heard the same thing--though I have a difficult time picturing them much more "hardcore" than they ever were..rock?  Not real likely.  Shock me they might, but I'm not holding my breath.  We'll have to see.  I thought they were entertaining, and to me not much out of this current timeframe has been.  I could probably count on one hand the number of "modern" cd's I've bought in the past ten years.  It's bad enough that every time I buy anything, hubby says "That's not another eighties cd is it?  Honey, live in the now! ("But why??"  ;))

In any case, I'll listen to them again..but if their sound has changed a lot, I wouldn't buy it.  But, I refuse to condemn the guys, and I'll give them another chance.  ::) 
I do hope they don't go with the "B-Boys" thing though...  :-\\

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/15/05 at 3:53 pm

I have always thought they sucked.  I never liked them and never will.  They need to be gone along with any of their music.

Written By: Guest on 02/15/05 at 8:09 pm

One good thing that something will be on the Billboard Charts besides that R&B/Hip-Hop/Pop-Punk crap.  :)

Written By: Punk Daddy on 02/16/05 at 5:04 am

Wanna hear something funny?

When you said B-Boys, I thought you meant the Breakdancing Boys.  Back in the 80s when they were called that.  In a way, breakdancing was making a small come back.

TKO (Turbo, Kelly, Ozone), you guys rocked!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I thought too...a guy who was in Breakin' 2 lives across the street from my in-laws. he's now in his mid-30s and man I'm feeling older everyday.

Check for new replies or respond here...