inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Jacko Sick or Faking?

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/15/05 at 4:35 pm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=Entertainment&cat=Michael_Jackson

Subject: Re: Is Jacko Sick or Faking?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/15/05 at 4:52 pm

Sick in what's left of his mind....IMO ;)

Written By: Howard on 02/15/05 at 5:00 pm

He's faking it.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/05 at 5:32 pm

I'm saying 'faking it'. I don't know many people who would go to hospital because of flu (however severe that may be).

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/15/05 at 5:46 pm

I think he's faking, but I voted sick in mind.  I find it hard to hate Michael Jackson because he hardly counts as human  ;D.  He is a freak though and I wish this trial would just start!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/15/05 at 6:19 pm

you know, there is the off-hand chance that he is really ill.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/15/05 at 6:21 pm

you know, there is the off-hand chance that he is really ill.
With all that silicone in his body, it's highly possible :o ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/05 at 6:59 pm

You know what strikes me?  I've known TONS of people who have gotten the flu (even had some pretty severe cases myself) and only ONE has gone to the hospital because of it...and she only did because she was pregnant and wasn't sure if the cramps she was having were from the flu or premature labor.  Why is it that most celebrities end up in the hospital when they're sick?

Because they are big babies.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/05 at 7:15 pm

I went with Hee hee as a version of I don't give a rat's patootie.  I think it is ridiculous that this is the lead story on the news all afternoon.  Wah wah, he has the flu...what a baby.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/15/05 at 7:30 pm

He's sickness today was an act, but he's psychologically sick!

Tanya

Written By: zcrito on 02/15/05 at 7:47 pm

The stress of the trial is probably playing on his health. As stress sometimes does on all of us.

Is he faking? I don't know, but a week? The last time I had the flu I was only sick for a day.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/05 at 10:20 pm

You have my permission, crazymom.  Stay in bed and your husband and boys must clean, cook and wait on you hand and foot...as prescribed by Dr. Dagwood. ;)

Written By: AL-B on 02/15/05 at 11:12 pm

Maybe he's just hung over from all the "Jesus Juice."  ;)

Written By: mr.smith s on 02/15/05 at 11:24 pm

You know what strikes me?  I've known TONS of people who have gotten the flu (even had some pretty severe cases myself) and only ONE has gone to the hospital because of it...and she only did because she was pregnant and wasn't sure if the cramps she was having were from the flu or premature labor.  Why is it that most celebrities end up in the hospital when they're sick?

Because Celebrities can boast their rights to use and abuse Hospitals, (in which they would quarantine a section off for them.  Of course Meaning calling the attention of important doctors and taking up valuable space for people who definitely could use it.
This is Definitely not true for all celebrities,  but they have that privelidge, which is unfair.

And I think Michael JAckson probably is sick,  but i think he is very mentally unstable, and to some certain respect this case should be administered as a lower priority, instead of making a spectacle.  I mean if he did it or if he didn't do it.  What kind of "current , groundbreaking info is good enough"  That's the tidbits that make a juicy story for the news.  Biases really should be held until further investigations.

Written By: AL-B on 02/15/05 at 11:52 pm

He's probably sick because all that plastic surgery has reduced his nostrils to the size of pinholes. He doesn't need to see a doctor...instead he ought to have a Roto-Rooter man come over and bore his nostrils out so he can breathe again. ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Powerslave on 02/16/05 at 12:01 am

Flu can be bad enough to hospitalise people, but if Jackson's case was as bad as that, hospital all over California would be full of cases. I think he's finally starting to feel the stress of his house-of-cards fantasy world crashing down around him, and that's what's doing him in. That said, famous people always seem to get sick when they have to face court. There was a well-known stockbroker here in Australia recently who tried to get out of his prison sentence because he was too sick. Isn't Saddam Hussein claiming to be too sick to stand trial now? My heart bleeds for you.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/05 at 1:49 am

I'm saying 'faking it'. I don't know many people who would go to hospital because of flu (however severe that may be).

I think he's really sick.  He's not the most hale character and he's been under heck of a lot of stress.  Tens of thousands of people DIE of the flu annually.  Most people in America don't go to the hospital unless it gets really severe, because you have to be as rich as Michael Jackson to pay the bills!
::)
Seriously, Jacko is probably whacked on on god-knows what kind of medication regimen, and may not have realized he was sick until he was at the point of collapse.

Written By: Gis on 02/16/05 at 3:06 am

Well I agree with the possibility that the stress could be making him have symptoms but I'm not 100% convinced it's real.
I guess the fact he is in the middle of a court case means he can't really not go to hospital, it has to look dramatic, though I think some celebs would go in for a broken nail given the chance !

As to the 'flu thing I feel I must get on my lecturing high horse here.The influenza is a very serious illness, lots of people die from it.Most humans will only catch it once or maybe twice in their lifetime.We have a habit of calling bad colds the 'flu which they are not.Once you have had the real thing believe me you will know the difference.

Written By: Powerslave on 02/16/05 at 4:32 am

As to the 'flu thing I feel I must get on my lecturing high horse here.The influenza is a very serious illness, lots of people die from it.Most humans will only catch it once or maybe twice in their lifetime.We have a habit of calling bad colds the 'flu which they are not.Once you have had the real thing believe me you will know the difference.

Yep, "flu" is one of those words that's thrown about whenever someone comes down with a bad cold, but it's not the same. It's not just the sniffles. About 36,000 people die from flu every year in the US alone and more than 100,000 catch it. It's a pretty debilitating sickness, and for someone like Michael Jackson it would hit him pretty hard. It's easy to be cynical when he happens to come down with it right now, however.

Written By: Mona on 02/16/05 at 6:32 am

Why is it that most celebrities end up in the hospital when they're sick?

Because they can afford it.  They don't have to decide  hmmmm do I go to the doctor or make my house payment.  Last time I went to the doctor, I was having a baby.  She's 16 now by the way.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/05 at 9:17 am

He's sick alright!  ::)

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/16/05 at 10:26 am

Ahem.... (breating under breath) stall tactic!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/16/05 at 5:13 pm

He's just trying to avoid going to jail so he's prolonging this garbage. >:(

Howard

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 5:26 pm

He's just trying to avoid going to jail so he's prolonging this garbage. >:(

Howard

Why can't he just do his trial and get what he deserves (IF he's guilty I say TWENTY-FIVE YEARS of prison AT THE VERY LEAST)?????????  I'd gain some respect for him if he just ended this s*it.  >:(  Also why the h*ll should I care about his trial more than any other sex crime trial?

If he shows no remorse then I won't care if he gets DEATH PENALTY, although I know he won't.
That is if he's found to be socio and not psycho (which are both diseases, but imo psycho lets you off the hook and socio doesn't).
>:( >:(

Written By: Marian on 02/16/05 at 8:52 pm

I think he's really sick.  He's not the most hale character and he's been under heck of a lot of stress.  Tens of thousands of people DIE of the flu annually.  Most people in America don't go to the hospital unless it gets really severe, because you have to be as rich as Michael Jackson to pay the bills!
::)
Seriously, Jacko is probably whacked on on god-knows what kind of medication regimen, and may not have realized he was sick until he was at the point of collapse.
Hey that's a good point,about possibly bot realizing he was sick until too late!

Written By: Robbo on 02/24/05 at 5:26 pm

WTF? How can the brother be faking it? He was sick all week-end and was still sick on Monday, but went to court on Monday even though he was sick!!
On Tuesday morning he was vomitting in the car!! The doctor at the hospital even said he was sick!!!
There is a bug going around Santa Maria, half the people from Jury selection were sick too, and that was why Judge Melville put a delay on the case!! Not because of Michael Jackson, but because of half the damn jury!!!!
He's back at court now, so WTF are people still complaining about!! I'm sick and f'n tired of people allways making up BS about Michael Jackson. I'm sick and tired of the wacko jacko BS too. It's getting tiring and boring. Enough with the Wacko Jacko jokes for cryin' out loud!!!
Did anyone catch the Geraldo Rivera interview after the Superbowl? Michael was as normal as heel. Not wacko!!!! Lay off him!!!!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/24/05 at 6:24 pm

WTF? How can the brother be faking it? He was sick all week-end and was still sick on Monday, but went to court on Monday even though he was sick!!
On Tuesday morning he was vomitting in the car!! The doctor at the hospital even said he was sick!!!
There is a bug going around Santa Maria, half the people from Jury selection were sick too, and that was why Judge Melville put a delay on the case!! Not because of Michael Jackson, but because of half the darn jury!!!!
He's back at court now, so WTF are people still complaining about!! I'm sick and f'n tired of people allways making up BS about Michael Jackson. I'm sick and tired of the wacko jacko BS too. It's getting tiring and boring. Enough with the Wacko Jacko jokes for cryin' out loud!!!
Did anyone catch the Geraldo Rivera interview after the Superbowl? Michael was as normal as heel. Not wacko!!!! Lay off him!!!!

are you michael jackson? i mean, how can any normal person defend wackjob other than himself....

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/24/05 at 6:29 pm

are you michael jackson? i mean, how can any normal person defend wackjob other than himself....

I don't know, Robbo creeps me out.  There's MJ nuts out there.  Makes you wonder why he's not a member.

Me, I don't like MJ, but I don't think he's so much a jerk as he is a freak.  Then again, it's easy to be both considering they come from the same source often. 

My two cents.  ;)

-FHF

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/24/05 at 6:51 pm

There's MJ nuts out there. 

-FHF
I wasn't aware that he HAD nuts...only that he IS!

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/24/05 at 11:44 pm

Remember, he had his nuts surgically removed to look more like Janet.  ;D
I wasn't aware that he HAD nuts...only that he IS!

Written By: Robbo on 02/25/05 at 1:06 am

The truth often freaks alot of people out. i urge everyone to read the transcripts of the accuser's testimony. It's very interesting, expecially when the boy says one thing, and then says the complete opposite! If you read between the line, the boy actually admitted Michael never touched him.
Sneddon asked the boy, "When you stayed in Michaell's room, did he ever touch you?"
The boy replied, "No!"
Sneddon asked, "What about when he molested you?"
The boy replied, "Oh yeah!!"
You really have to wonder if Sneddon and the accuser's want us to take these charges seriously?

Written By: goodsin on 02/25/05 at 9:27 am

I'd like to wager, at this point, that in some way Jacko will be found medically unfit to stand trial. He's gotta weasel out of it, he wouldn't survive prison~ on the other hand, if he were to be comitted to a mental hospital, well.... the phrase "and they all lived happily ever after!" springs to mind!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 10:01 am

Remember, he had his nuts surgically removed to look more like Janet.  ;D
;D I could've sworn he gave them to some young boy for Souvenir's of thier many nights together :P 

Written By: Howard on 02/25/05 at 10:06 am

maybe he was sick.I'm hoping this trial will now continue. >:(

Howard

Written By: goodsin on 02/25/05 at 10:35 am

;D I could've sworn he gave them to some young boy for Souvenir's of thier many nights together :P 

Wow, if this practise is widespread, someone should open a shop- a sort of 'Scrotes of the Stars' mini-mart or something. Or you could sell off old bits stars have had removed during plastic surgery- that being said, MJ could probably fill his own emporium with that sort of thing... ;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/25/05 at 10:38 am

stop it guys, your going to make RobboJackson cry.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 11:20 am

Wow, if this practise is widespread, someone should open a shop- a sort of 'Scrotes of the Stars' mini-mart or something. Or you could sell off old bits stars have had removed during plastic surgery- that being said, MJ could probably fill his own emporium with that sort of thing... ;D
http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/yelrotflmao.gif

Written By: goodsin on 02/25/05 at 11:24 am

stop it guys, your going to make RobboJackson cry.

Sorry, I'm not trying to deliberately upset any MJ fans. I'm the sort who, if I see an opportunity for a bit of a joke, will make that joke, even if I don't agree with the reasoning behind it. MJ has done his best to turn himself into some sort of circus sideshow, surely his fans aren't so blind as to not realise this sort of behaviour puts him right in the firing line when it comes to mockery...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 12:17 pm

It cracks me up when people try to justify being sick by vomiting....trust me, there are MANY ways to make yourself puke.  If it was truly the stomach flu (as he claims), those things usually only run 24-48 hours....therefore, if he was sick "over the weekend" it would have run it's course before mid-week ::)
Maybe his stomach had something other than "food" in it :-X

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/25/05 at 12:18 pm

I think reality is starting to get to him.

Written By: goodsin on 02/25/05 at 12:49 pm

Maybe his stomach had something other than "food" in it :-X

As per Marc Almond from 80's band Soft Cell was rumuored to have?  :D

Written By: AchtungBaby on 02/25/05 at 1:10 pm

I was watching Good Morning America this morning.  It appears that when he came into the Emergency Room - there was such a frenzy - that they moved this woman who had just had a heart attack to another room.  This was so he could have a larger room for his entorage and him.

The family states that the woman's lack of care during this excitement - caused her to die.  They are suing the hospital and Michael Jackson.  ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 1:11 pm

As per Marc Almond from 80's band Soft Cell was rumuored to have?  :D
Or perhaps the "Delicacy" Rod Stewart was rumoured to have partakenhttp://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/lickout.gif ::) :P ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 1:12 pm

I was watching Good Morning America this morning.  It appears that when he came into the Emergency Room - there was such a frenzy - that they moved this woman who had just had a heart attack to another room.  This was so he could have a larger room for his entorage and him.

The family states that the woman's lack of care during this excitement - caused her to die.  They are suing the hospital and Michael Jackson.  ???
If it's true it's just another sick deed he's done and I feel horrible for that woman and her family :\'(

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/25/05 at 1:22 pm

Or perhaps the "Delicacy" Rod Stewart was rumoured to have partakenhttp://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/lickout.gif ::) :P ;D

i remembered that rumour when i was in high school.

Written By: AchtungBaby on 02/25/05 at 1:35 pm

If it's true it's just another sick deed he's done and I feel horrible for that woman and her family :\'(

I agree - not sure how true it could be - with the exception of the poor woman dying - but if in fact he was not sick and caused an unneccesary frenzy.  He just makes me ill. :-[

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 1:39 pm

i remembered that rumour when i was in high school.
Yeah it's been a while alright, I never believed it though.

Written By: joedeertae on 02/25/05 at 3:58 pm

I went with Hee hee as a version of I don't give a rat's patootie.  I think it is ridiculous that this is the lead story on the news all afternoon.  Wah wah, he has the flu...what a baby.

now thats funny
HAHA... she said "rat's patootie" I've never seen anyone type that before. ;D :D

Written By: joedeertae on 02/25/05 at 4:08 pm

I think Wacko Jacko is stupid prolly sick but not that sick.

Written By: Robbo on 02/25/05 at 7:08 pm

Michael was sick, the doctor said he was sick, he went to court when he was sick. He missed one day. The trial was delayed because half the people from jury selection were also sick. So if you're going to say anyone was trying to avoid court, it'd be the jury members!
Anyway, Michael is back in court, the jury has been selected, the porsecution have run a mock trial and the opening statements from both sides start in about a week. Everythings going smoothly, so what are you all complaining about?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/25/05 at 7:09 pm

Michael was sick, the doctor said he was sick, he went to court when he was sick. He missed one day. The trial was delayed because half the people from jury selection were also sick. So if you're going to say anyone was trying to avoid court, it'd be the jury members!
Anyway, Michael is back in court, the jury has been selected, the porsecution have run a mock trial and the opening statements from both sides start in about a week. Everythings going smoothly, so what are you all complaining about?

complaining? we're making fun of him because he's a freak.

Written By: Robbo on 02/25/05 at 7:17 pm

complaining? we're making fun of him because he's a freak.

Why is Michael a freak? I just want to know why you think he is a freak?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/26/05 at 3:40 pm

The family states that the woman's lack of care during this excitement - caused her to die.  They are suing the hospital and Michael Jackson.   ???

That's sick  >:(  A child molestor's horrendous enough, but now he's a MURDERER??? 

I hope he gets LIFE IN PRISON!  >:(

-FHF

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 4:43 pm

Um, possibly because he thought it more important to have a huge room and stole precious time from a sick womans family, so HE could take over her room...all because he thinks he's better than everyone else. He dangled an infant over a railing, he screwed (pardon the pun) Paul McCartney and The Beatles....and he looks and acts like a freak

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 4:46 pm

I agree - not sure how true it could be - with the exception of the poor woman dying - but if in fact he was not sick and caused an unneccesary frenzy.  He just makes me ill. :-Sad part is all those "Fans" who blindly follow him. With all the power he has over some, maybe he should start another cult :D And yes, he makes me sick as well  :P

Written By: Robbo on 02/26/05 at 6:31 pm

Um, possibly because he thought it more important to have a huge room and stole precious time from a sick womans family, so HE could take over her room...all because he thinks he's better than everyone else.
NO! You are wrong! The hospital thought, "WOW! It's Michael JACKSON! We better give him a big room!" So they put him in a big room and moved the sick woman who was in there, out. It's wasn't Michael's fault.

He dangled an infant over a railing
That was 3 years ago, get over it. Michael was holding the baby tight, he wasn't going to let it go! The fans were screaming that they wanted to see the baby, so Michael showed them the baby.

he screwed (pardon the pun) Paul McCartney and The Beatles
Mikey would've given the catalogue back to McCartney, if McCartney wasn't such a JERK!
Michael also owned Little Richard's catalogue at one stage, but gave it back to him as a GIFT. Little Richard didn't have to pay for it. Michael gave it to him! There are tonnes of artists who he has done the same too.
If McCartney wasn't such a jerk about it, Michael probably would've given the songs back by now.

....and he looks and acts like a freak
So healing the world, donating money to charity, making great music, making people happy is acting like a freak???
He got like 2 nose jobs! If it wasn't for the vitiligo, he'd still look the same.
This is a pic from the Thriller era, with Michael's face from now put onto it. As you can see, he looks exactly the same as he did back in 1984, just older.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kes1984/mjmodified3.jpg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 6:35 pm

NO! You are wrong! The hospital thought, "WOW! It's Michael JACKSON! We better give him a big room!" So they put him in a big room and moved the sick woman who was in there, out. It's wasn't Michael's fault.

That was 3 years ago, get over it. Michael was holding the baby tight, he wasn't going to let it go! The fans were screaming that they wanted to see the baby, so Michael showed them the baby.
Mikey would've given the catalogue back to McCartney, if McCartney wasn't such a JERK!
Michael also owned Little Richard's catalogue at one stage, but gave it back to him as a GIFT. Little Richard didn't have to pay for it. Michael gave it to him! There are tonnes of artists who he has done the same too.
If McCartney wasn't such a jerk about it, Michael probably would've given the songs back by now.
So healing the world, donating money to charity, making great music, making people happy is acting like a freak???
He got like 2 nose jobs! If it wasn't for the vitiligo, he'd still look the same.
This is a pic from the Thriller era, with Michael's face from now put onto it. As you can see, he looks exactly the same as he did back in 1984, just older.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kes1984/mjmodified3.jpg

He had the baby's face covered...he could've dangled a doll and the crowd wouldn't have been the wiser. As for The Beatles...Jackson KNEW that thier wish was to never have thier songs used in commercials...he was the JERK for knowing that and still using them anyway. TWO nose jobs...oh, okay. That's all he's had done. Okay ::)

Written By: Robbo on 02/26/05 at 6:43 pm

He used 1 Beatles song in an advert ('Revolution' for the Nike ad). Get over it!! It's not like Michael makes any money off the Beatles anyway. No one ever buys their lame music anymore!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 6:46 pm

He used 1 Beatles song in an advert ('Revolution' for the Nike ad). Get over it!! It's not like Michael makes any money off the Beatles anyway. No one ever buys their lame music anymore!
Wrong....."Getting Better" was used by  Phillips!

Written By: Robbo on 02/26/05 at 6:55 pm

Wrong....."Getting Better" was used by  Phillips!

Get over it dude! Also keep in mind he isn't in total control of the songs. the Beatles catalogue is a part of Sony ATV which is only co-owned by Michael. There are other people who own it too.
The Beatles are lame. All their tunes are so simple and lack originatity. It wasn't until Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road that they started being creative, but by then their career's were nearly over. They were at the end of their time.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 7:03 pm

Get over it dude! Also keep in mind he isn't in total control of the songs. the Beatles catalogue is a part of Sony ATV which is only co-owned by Michael. There are other people who own it too.
The Beatles are lame. All their tunes are so simple and lack originatity. It wasn't until Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road that they started being creative, but by then their career's were nearly over. They were at the end of their time.
Beatles....lame, thanks, won't waste my time with this garbage anymore. I can at least admit that Thriller and Off The Wall are decent LP's.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/26/05 at 7:06 pm

How can anybody seriously still like MJ as a person????  I respect him as a being but but I'd never have a beer with him!

Written By: Robbo on 02/26/05 at 7:07 pm

Beatles....lame, thanks, won't waste my time with this garbage anymore. I can at least admit that Thriller and Off The Wall are decent LP's.

Yeah, and I admitted that Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road were great LP's! It's their early music which I don't like. But Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road were brilliant! I take my hat off to the Beatles (Lennon particulary) for the creation of these 2 fine LPs.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/26/05 at 7:08 pm

Yeah, and I admitted that Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road were great LP's! It's their early music which I don't like. But Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road were brilliant! I take my hat off to the Beatles (Lennon particulary) for the creation of these 2 fine LPs.

Robbo why don't you become a member?  If you do I'll respect your opinion on MJ more :)

-FHF  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 7:14 pm

That's cool, I didn't LOVE thier really early stuff but I started to enjoy them when "Rubber Soul" came out in '65 ;)

Written By: Robbo on 02/26/05 at 8:38 pm

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
I like Michael Jackson, dont particulary like The Beatles, but respect that they were brilliant.
You like The Beatles, dont particulary like Michael Jackson, but respect that he was brilliant.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/26/05 at 9:25 pm

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
I like Michael Jackson, dont particulary like The Beatles, but respect that they were brilliant.
You like The Beatles, dont particulary like Michael Jackson, but respect that he was brilliant.
Agreed ;)

Written By: Robbo on 02/26/05 at 9:32 pm

Agreed ;)

cool!

Written By: AchtungBaby on 02/26/05 at 9:58 pm

Correct me if I am wrong - I thought that when the Beatles music rights were up for bid - both Michael and Paul were bidding on them at the same time.  Therefore, if Michael was such a friend of Paul's why did he bid against him???? >:(  So he could pay more - then down the line give him the gift - I doubt it. 

Check for new replies or respond here...