inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are Keyboards Coming Back Into Rock?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/17/05 at 3:39 pm

I Vote Yes, with the popularity of bands like The Killers and Franz Ferdinand.  It's about time Rock became a bit poppier!

Subject: Re: Are Keyboards Coming Back Into Rock?

Written By: Circus on 02/17/05 at 4:07 pm

I would have to agree.  Keyboards add a good touch to music, especially metal such as Nightwish, Children of Bodom, and of course Dream Theater, which isnt really metal.

Written By: jiminy on 02/17/05 at 4:35 pm

Keyboards are a very big part in creating the dark atmosphere in Black Metal, bands like Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon use them but I think they can also be over used. They are a good lead into a song but I don't want them over used, the guitar and the double bass drums should always be the prominant thing you hear in metal, I saw Children of Bodom mentioned, they use keys very well so does Cradle of Filth...but people who like "true" black metal will say keys have no place in metal, examples are darkthrone, mayhem, burzum and old emperor (new emperor is a bit heavy on the use of keys)

Written By: Apricot on 02/17/05 at 8:26 pm

If I keep saying no, It'll make it true, right? RIGHT?

NONONONNONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/17/05 at 8:28 pm

If I keep saying no, It'll make it true, right? RIGHT?

NONONONNONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Say after me:  chirp chirp chirp um um um chirp chirp chirp, um um um  :D

Sorry man :(  THEY'RE BACK!

Written By: Apricot on 02/17/05 at 8:35 pm

Say after me:  chirp chirp chirp um um um chirp chirp chirp, um um um  :D

Sorry man :(  THEY'RE BACK!

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/17/05 at 8:41 pm

Whats wrong with keyboards in rock? I think Rock was a lot better back in the day when they used keyboards. Man, I miss classic rock. Heavy metal, alternative, nu-metal, punk, grunge, all of that crap is horrible. I wish we'd have a revival of classic style rock.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/17/05 at 8:47 pm

Whats wrong with keyboards in rock? I think Rock was a lot better back in the day when they used keyboards. Man, I miss classic rock. Heavy metal, alternative, nu-metal, punk, grunge, all of that crap is horrible. I wish we'd have a revival of classic style rock.

I agree. Grunge was good, and I like a lot of nu-metal, but by 1995/96 Grunge just got played out and numetal's just become too standard.  I can't stand hair metal though.  I hope that doesn't come back in any form, although I guess it beats pop-punk.  I'm glad numetal's declining.

I want pop-rock like a-ha, Devo, New Order, Depeche Mode, hell, even A Flock of Seagulls. Since 2004 though keyboards and synth pop are coming back.  Yes!  Sorry Apricot, I LOVE SYNTHS!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/17/05 at 9:45 pm

yeah sure why not....don't care really. i don't listen to mainstream anyway.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/18/05 at 11:02 am

They never left

Written By: SI-MAE Maya on 02/18/05 at 11:43 am

I kinda like Franz Ferdinand. The keyboards are... okay.

By the way, I love your new avatar, Apricot. And the sig. So pithy.  ;D

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/18/05 at 4:03 pm

I always liked the keyboards in rock.  It adds a nice touch to the music.

Check for new replies or respond here...